[RR] Ouch! Need to ride more!

Old May 10th 09, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alistair Gunn

Default [RR] Ouch! Need to ride more!

Whilst heading out to the pub with my girlfriend last night I met one of
my neighbours who stopped for a chat. During the course of said
conversation he proposed that I should got out for a bike ride with him
this morning ... More fool I for agreeing to this idiocy!

~19.28km with ~357m of climb and descent over the middle 10km, and this
was what he decribed as the "easy" option! :-) At the moment it feels
like my legs may never forgive me!

I'm sure I used to be fitter than this? But at least things appear to
have healed after my "off" on the 10th April ...
Old May 10th 09, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

Alistair Gunn wrote:
Whilst heading out to the pub with my girlfriend last night I met one of
my neighbours who stopped for a chat. During the course of said
conversation he proposed that I should got out for a bike ride with him
this morning ... More fool I for agreeing to this idiocy!

~19.28km with ~357m of climb and descent over the middle 10km, and this
was what he decribed as the "easy" option! :-) At the moment it feels
like my legs may never forgive me!

I'm sure I used to be fitter than this? But at least things appear to
have healed after my "off" on the 10th April ...

Sounds good though, but starting again after a break is always hard. I
often think that it's only those rides where you go further than you
wanted that actually get you fitter.

Roger Thorpe

Ouch! B. Lafferty Racing 0 August 30th 06 01:16 PM
Ouch! Resound Australia 4 May 31st 05 03:52 PM
Ouch! Joel Mayes Australia 0 May 31st 05 10:09 AM
Ouch, my bum! Michael Warner Australia 4 May 25th 05 11:25 PM
Ouch ! Deep Freud Moors Australia 29 November 13th 03 01:31 AM