Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

Old December 24th 11, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

On Dec 23, 8:04*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On Dec 23, 5:04*pm, Mark Williams ] wrote:

"Paul - xxx" writes:

It took me a few years and many attempts at debate to come to these
conclusions. *He simply does not debate or compromise a point of
view, even when he's proven wrong and been demonstrated wrong many
times!

But there are two different types of ozone!

Does this relate to Doug's recent posting history, or are you dredging
up posts from several years ago in order to score petty points? *Do
different isotopes count as `types'?

--
Mark

Yes, you can have ozone made from 16O, with a small percentage of 18O
and an even smaller percentage of 17O.

Perhaps I should explain that originally the two types quoted were
ozone that is harmful and ozone that is protective, depending on its
location, which is well documented and I even gave NASA as a
confirmatory source. Of course they also differ isotopically to some
extent. My critics, who are dedicated polluters on the defensive and
in denial about anthropogenic global warming, refused to recognise
these differences and maintained repeatedly that there is only one
type of ozone, which is obviously incorrect.

Doug.

Old December 24th 11, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

"Paul - xxx" writes:

It took me a few years and many attempts at debate to come to these
conclusions. *He simply does not debate or compromise a point of
view, even when he's proven wrong and been demonstrated wrong many
times!

But there are two different types of ozone!

Does this relate to Doug's recent posting history, or are you dredging
up posts from several years ago in order to score petty points? *Do
different isotopes count as `types'?

--
Mark

Yes, you can have ozone made from 16O, with a small percentage of 18O
and an even smaller percentage of 17O.

Perhaps I should explain that originally the two types quoted were
ozone that is harmful and ozone that is protective, depending on its
location, which is well documented and I even gave NASA as a
confirmatory source.

Yes, I am aware of that.
The same ozone in the upper atmsophere attentuates the harmful UV rays
from solar radiation, whereas at high concentrations in the
troposphere it would be harmful and corrosive.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 24th 11, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 24/12/2011 08:28, Doug wrote:
On Dec 23, 8:04 pm, Simon wrote:
On Dec 23, 5:04 pm, Mark ] wrote:

"Paul - writes:

[...]

Glad you can remember (even if not correctly) back that far, now can we
have 'Vince's Report'
Old December 24th 11, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

"Paul - *writes:

[...]

You know I had forgotten about that, how many years has he had to
compile it?
Old December 24th 11, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Ping Paul in Doncaster

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 08:29:46 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Dec 22, 4:00*pm, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
Could you possibly post the telephone number to vote for Mark
Cavendish tonight? I am at work and we have 45 different phones in
various labs and offices and I want to be able to vote on each
one. :-) If not, I''ll have to ring our lass and she will be watching
Corrie or summat instead.

TIA

Yup, no worries.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"

Cheers, Paul.

I will be running around like a blue arsed fly on full pay voting for
Cav all over the shop:-)

Can't beat it.

Archived

Old December 24th 11, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 24, 2:38*pm, francis wrote:
My critics, who are dedicated polluters on the defensive and
in denial about anthropogenic global warming, refused to recognise
these differences and maintained repeatedly that there is only one
type of ozone, which is obviously incorrect.

And of course since CFCs are now banned, the ozone layer is actually
"healing" itself.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 18th 12, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Williams

"Paul - xxx" writes:

But there are two different types of ozone!

Does this relate to Doug's recent posting history, or are you
dredging up posts from several years ago in order to score petty
points? Do different isotopes count as `types'?

So you can't be bothered to read the thread and yet still feel
compelled to comment on a small part of it.

I didn't read the part of the thread where Doug claimed two `types' of
ozone (how far back would I need to go?)---but, yes, I'm always against
ad hominem and attempted bullying.

I'm not trying to score points at all, someone asked me why I despise
Doug, I responded.

It reads like a watered-down version of JMS on Guy.

--
Mark