BR(x) map for those who care...

Old February 26th 05, 10:51 AM
flyingdutch

Default BR(x) map for those who care...

warning! been nerding it up as numbers have been growing and th
occurence of losing people grows on occasion

first draft here. distances to be added in the morning perhaps.
I will be going slow cos I'll be taking notes, OK?

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~bdarabug/...s/BR_map_1.pdf
(1/2Mb download. sorry)

F "regretting those last 27 waffles?" Dutc

--
flyingdutch

Old February 26th 05, 11:32 AM
GPLama

flyingdutch wrote:
warning! been nerding it up as numbers have been growing and the
occurence of losing people grows on occasion

first draft here. distances to be added in the morning perhaps.
I will be going slow cos I'll be taking notes, OK?

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~bdarabug/...s/BR_map_1.pdf
(1/2Mb download. sorry)

F "regretting those last 27 waffles?" Dutch

Looks awesome FD.. I'm sure there is a longish climb around the word
'Plenty'.. Just after the short downhill and right turn at the roundabout..
I think its worth naming that something.. I know that is single file,
smooth, and it hurts.. that help?

Maybe the sprint to the bakery too?.. or is that an unspoken sprint?

cheers,
GPL

Old February 26th 05, 06:52 PM
flyingdutch

GPLama Wrote:

Looks awesome FD.. I'm sure there is a longish climb around the word
'Plenty'.. Just after the short downhill and right turn at th
roundabout..
I think its worth naming that something.. I know that is single file,
smooth, and it hurts.. that help?

Maybe the sprint to the bakery too?.. or is that an unspoken sprint

huh? tell me on the ride. i cant think straight at the mo...

sprints are secret as long as i can keep em that way
"Flyingdutch™"

PS would it be wrong to add Gags' turnoff toward home 'pikers corner
hehe :

--
flyingdutch

Old February 27th 05, 01:55 AM
essendon93

flyingdutch Wrote:
huh? tell me on the ride. i cant think straight at the mo..

sprints are secret as long as i can keep em that way
"Flyingdutch™

PS would it be wrong to add Gags' turnoff toward home 'pikers corner
hehe

Nice ma

Decided I had enough energy to do a few laps on the crit course, ende
up going round for 17:51 at an average of 32.5..man that final sprin
stung. So I'll have a crack on Wed, with the aim of not gettin
dropped

--
essendon93

Old February 27th 05, 09:57 AM
Gags

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

GPLama Wrote:

Looks awesome FD.. I'm sure there is a longish climb around the word
'Plenty'.. Just after the short downhill and right turn at the
roundabout..
I think its worth naming that something.. I know that is single file,
smooth, and it hurts.. that help?

Maybe the sprint to the bakery too?.. or is that an unspoken sprint?

huh? tell me on the ride. i cant think straight at the mo...

sprints are secret as long as i can keep em that way
"FlyingdutchT"

PS would it be wrong to add Gags' turnoff toward home 'pikers corner'
hehe

Oi!!!! I'll have you know that i went up Burgandy three times last week on
the way to work just for a laugh.

I went to You Yangs today for another XC mountain bike race and whilst
Lindsay and I were on a warm up lap, I managed to pretty well stuff up my
left ankle. A bit of a stick managed to break off in the back of the SPD so
that I couldn't get my left foot out. I was on the SS and going pretty slow
up a hill (the 38/16 was pretty big), the front wheel washed out a bit and I
held the slide, came to a stop, went to unclip my left foot (this is where
it started going slow motion)...couldn't get it out and so tipped over to
the left. There was a bit of a rock next to me that my left ankle landed on
and my shoe then came off of the pedal but rotated inwards!!! Ouch!!!

The organisers were good enough to give me back my race entry fee as that
was pretty well it for the day. I won't be able to go to the doc until
Tuesday as I have some stuff on at work tomorrow that I can't miss so for
now it is ice and compression bandage until then.

Hopefully Lindsay and I will be at the BR next week (or maybe just Lindsay
if my ankle is no good).

At least I didn't break the bike.

Ride On,

Gags

Old February 27th 05, 10:11 AM
DaveB

Gags wrote:
The organisers were good enough to give me back my race entry fee as that
was pretty well it for the day. I won't be able to go to the doc until
Tuesday as I have some stuff on at work tomorrow that I can't miss so for
now it is ice and compression bandage until then.

Hopefully Lindsay and I will be at the BR next week (or maybe just Lindsay
if my ankle is no good).

Mate I can sympathise having just lost a week due to injury. Commuting
tomorrow and hoping the traffic is kind and the shoulder has recovered.

So where's Lindsay's race report then?

DaveB
Old February 27th 05, 03:41 AM
jazmo

That's a great effort Dutchy! Bit of work went into that.

Just a note about the bakery at Smith's Gully - they also stock bik
bits which is really cool

--
jazmo

Old February 27th 05, 04:49 AM
Jay Woo

jazmo wrote:
That's a great effort Dutchy! Bit of work went into that.

Just a note about the bakery at Smith's Gully - they also stock bike
bits which is really cool.

--
jazmo

And 'nubile Barista's'

Old February 27th 05, 05:10 AM
flyingdutch

Jay Woo Wrote:

And 'nubile Barista's'

yeeees. to quote 'Robocop' ...

"I'd buy THAT for a dollarrr!"

maplink fixed..

--
flyingdutch

Old February 27th 05, 07:21 AM
flyingdutch

Jay Woo Wrote:
jazmo wrote:
That's a great effort Dutchy! Bit of work went into that.

Just a note about the bakery at Smith's Gully - they also stock bike
bits which is really cool.

--
jazmo

And 'nubile Barista's'

PS. thanks for Giro!!!
You rock I owe you one. Coffee and muffin on me next week.
Great recovery material. If only I could fully recover.
Spent the last 5k after piking out of Burgundy St battling real ba
cramps.
Had to jump off along Bulleen Rd and do the 'safety dance' roadside.
Would have made quite a sight.

F "You can dance if you want to..." Dutc

--
flyingdutch

Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Brooks saddles and rain and care Bob in CT General 79 August 2nd 04 04:24 PM
Uwharrie Trail Care Day May 15 Central NC Tommy Taylor Mountain Biking 1 April 28th 04 06:33 PM