Peace Themed Jerseys?

Old January 6th 04, 06:20 PM
David Reuteler

Default Peace Themed Jerseys?

S o r n i wrote:
: It's what the poor dial-up users wear.

what a sorry lot.

they probably cook their own meals, too.
--
david reuteler

Old January 6th 04, 06:21 PM
S o r n i

Matt O'Toole wrote:

Yeah, name one great thing or idea to come from Switzerland...

Leggy supermodels spring to mind.

Bill "Danish, but close enough" S.

Old January 6th 04, 06:33 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Penny S wrote:
: Chocolate

the mayans invented chocolate ca 500 AD. the swiss didn't get around to their
contribution until 1875 when milk chocolate was first put on the market.
4 years later they invented a chocolate that melts in your mouth by heating
and rolling to refine it.

i don't like chocolate for some reason (i'm a mutant) so i didn't think to
mention the obvious.

http://www.chocolatemonthclub.com/chocolatehistory.htm
--
david reuteler

Old January 6th 04, 06:40 PM
MattB

Stewart Fleming wrote:
Kevan Smith wrote:

Not on jerseys, but on other polyester things.

Most iron-on transfers only work on cotton. Yes, hot iron on
polyester is not good. Did your mother not teach you how to iron?

I think all the ski wax in my iron would mess up my clothes! My mother
taught me to respect my clothes and not mess them up!

Matt

Old January 6th 04, 06:43 PM
Penny S

MattB scribbled on a scrap of paper:
Stewart Fleming wrote:
Kevan Smith wrote:

Not on jerseys, but on other polyester things.

Most iron-on transfers only work on cotton. Yes, hot iron on
polyester is not good. Did your mother not teach you how to iron?

I think all the ski wax in my iron would mess up my clothes! My mother
taught me to respect my clothes and not mess them up!

Matt

I keep one for waxing, one for ironing, one for fusing - doesn't everyone do
it that way?

P.

Old January 6th 04, 06:55 PM
Marlene Blanshay

In article , David Reuteler
wrote:

In rec.bicycles.misc Marlene Blanshay wrote:
: I saw a photo of a protest march taken last year near the white house, and
: some woman was holding up a sign that said "George Eat my Bush!" I thought
: it was hilarious, and I don't think I'd have the nerve! ANother one I
: thought was funny: "Texas of Evil."

last feb in sydney, australia i saw:

"Come back Willy, all the Monica you can eat."

oy! I remember seeing photos of demonstrations in Sydney and also in NZ,
and some of the signs were hilarious, but I can't remember now. Once in a
while, though, they stick in your mind.
Old January 6th 04, 07:16 PM
David Reuteler

Marlene Blanshay wrote:
: oy! I remember seeing photos of demonstrations in Sydney and also in NZ,
: and some of the signs were hilarious, but I can't remember now. Once in a
: while, though, they stick in your mind.

well, that & the girl carrying it was topless, sitting on someone's shoulders
and held the sign high over her head.

it was 3 maybe 4 minutes before i stopped laughing.
--
david reuteler

Old January 6th 04, 07:19 PM
bomba

John Harlow wrote:

Secondly, economies of scale refer to single companies rather than an
entire market. Although oil production is a massive industry, it is
split among many companies.

Whether it's 1 or 1000 companies making the same product, the more each
company makes, the cheaper it is to make.

Um, no. Taking production total as a constant it will be cheaper for
one company - that's the whole point of economies of scale.

And finally, economies of scale allow greater efficiency and lower
production costs per unit, but supply and demand has a much greater
impact on price than economies of scale ever will.

Which is ironic considering the US, who is the highest consumer of energy
per capita, pays the lowest per unit.

Or maybe it's because the taxation levels are higher in other countries,
in part to curb excessive usage. One of the reasons the US uses 25% of
the world's fuel (IIRC) is because it is so cheap.

How much is petrol in countries with inefficient refining and distribution
systems? Remember, the demand is low!

Again, we're outside of normal market conditions. Prices are
artificially high due to government-imposed levies in countries such as
Germany and the UK (approx. 85% taxation) which lowers demand.