"Assessing and Understanding Trail Degradation: Results fromBig South Fork National River and Recreation Area"

Old June 4th 06, 11:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default "Assessing and Understanding Trail Degradation: Results fromBig South Fork National River and Recreation Area"

Edward Dolan wrote:

I have noted that Vandeman communicates just fine when he is addressing
matters of substance with a serious person, but why should he do likewise
when he is confronted with nothing but a bunch of asshole mountain bikers on
these freaking newsgroups who never, I repeat never, take issue with him on
anything of substance. Vandeman's forbearance in view of nothing but
continued provocation from the idiots, morons and imbeciles of Usenet is one
for Ripley's Believe It or Not!

Why should he do likewise? Because unless he does otherwise nobody will
listen to a word he has to say. And if nobody listens other than to
shout abuse/disagree with him, what is the point in him continually
saying the same thing over and over again. He is like a broken record.

I am responsible for much of the cross posting as I am bent on saving ARBR.
I will cease with the cross posting when ARBR has recovered sufficiently
from the depredations of a criminal vandal troll from a couple of winters
ago.

I appreciate that ARBR may have suffered as a result of trolling, but I
don't see the relevance of this thread to their messageboard.
Essentially it is OT. It is about Vandeman and his views on surveys, not
on cycling IMHO.

Vandeman is not a troll anymore than I am. You should meet a real troll to
learn the difference. Go review the ARBR archives from two winters ago
(Feb.) to know what a troll is and what they are capable of.

Maybe there are others worse than yourself and Vandeman. (Vandeman is
worse than you because at least you are honest that you use UseNet as a
means of having a laugh at other people, much the same way as I like to
think I do, other than when I am posting on a cycling specific topic
(e.g helping others with problems, fixing up rides etc, giving advice on
different bikes) rather than this constant debate on the effects of
cycling on the environment, which basically (and I hope I do not
misrepresent you by saying this), we largely use to blow off steam.