Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

Old December 8th 11, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 06:44:28 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Dec 5, 10:35*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

I'm not just one 'thing' I have many spheres of influence in my life
and would hate to think I'm being pigeon-holed .. especially in real
life .. but Usenet's mostly just fun and an 'extra' interaction with
people of mostly differing views to my normal sets of friends.

Same here, I will engage with anybody who is civil and reasonable, but
will not put up with constant foul personal verbal attacks as they are
just tiresome to read.
And of course, malicious letters to my employer will be dealt with by
the relevant authorities.

Who are? Customs and Excise perhaps?

Have you got a timescale?

Old December 8th 11, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 13:05:26 -0000, "Mr Benn" wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Dec 4, 11:35 am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

No, I don't know enough of Simon to say I like him, but I certainly
don't dislike him and he posts a shed-load more on-topic stuff than
many others in here so I don't worry about other stuff as I think his
heart is in the right place for the group ..

I only posted loads of on topic stuff to deal with the trolls at
first.
Since they have learned not to reply to all of my copy and paste stuff
I have no need to bombard the group any more as my tactics have worked
and the troll activity is drastically reducued.

People didn't respond because most of the posts from you were utter ****e -
of little interest to anyone but yourself. Do you really think people are
interested in what you had for breakfast? That is clearly off-topic for a
group which is meant to be about cycling, not your diet or stories clearly
chosen by you to demonise drivers.

You were and still are one of the biggest trolls in this newsgroup.

How is your legal action going against your opponents?

I loved his little slip: "I only posted loads of *on topic* stuff to deal
with the trolls at first."

Old December 9th 11, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 19:09:16 +0000, Judith wrote:

For ****

And it is a very great honour to be ****ed by the anthropophagee judith.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old December 9th 11, 02:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 8, 11:28*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

He is an absolute hypocrite, wanting others to do what he does, then
lambasting them when they express opposing, or even barely different,
points of view.

It took me a few years and many attempts at debate to come to these
conclusions. *He simply does not debate or compromise a point of view,
even when he's proven wrong and been demonstrated wrong many times!

Fair comment - however, I like to treat everyone the same and that is
how I would like to be treat myself.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 9th 11, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Dec 8, 11:28*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On 7 Dec 2011 13:46:59 GMT, "Paul - xxx"
wrote:

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On 4 Dec 2011 10:47:51 GMT, "Paul - xxx"

wrote:

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.
I dislike Doug intensely.

Doug's clearly completely hatstand and deserves slight sympathy but
his "input" has long since lost its novelty value and is very

rarely on-topic. Even if it were he'd probably be wasting his
time, I'd be astonished if more than a tiny proportion of people
here read a word he posts.

Well, yeah, I swept out the kill-file recently and he popped up
again, but it's not 'cos of his driving/cycling views, or what he's
said on this group that I so dislike him though!

Do tell...

I dislike his condoning of grave-robbery and his cavalier attitude to
anything done by those he supports, ALF et al and his aboslutely
blinkered attitude and outlook to debating the issues surrounding them.

I dislike how he's been forced into stopping driving through health
issues, and now expects everyone else to give up their vehicles, flying
etc, when he, hypocritically, used to fly around the world, 'destroying
fragile ecosystems' (as was once put) by riding motorcycles and driving
Landrovers around desert areas .. then crying foul when others express
a like for off-roading (legally) on designated green lanes, or even
simply driving!

He's an absolutely a-typical cyclist who only serves to make other
people think all cyclists views are just as foolish!

He is an absolute hypocrite, wanting others to do what he does, then
lambasting them when they express opposing, or even barely different,
points of view.

It took me a few years and many attempts at debate to come to these
conclusions. *He simply does not debate or compromise a point of view,
even when he's proven wrong and been demonstrated wrong many times!

(Yawn!) Yet another motorist.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old December 9th 11, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 08/12/2011 06:37, Doug wrote:
On Dec 7, 5:59 pm, Dave - Cyclists
wrote:
On 07/12/2011 09:10, Doug wrote:

On 6-Dec-2011, Simon wrote:

On Dec 4, 10:47 am, "Paul - wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:
"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.

I dislike Doug intensely.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Mark Cavendish, World Champion 2011.

I don't dislike anyone intensely as it is such a negative emotion that
only makes me suffer and not the object of my disliking.

In a newsgroup dominated by motorists I wouldn't be doing my job properly if
I wasn't 'disliked intensely'.

Just think. If you hadn't cross posted ****e to motoring groups none of
us would be here.

Rubbish. I haven't cross posted in a long time.

But that's why I'm here - because you cross posted.

Motorists are here to
try to get their own back on cyclists. Not content with intimidating
cyclists on our roads they try to do it on this NG as well, just
because cyclists are much less dangerous, much less polluting, much
less congesting, much less environmentally unfriendly and much
healthier than motorists.

No, it's just because cyclists are a bunch of *******.

University
Old December 9th 11, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

They're all the same aren't they?!

Old December 9th 11, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 9, 6:52*am, Doug wrote:

He is an absolute hypocrite, wanting others to do what he does, then
lambasting them when they express opposing, or even barely different,
points of view.

It took me a few years and many attempts at debate to come to these
conclusions. *He simply does not debate or compromise a point of view,
even when he's proven wrong and been demonstrated wrong many times!

(Yawn!) Yet another motorist.

No.
Paul drives, cycles, walks and rides a motorbike so he, like me, can
see things from all sides of the debate.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 9th 11, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

(Yawn!) Yet another ****witted cyclist.

Can you not understand that pigeon-holing people and thinking they only
have one mindset simply doesn't work?

Old December 9th 11, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 09/12/2011 06:52, Doug wrote:
On Dec 8, 11:28 am, "Paul - wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

wrote:

[...]

A driving licence is not a licence to kill, never has been.

Seems somebody else has sussed you out.