which gasket for Silca 40.0 locking pump head

Old November 23rd 10, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gary Young

Default which gasket for Silca 40.0 locking pump head

Can anyone supply me with a part number for a replacement rubber gasket
for the 40.0 locking pump head? The Silca site says that it's part #
323.1, but that doesn't seem right since that's a gasket for a reversable
pump and the 40.0 head is presta only.
Old November 23rd 10, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Gary Young wrote:
Can anyone supply me with a part number for a replacement rubber gasket
for the 40.0 locking pump head? The Silca site says that it's part #
323.1, but that doesn't seem right since that's a gasket for a reversable
pump and the 40.0 head is presta only.

It is, also fits Campagnolo 1030 heads.
The old 323 presta only seal was (theoretically) reversible
when worn. The current 323.1 has a PV end and an SV end.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old November 23rd 10, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bfd[_2_]

On Nov 22, 6:04*pm, Gary Young wrote:
Can anyone supply me with a part number for a replacement rubber gasket
for the 40.0 locking pump head? The Silca site says that it's part #
323.1, but that doesn't seem right since that's a gasket for a reversable
pump and the 40.0 head is presta only.

Andy Muzi is correct, here''s the correct part:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...em_id=SI-323.1

Btw, how do you like the 40.0 pump head? I was looking at it, but
heard it wasn't that good. Interestingly, Silca has supposedly
"upgraded" the locking mechanism on newer and also sells it now in
both aluminum and brass. Good Luck!
Old November 23rd 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

bfd wrote:
On Nov 22, 6:04 pm, Gary Young wrote:
Can anyone supply me with a part number for a replacement rubber gasket
for the 40.0 locking pump head? The Silca site says that it's part #
323.1, but that doesn't seem right since that's a gasket for a reversable
pump and the 40.0 head is presta only.

Andy Muzi is correct, here''s the correct part:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...em_id=SI-323.1

Btw, how do you like the 40.0 pump head? I was looking at it, but
heard it wasn't that good. Interestingly, Silca has supposedly
"upgraded" the locking mechanism on newer and also sells it now in
both aluminum and brass. Good Luck!

Federal law; brass alloys are highly regulated due to a
minuscule lead content. New will be aluminum from here on.

Old November 23rd 10, 05:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bfd[_2_]

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...=single&c=Tool...

Btw, how do you like the 40.0 pump head? I was looking at it, but
heard it wasn't that good. Interestingly, Silca has supposedly
"upgraded" the locking mechanism on newer and also sells it now in
both aluminum and brass. Good Luck!

Federal law; brass alloys are highly regulated due to a
minuscule lead content. New will be aluminum from here on.

--

Thanks. Brass supposedly causes cancer and other things like brass
hose nozzles are also being phased out.

But how well does the Silca 40.0 pump head work? Does it work any near
as well as the fancier and pricer Hirame pump head:

http://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?...r=9&site=qbike

Good Luck!

Old November 23rd 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gary Young

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 20:48:45 -0800, bfd wrote:

On Nov 22, 6:04Â*pm, Gary Young wrote:
Can anyone supply me with a part number for a replacement rubber gasket
for the 40.0 locking pump head? The Silca site says that it's part #
323.1, but that doesn't seem right since that's a gasket for a
reversable pump and the 40.0 head is presta only.

Andy Muzi is correct, here''s the correct part:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi?

id=617476720717&d=single&c=Tools&sc=Tire-and-Tube&tc=Pump-
Parts&item_id=SI-323.1

Btw, how do you like the 40.0 pump head? I was looking at it, but heard
it wasn't that good. Interestingly, Silca has supposedly "upgraded" the
locking mechanism on newer and also sells it now in both aluminum and
brass. Good Luck!

I like it OK. My push-on Silca head would sometimes leak if the tubing
flopped it over to one side. I'd be curious to see how Silca improved the
locking mechanism -- I have one of the old ones, and the locking lever
has 180 degrees of motion, when all you really need (or want) is 90
degrees. They should also add a pressure-release valve to make it easier
to remove from the stem. I still sometimes lust after a hirame pump head,
but for the price, the silca 40.0 is an acceptable substitute.
Old November 23rd 10, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

bfd wrote:
On Nov 22, 8:53 pm, AMuzi wrote:
bfd wrote:
[...]

Sheesh.
And we get bitching over 95 cents for a valve adapter.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Silca 2-Step Mini-pump ? RS Techniques 19 July 19th 08 03:05 PM
FA: Silca Pista Pump, New! Dan H[_38_] Marketplace 0 August 26th 07 05:58 AM
Help - Floor pump leather gasket finally gave out kwalters Techniques 6 June 22nd 06 04:52 AM
Silca pump problem Derek Techniques 6 August 17th 05 03:42 PM
WTB: Silca frame pump vintage John A. \(change to reply\) Marketplace 0 December 30th 04 03:41 AM