Liggett's golden boy is booted from Tour.

Old June 25th 04, 11:37 PM
Callistus Valerius

Default Liggett's golden boy is booted from Tour.

A few weeks of Liggett lamenting that his boy Millar was booted from the
Tour. No thanks, maybe I should skip OLN coverge this year.

Old June 26th 04, 04:51 AM
Tom Kunich

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
k.net...
A few weeks of Liggett lamenting that his boy Millar was booted from the
Tour. No thanks, maybe I should skip OLN coverge this year.

"Liggett's Golden Boy"??? David Millar was the top English pro. He carried
the hope of an entire nation on his shoulders and he's let down the side.
Time for him to sneek back to Indonesia or where ever it was he came from.

Old June 26th 04, 03:03 PM
Richard Adams

Tom Kunich wrote:

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
k.net...

A few weeks of Liggett lamenting that his boy Millar was booted from the
Tour. No thanks, maybe I should skip OLN coverge this year.

"Liggett's Golden Boy"??? David Millar was the top English pro. He carried
the hope of an entire nation on his shoulders and he's let down the side.
Time for him to sneek back to Indonesia or where ever it was he came from.

Born in Hong Kong, raised where ever. Claims to be a "Citizen of the
World", denying his ties to the UK, except when it conveniently provides

A) a carbon bike
B) a team to ride worlds for

He's been a jet-setting opportunist for a while now. A shame not to
have someplace, aside from France, for him to call Home.

Old June 26th 04, 03:17 PM
Davey Crockett

Richard Adams writes:

Tom Kunich wrote:

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
k.net...

A few weeks of Liggett lamenting that his boy Millar was booted from the
Tour. No thanks, maybe I should skip OLN coverge this year.

"Liggett's Golden Boy"??? David Millar was the top English pro. He
carried
the hope of an entire nation on his shoulders and he's let down the side.
Time for him to sneek back to Indonesia or where ever it was he came from.

Born in Hong Kong, raised where ever. Claims to be a "Citizen of the
World", denying his ties to the UK, except when it conveniently
provides

A) a carbon bike
B) a team to ride worlds for

He's been a jet-setting opportunist for a while now. A shame not to
have someplace, aside from France, for him to call Home.

My, my.

And How are the Mighty Fallen.................

[Davey sorts through his CD's - Put's on the ``Lament for MacDonald at Flodden'']

--
le Vent a Dos. Davey Crockett
http://petition.eurolinux.org ; http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
Old June 26th 04, 06:53 PM
Callistus Valerius

He's been a jet-setting opportunist for a while now. A shame not to
have someplace, aside from France, for him to call Home.

My, my.

And How are the Mighty Fallen.................

I totally agree with that. I could never could tell if Liggett
personally liked Millar, or that he thought he was from the UK. It seemed
like Liggett would get realyfrustrated with his childish antics, and
inconsistency. But I think he did buy Millar's "citizen of the world" gig
as a way to make the Americans look oafish, with their limited language and
cultural skills. I remember when Lance was winning his first Tour, Liggett
saying that Armstrong didn't know any of the history of the sport.

Old June 26th 04, 08:47 PM
Dave H

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
nk.net...

He's been a jet-setting opportunist for a while now. A shame not to
have someplace, aside from France, for him to call Home.

My, my.

And How are the Mighty Fallen.................

I totally agree with that. I could never could tell if Liggett
personally liked Millar, or that he thought he was from the UK. It seemed
like Liggett would get realyfrustrated with his childish antics, and
inconsistency. But I think he did buy Millar's "citizen of the world" gig
as a way to make the Americans look oafish, with their limited language

and
cultural skills. I remember when Lance was winning his first Tour,

Liggett
saying that Armstrong didn't know any of the history of the sport.

Liggett, English, Millar, English, ain't no different from the Lance Tifosi
that posts here. Also I think Phil was right, I don't think Lance got into
the history of the tour until after his first win.
Dave

Old June 26th 04, 09:52 PM
B. Lafferty

"Dave H" wrote in message

[...]

He's still ignorant. Recall, he claimed he was the youngest stage winner in
Tour history---incorrectly of course.

Old June 26th 04, 11:07 PM
Tom Kunich

"Dave H" wrote in message

Liggett, English, Millar, English, ain't no different from the Lance

Tifosi
that posts here. Also I think Phil was right, I don't think Lance got into
the history of the tour until after his first win.

And if there's anything that will rack up those wins it's knowing the
history of the Tour.

Old June 27th 04, 05:34 AM
Richard Adams

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Dave H" wrote in message

Liggett, English, Millar, English, ain't no different from the Lance

Tifosi

that posts here. Also I think Phil was right, I don't think Lance got into
the history of the tour until after his first win.

And if there's anything that will rack up those wins it's knowing the
history of the Tour.

Curious bit: In the back of the ProCycling (July 2004) Tour supplement,
they pick the brains of some french riders on Tour history. Not
terribly impressive results.

Old June 28th 04, 01:27 AM
Bluenose

Millar was born in Malta and raised in Scotland, England and Hong Kong.
He now lives in Biarritz, France.

So technically he isn't English but does hold a British passport.