A good time for 10km TT?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 7th 06, 09:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default A good time for 10km TT?

Steve Freides wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
I have a best of 15:45 on a regular bike. How good is that?

Hi Joe.

I get the impression you are a nice guy. This really isn't the best
place for a nice guy to ask a question about his athletic
performance.
You're liable to get a wild assortment of advice, accurate and
inaccurate. Some of the nicest members of the group are apt to
address
you as 'dumbass,' while some of the worst members of the group are
apt
to address you by your given name. It can be a confusing place
before
you get used to it.

I actually prefer the roughness of this group to the false veneer of
civility often found on other groups. At least here there are no
unexpectedly rude and/or crazy things that just pop up out of the
blue.
Here it's all on display from the get go!

If you think this is a rough newsgroup, you don't get out on Usenet
much. I'd call this one middle of the road - there are some nicer but
many far worse. And I confess to have _never_ found a "veneer of
civility" in Usenet, false or otherwise.

I've kept my forays to groups with some semblance of relavency to
people who are not entirely off their rocker. Things like how to
optimze a database, vs aroma-therapy treatments for bus-sickness. The
sane/crazy ratio seems to have a lot to do with it.

r.b.* is a borderline case, with a fair number of fruitcakes,
particularly among those who also know what Usenet is. Guys with beards
who complain that Supergo doesn't stock spare parts for 15 year old
floor-pumps.

Joseph