Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

Old December 6th 11, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

On 06/12/2011 06:42, Doug wrote:
On 4-Dec-2011, "Paul - wrote:

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.

You are wrong of course, as usual. Helmets are related to cycling. Some
people want cyclists to be made to wear helmets, in which case it logically
follows that other persons at risk should wear them too.

They already do retard. Climbers, cavers, canoeists, builders, horse
riders etc.

In fact, if it is
obligatory for cyclists to wear helmets than everyone else who is out and
about on our roads should be made to wear them also.

Pedestrians aren't using vehicles idiot. Motorists have seat belts, air
bags etc.

University
Old December 6th 11, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 4, 10:47*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:
"Paul - xxx" *wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.

I dislike Doug intensely.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"

I don't dislike anyone intensely as it is such a negative emotion that
only makes me suffer and not the object of my disliking.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 6th 11, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

On Dec 4, 10:47*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:
"Paul - xxx" *wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.

I dislike Doug intensely.

I don't dislike anyone intensely as it is such a negative emotion that
only makes me suffer and not the object of my disliking.

It took me a while to realise I disliked him, but I've 'known' of him
for a few years now .. and it doesn't make me suffer at all, I just try
to reply to him as little as possible and normally in disparaging,
probaby troll-like, terms.

I stopped trying to argue or debate with him a long time ago, he has
such a narrow mind that he's impossible to actually have any discussion
with if it opposes in any miniscule way his own distorted viewpoint ..
no matter how much proof you show, which he'll ask to be repeated in
many different ways, before simply ignoring anything further and
repeating his mantra for the day.

Old December 6th 11, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 06/12/2011 12:37, Simon Mason wrote:
On Dec 4, 10:47 am, "Paul - wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:
"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.

I dislike Doug intensely.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Mark Cavendish, World Champion 2011.

I don't dislike anyone intensely as it is such a negative emotion that
only makes me suffer and not the object of my disliking.

Oh goodie! Can we be best bumchums then? Kissy kissy!

University
Old December 6th 11, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 06/12/2011 12:53, Paul - xxx wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

On Dec 4, 10:47 am, "Paul - wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:
"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

[...]

Exactly the same tactics as al the other bicycling ****s around here then.

University
Old December 6th 11, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

On 4 Dec 2011 10:47:51 GMT, "Paul - xxx"
wrote:

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.
I dislike Doug intensely.

Doug's clearly completely hatstand and deserves slight sympathy but
his "input" has long since lost its novelty value and is very rarely
on-topic. Even if it were he'd probably be wasting his time, I'd be
astonished if more than a tiny proportion of people here read a word
he posts.

Guy
--
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed
Old December 7th 11, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weaseltemper[_2_]

On 06/12/2011 21:45, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On 4 Dec 2011 10:47:51 GMT, "Paul -
wrote:

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.
I dislike Doug intensely.

Doug's clearly completely hatstand and deserves slight sympathy but
his "input" has long since lost its novelty value and is very rarely
on-topic. Even if it were he'd probably be wasting his time, I'd be
astonished if more than a tiny proportion of people here read a word
he posts.

Guy

He is not quite bad enough to kill-file but I tend to just skip over his
posts as they are generally not worth reading.

--
Simon
For personal replies, please use my reply-to address.
Old December 7th 11, 08:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.
I dislike Doug intensely.

Doug's clearly completely hatstand and deserves slight sympathy but
his "input" has long since lost its novelty value and is very rarely
on-topic. Even if it were he'd probably be wasting his time, I'd be
astonished if more than a tiny proportion of people here read a word
he posts.

Mason seems intent on becoming the new Doug.

University
Old December 7th 11, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_12_]

On 6-Dec-2011, Simon Mason wrote:

On Dec 4, 10:47*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:
"Paul - xxx" *wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.

I dislike Doug intensely.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Mark Cavendish, World Champion 2011.

I don't dislike anyone intensely as it is such a negative emotion that
only makes me suffer and not the object of my disliking.

In a newsgroup dominated by motorists I wouldn't be doing my job properly if
I wasn't 'disliked intensely'.

Because a majority of the population use cars the many serious problems mass
car use causes is somehow treated as normal and acceptable by mob rule but I
happen to belong to groups of campaigners who want to see these problems
minimised as much as possible.

-- .
World Carfree Network.
http://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.
Old December 7th 11, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weaseltemper[_2_]

On 07/12/2011 09:10, Doug wrote:
On 6-Dec-2011, Simon wrote:

On Dec 4, 10:47 am, "Paul - wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:
"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.

I dislike Doug intensely.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Mark Cavendish, World Champion 2011.

I don't dislike anyone intensely as it is such a negative emotion that
only makes me suffer and not the object of my disliking.

In a newsgroup dominated by motorists I wouldn't be doing my job properly if
I wasn't 'disliked intensely'.

Because a majority of the population use cars the many serious problems mass
car use causes is somehow treated as normal and acceptable by mob rule but I
happen to belong to groups of campaigners who want to see these problems
minimised as much as possible.

Problem is that in DougWorld, real cyclists don’t use cars. But in the
real world most cyclists do use cars. That makes Doug a very small
minority among cyclists. In fact you are quite possibly one of a kind. I
respect your point of view, but please don’t think the rest of us
cyclists should agree with it.