BR(x) map for those who care...

Old February 27th 05, 09:35 PM
MikeyOz

Default BR(x) map for those who care...

was checking out your map, looks like a pretty nice ride, I wouldn'
mind tagging along one sunday morning if the ride is open to all ???

Its about time I chased some people up hills.

flyingdutch Wrote:
warning! been nerding it up as numbers have been growing and th
occurence of losing people grows on occasion

first draft here. distances to be added in the morning perhaps.
I will be going slow cos I'll be taking notes, OK?

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~bdarabug/...s/BR_map_1.pdf
(1/2Mb download. sorry)

F "regretting those last 27 waffles?" Dutc

--
MikeyOz

Old February 27th 05, 09:46 PM
essendon93

flyingdutch Wrote:
yeah. who was that? some one-hit-wonder no doubt

i have an image of some knob dancing on a hillside and the NFL usin
the song as a protest against the intro of the rule players couldn
dance in the endzone after a touchdown!

That would be Safety Dance by Men without Hats :

--
essendon93

Old February 27th 05, 10:18 PM
blah

MikeyOz wrote:
was checking out your map, looks like a pretty nice ride, I wouldn't
mind tagging along one sunday morning if the ride is open to all ???

Its about time I chased some people up hills.

MikeyOz

Open to absolutely any and everyone. You'd be most welcome chase or be
chased up hills; hope to see you along some time.
Cheers

Old February 27th 05, 10:28 PM
blah

Nice map; almost like being there. So how was it this week? Numbers,
your post-bender form, etc?
Got home from the Belgian Beer Cafe sort of early so I set the alarm.
6.25am it went off. I felt okay, without the hangover I was expecting,
so I got up, walked sideways into a wall and figured I felt okay
becuase I was still drunk. Went back to bed and woke up at 9.30 with
the beginnings of a mild hangover. Didn't even go out later, but did
iron enough shirts to drop at work for a full week of commuting. Will
be out next week.

Old February 28th 05, 03:01 AM
Jay Woo

Jay Woo wrote:
Though I will be doing the ride on Monday. What are everyone else's
thought's?

RIGHT! Well I'm not up to speed @ all! I just found out that this
weekend is NOT a long weekend like it has been in the past. It's the
one after. I'll go back into my cave now
Geez that's makes it all too hard to decide what I do this Sunday:/

Old February 28th 05, 07:58 AM
TimC

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 at 03:05 GMT, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)
OK. a few tweeks after making some notes on this morning's ride
distances added. If anyone has any better info on these in the coming
weeks, let me know...
File is 'only' 150k now too for all you dial-up losers

Spelt "lusers"

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~bdarabug/...s/BR_map_2.pdf

Hmmm. Prefer having those little side roads drawn in, because I am
sure that I got lost the time I went because the map didn't have
enough detail

But they come out oh so faint on the printer. I wonder if they can be
made a tad darker without cluttering up the whole map. Perhaps the
main roads should be made a tad darker too?

Hmmm, I might go and do something stupid like edit the raw postscript
file now...
Lets waste paper and colour ink!

Calm down, it's *only* ones and zeroes.
Old February 28th 05, 09:18 AM
flyingdutch

TimC Wrote:
Hmmm. Prefer having those little side roads drawn in, because I am
sure that I got lost the time I went because the map didn't have
enough detail

But they come out oh so faint on the printer. I wonder if they can be
made a tad darker without cluttering up the whole map. Perhaps the
main roads should be made a tad darker too?

Hmmm, I might go and do something stupid like edit the raw postscript
file now...
Lets waste paper and colour ink!

yeah, it was a bit cluttered with all the minor roads on it but i ca
turn em back on if you want? Its just a layer i 'hid' for postscriptin
the file.

as is/was
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~bdarabug/...s/BR_map_2.pdf

darker/ink-muncher/500kdownload-for-'lusers':
http://tinyurl.com/62u7

--
flyingdutch

Old February 28th 05, 09:58 AM
TimC

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 at 09:18 GMT, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)
TimC Wrote:
Hmmm, I might go and do something stupid like edit the raw postscript
file now...
Lets waste paper and colour ink!

yeah, it was a bit cluttered with all the minor roads on it but i can
turn em back on if you want? Its just a layer i 'hid' for postscripting
the file.

I tried editing the postscript file, but it's a lot harder to find the
colour commands than my usual postscript files!

darker/ink-muncher/500kdownload-for-'lusers':
http://tinyurl.com/62u76

That's better (although I think I discovered the DPI limits of our
printer). Ther's a colour mistake in loop D though. Now just needs a
few more suburb names (Heidelburg?), and perhaps the odd major major
street name...

Don't worry about me

I should print on a fancy 24000 DPI printer, and then laminate

"It took people a long time to figure out which machine was [mooing],
and even longer to figure out how. But for some reason it didn't take
them any time at all to figure that I'd done it." -- Paul Tomblin on ASR
Old February 28th 05, 08:24 PM
ritcho

flyingdutch Wrote:
yeah, it was a bit cluttered with all the minor roads on it but i ca
turn em back on if you want? Its just a layer i 'hid' for postscriptin
the file.

as is/was
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~bdarabug/...s/BR_map_2.pdf

darker/ink-muncher/500kdownload-for-'lusers':
http://tinyurl.com/62u76

I just had a look FD, fantastic map - exactly what every prospectiv
BR'er would need. I noticed that there are frequent (very frequent
references to getting on a wheel though. Get out on to the front and d
some bloody work!!!

A hearty Well Done.

Ritc

--
ritcho

Old February 28th 05, 09:46 PM
flyingdutch

ritcho Wrote:
I just had a look FD, fantastic map - exactly what every prospectiv
BR'er would need. I noticed that there are frequent (very frequent
references to getting on a wheel though. Get out on to the front and d
some bloody work!!!

A hearty Well Done.

Ritch

silly, silly northerner
youre tri-heritage is showing...

some of us were made to work.
the rest of us were made to benefit from it.
Its a tuff gig but someone's gotta do it :rolleyes

--
flyingdutch

Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Brooks saddles and rain and care Bob in CT General 79 August 2nd 04 04:24 PM
Uwharrie Trail Care Day May 15 Central NC Tommy Taylor Mountain Biking 1 April 28th 04 06:33 PM