Tressostar tape price?

Old June 10th 11, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default Tressostar tape price?

What's the going rate now? I was going to pick up some at the trendy
shop across the river while my buddy had a spoke replaced while we
were out riding last week, but it was $6/roll, up from $4 last year.
As I had limited cash to last me for beverages, food, and whatnot on
this extended ride, I didn't buy any. Did the exchange rate go up that
much, or is this hipster pricing?
Old June 10th 11, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

landotter wrote:
What's the going rate now? I was going to pick up some at the trendy
shop across the river while my buddy had a spoke replaced while we
were out riding last week, but it was $6/roll, up from $4 last year.
As I had limited cash to last me for beverages, food, and whatnot on
this extended ride, I didn't buy any. Did the exchange rate go up that
much, or is this hipster pricing?

Should be, according to my cost, about $10/pair which is
what we charge. Up about 25c cost from a year ago. He may
be paying more than we do, making $12/pair right for him. If
he's buying under 100 at a time that's likely.

$8/pair is quite low, IMHO, for the last 5 years anyway.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old June 10th 11, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn °_°

On 6/9/2011 7:16 PM, landotter wrote:
What's the going rate now? I was going to pick up some at the trendy
shop across the river while my buddy had a spoke replaced while we
were out riding last week, but it was $6/roll, up from $4 last year.
As I had limited cash to last me for beverages, food, and whatnot on
this extended ride, I didn't buy any. Did the exchange rate go up that
much, or is this hipster pricing?

That price is on the high end:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Tressostar+tape&tbm=shop&hl=en&aq=f.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old June 10th 11, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Jun 9, 7:48*pm, AMuzi wrote:
landotter wrote:
What's the going rate now? I was going to pick up some at the trendy
shop across the river while my buddy had a spoke replaced while we
were out riding last week, but it was $6/roll, up from $4 last year.
As I had limited cash to last me for beverages, food, and whatnot on
this extended ride, I didn't buy any. Did the exchange rate go up that
much, or is this hipster pricing?

Should be, according to my cost, about $10/pair which is
what we charge. Up about 25c cost from a year ago. *He may
be paying more than we do, making $12/pair right for him. If
he's buying under 100 at a time that's likely.

$8/pair is quite low, IMHO, for the last 5 years anyway.

It's like tubes, Andrew. I can handle inflation on everything else,
but Tressostar and tubes should be five bucks, even though that's what
they cost twenty years ago...
Old June 10th 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

landotter wrote:
On Jun 9, 7:48 pm, AMuzi wrote:
landotter wrote:
What's the going rate now? I was going to pick up some at the trendy
shop across the river while my buddy had a spoke replaced while we
were out riding last week, but it was $6/roll, up from $4 last year.
As I had limited cash to last me for beverages, food, and whatnot on
this extended ride, I didn't buy any. Did the exchange rate go up that
much, or is this hipster pricing?

Should be, according to my cost, about $10/pair which is
what we charge. Up about 25c cost from a year ago. He may
be paying more than we do, making $12/pair right for him. If
he's buying under 100 at a time that's likely.

$8/pair is quite low, IMHO, for the last 5 years anyway.

It's like tubes, Andrew. I can handle inflation on everything else,
but Tressostar and tubes should be five bucks, even though that's what
they cost twenty years ago...

Our founder, posed with fifty cents per pair Velox
http://www.yellowjersey.org/6011.jpg

Old June 10th 11, 05:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Jun 10, 11:04*am, AMuzi wrote:
landotter wrote:
On Jun 9, 7:48 pm, AMuzi wrote:
landotter wrote:
[...]

For such value, I'm going to have to get back to work on my time
machine.

Rim Tape Chris Eilbeck UK 7 August 9th 06 06:45 PM
Anyone tried glass reinforced packing tape as rim tape? Martyn Aldis Techniques 21 May 8th 06 05:19 PM
Rim Tape v. Elec Tape trailguy Unicycling 11 December 2nd 05 05:10 AM
Rim Tape Mac UK 18 September 15th 05 07:01 PM
Duct tape for holding rim tape or in leu of rim tape? meb Techniques 21 August 4th 04 09:23 PM