Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

Old December 10th 11, 03:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 08:48:24 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

No, it's just because cyclists are a bunch of *******.

It is a very great honour to be tossed by the vorephilic dave.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old December 10th 11, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_12_]

On 9-Dec-2011, Simon Mason wrote:

On Dec 9, 6:52*am, Doug wrote:

He is an absolute hypocrite, wanting others to do what he does, then
lambasting them when they express opposing, or even barely different,
points of view.

It took me a few years and many attempts at debate to come to these
conclusions. *He simply does not debate or compromise a point of view,
even when he's proven wrong and been demonstrated wrong many times!

(Yawn!) Yet another motorist.

No.
Paul drives, cycles, walks and rides a motorbike so he, like me, can
see things from all sides of the debate.

Although you defend cyclists, Simon, others here seem blighted by the
motorist's mindset regarding cyclists, even if they claim to be cyclists
themselves. I would take such a claim with a pinch of salt as any regular
cyclist would be aware of the serious danger they place themselves in
whenever they share our roads with bad drivers. I suppose it all depends on
which mode of transport they use the most.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old December 10th 11, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

On Dec 9, 6:52*am, Doug wrote:

[...]

I walk most, cycle second, drive third .. but I guess that also depends
on if you count 'most' as distance, time, regularity etc.

I don't see 'much' danger for me when I use the roads, whatever mode of
transport I use as I'm pretty experienced in all, indeed I enjoy using
the roads, it's quite relaxing!

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Old December 10th 11, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Tony Dragon wrote:

On 09/12/2011 06:52, Doug wrote:
On Dec 8, 11:28 am, "Paul - wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Do tell...

It took me a few years and many attempts at debate to come to
these conclusions. He simply does not debate or compromise a
point of view, even when he's proven wrong and been demonstrated
wrong many times!

(Yawn!) Yet another motorist.

Seems somebody else has sussed you out.

Dammit, I ought to care.

Old December 22nd 11, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Ping Paul in Doncaster

Could you possibly post the telephone number to vote for Mark
Cavendish tonight? I am at work and we have 45 different phones in
various labs and offices and I want to be able to vote on each
one. :-) If not, I''ll have to ring our lass and she will be watching
Corrie or summat instead.

TIA
--
Simon Mason

Old December 22nd 11, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 22, 4:00*pm, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
Could you possibly post the telephone number to vote for Mark
Cavendish tonight? I am at work and we have 45 different phones in
various labs and offices and I want to be able to vote on each
one. :-) If not, I''ll have to ring our lass and she will be watching
Corrie or summat instead.

TIA

Yup, no worries.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Mark Cavendish, World Champion 2011.

Cheers, Paul.

I will be running around like a blue arsed fly on full pay voting for
Cav all over the shop:-)

Can't beat it.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 23rd 11, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Williams

"Paul - xxx" writes:

It took me a few years and many attempts at debate to come to these
conclusions. He simply does not debate or compromise a point of
view, even when he's proven wrong and been demonstrated wrong many
times!

But there are two different types of ozone!

Does this relate to Doug's recent posting history, or are you dredging
up posts from several years ago in order to score petty points? Do
different isotopes count as `types'?

--
Mark
Old December 23rd 11, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 23, 5:04*pm, Mark Williams ] wrote:
"Paul - xxx" writes:

It took me a few years and many attempts at debate to come to these
conclusions. *He simply does not debate or compromise a point of
view, even when he's proven wrong and been demonstrated wrong many
times!

But there are two different types of ozone!

Does this relate to Doug's recent posting history, or are you dredging
up posts from several years ago in order to score petty points? *Do
different isotopes count as `types'?

--
Mark

Yes, you can have ozone made from 16O, with a small percentage of 18O
and an even smaller percentage of 17O.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 23rd 11, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Mark Williams wrote:

"Paul - xxx" writes:

It took me a few years and many attempts at debate to come to

these conclusions. He simply does not debate or compromise a
point of view, even when he's proven wrong and been demonstrated
wrong many times!

But there are two different types of ozone!

Does this relate to Doug's recent posting history, or are you dredging
up posts from several years ago in order to score petty points? Do
different isotopes count as `types'?

So you can't be bothered to read the thread and yet still feel
compelled to comment on a small part of it.

I'm not trying to score points at all, someone asked me why I despise
Doug, I responded.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Mark Cavendish, World Champion 2011
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2011