Velo libre a Londres, 2eme?

Old February 14th 09, 12:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Default Velo libre a Londres, 2eme?

http://tinyurl.com/cv9xj5

New Brompton, anyone?

Old February 14th 09, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:31:09 -0800 (PST), Squashme
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/cv9xj5

New Brompton, anyone?

Shame all this pro-cycling guff from SWT doesn't extend to actually
allowing commuters to take their own bikes on the train.
Old February 15th 09, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/cv9xj5

New Brompton, anyone?

Shame all this pro-cycling guff from SWT doesn't extend to actually
allowing commuters to take their own bikes on the train.

I've just packed my Nephew home to Somerset on a SW train. Taking his
bike on the train was trivial. I simply phoned SW trains, told them
the train he would be on and his ticket number and they gave me a bike
booking reference number.

We cycled to Waterloo together and loaded his bike onto the train
without a problem.
Old February 15th 09, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/cv9xj5

New Brompton, anyone?

Shame all this pro-cycling guff from SWT doesn't extend to actually
allowing commuters to take their own bikes on the train.

I've just packed my Nephew home to Somerset on a SW train. Taking his
bike on the train was trivial. I simply phoned SW trains, told them
the train he would be on and his ticket number and they gave me a bike
booking reference number.

We cycled to Waterloo together and loaded his bike onto the train
without a problem.

Fairy nuff, but I think you missed the key word "commuters". Not at
all the same tale at 08:00 at Ascot heading for Waterloo.
Old February 15th 09, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:30:44 +0000, Peter Grange
said in
:

Fairy nuff, but I think you missed the key word "commuters". Not at
all the same tale at 08:00 at Ascot heading for Waterloo.

Oh dear, my sympathies. It never ceases to amaze me that going from
Reading to London we have two such disparate services: FGW every few
minutes, 25 min to Paddington; on the next platform SWT to Waterloo
about twice a week at slightly more than walking pace.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old February 15th 09, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:31:37 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:30:44 +0000, Peter Grange
said in
:

Fairy nuff, but I think you missed the key word "commuters". Not at
all the same tale at 08:00 at Ascot heading for Waterloo.

Oh dear, my sympathies. It never ceases to amaze me that going from
Reading to London we have two such disparate services: FGW every few
minutes, 25 min to Paddington; on the next platform SWT to Waterloo
about twice a week at slightly more than walking pace.

Guy

Thanks for the sympathy Guy, but it's history now. Retired, living in
Dorset, and getting up long after the 07:whatever_it_was_I_used_to_get
has gone! I can now just be the grumpy old man about commuting without
actually having to do it.

Pete
Old February 15th 09, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

wrote:

Fairy nuff, but I think you missed the key word "commuters". Not at
all the same tale at 08:00 at Ascot heading for Waterloo.

How many commuter trains take non-folding non-bagged bikes at peak
hours?
Old February 15th 09, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

wrote:

Fairy nuff, but I think you missed the key word "commuters". Not at
all the same tale at 08:00 at Ascot heading for Waterloo.

How many commuter trains take non-folding non-bagged bikes at peak
hours?

The ones up here do - 2 per train :-)

Wife is still glad of the Birdy though - means no having to take the risk if
2 other people are there, and it apparently gets tight sometimes.

Old February 15th 09, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 19:17:49 +0000, Peter Grange
said in
:

I can now just be the grumpy old man about commuting without
actually having to do it.

Result!

I have worked out that Crossrail will be finished about the time I
am too old and knackered to ride across London every day :-)

Old February 15th 09, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 19:31:22 +0000, Tom Crispin
said in
:

How many commuter trains take non-folding non-bagged bikes at peak
hours?

All those going out of London, at least from Reading to Didcot. I
used to take my recumbent on them pretty frequently.