DNA Athletic Test for Kiddies

Old December 1st 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default DNA Athletic Test for Kiddies

You're going to be a god damn sprinter or no dessert!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/30/sp...o_interstitial

Old December 1st 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
Anton Berlin wrote:

You're going to be a god damn sprinter or no dessert!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/30/sp...o_interstitial

A) it sounds like it's barely better than snake oil as a determiner
(note the vast number of athletes who are competing with supposedly
unfavorable genes)

2) get back to me when they're using retroviral therapy to cheat it into
the cells, or better (?) yet using it for prenatal screening.

"We'll keep trying until we have a genetic freak, honey."

Old December 2nd 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Funny thing, we spent several hundred thousand years mating for
quality and because of innovations like surgery, pharmaceuticals and
eyeglasses people with defective knees, bad hearts and poor eyesight
are able to mate and pass on their genes.

A friend of mine with congenital knee defect and practical blindness
is able to admit that 200 years ago he wouldn't have been able to hunt
or see and there fore probably wouldn't have been able to make a
living, secure a mate and have offspring.

I think the oveall gene poop is being diluted while the law of large
numbers produces the better of athletes of today (removing both the
dope and technology (all types) advances)
Old December 2nd 08, 08:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

http://sherdog.net/forums/f7/i-got-m...61/index1.html
Old December 4th 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Dec 2, 2:55*am, Kyle Legate wrote:
Anton Berlin wrote:
Funny thing, we spent several hundred thousand years mating for
quality and because of innovations like surgery, pharmaceuticals and
eyeglasses people with defective knees, bad hearts and poor eyesight
are able to mate and pass on their genes.

http://sherdog.net/forums/f7/i-got-m...-pics-877461/i...

Amazing.