Shimano Compatable cassette

Old July 6th 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff

Default Shimano Compatable cassette

Just got a wheel set that has a Dura Ace 7801 rear hub. Am I stuck
using only Dura Ace 7800 10sp cassette's? What other Shimano or SRAM
cassette's will fit this freehub body?
Old July 6th 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 07/05/2010 07:21 PM, Jeff wrote:
Just got a wheel set that has a Dura Ace 7801 rear hub. Am I stuck
using only Dura Ace 7800 10sp cassette's? What other Shimano or SRAM
cassette's will fit this freehub body?

I would imagine that you could use any Shimano or SRAM 8/9/10 speed
cassette, but wait for a more informed answer (or if you have an older
Shimano cassette laying around, you could just try it for size)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old July 6th 10, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
gregm

On 07/05/2010 07:27 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 07/05/2010 07:21 PM, Jeff wrote:
Just got a wheel set that has a Dura Ace 7801 rear hub. Am I stuck
using only Dura Ace 7800 10sp cassette's? What other Shimano or SRAM
cassette's will fit this freehub body?

I would imagine that you could use any Shimano or SRAM 8/9/10 speed
cassette, but wait for a more informed answer (or if you have an older
Shimano cassette laying around, you could just try it for size)

nate

I use either Shimano 105 or Ultegra 10 speed cassettes on my 7801 hub
without problems.
Old July 6th 10, 03:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raamman

On Jul 5, 8:44*pm, gregm wrote:
On 07/05/2010 07:27 PM, Nate Nagel wrote: On 07/05/2010 07:21 PM, Jeff wrote:
Just got a wheel set that has a Dura Ace 7801 rear hub. Am I stuck
using only Dura Ace 7800 10sp cassette's? What other Shimano or SRAM
cassette's will fit this freehub body?

I would imagine that you could use any Shimano or SRAM 8/9/10 speed
cassette, but wait for a more informed answer (or if you have an older
Shimano cassette laying around, you could just try it for size)

nate

I use either Shimano 105 or Ultegra 10 speed cassettes on my 7801 hub
without problems.

that is an AU freehub body; expect it won't last long using harder
cogs with more open tolerence
Old July 8th 10, 08:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pm

On Jul 5, 7:13*pm, raamman wrote:
that is an AU freehub body

No wonder it's so expensive!

-pm
Old July 8th 10, 10:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Default Shimano Compatible cassette

On 7/8/2010 2:21 AM, pm? wrote:
On Jul 5, 7:13 pm, wrote: