Who Has Gone the Distance?

Old December 2nd 08, 07:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default Who Has Gone the Distance?

In article ],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Dear Howard,*

Kids these days don't get their musical taste from the radio. They don't
listen to the radio. Your concerns about Clear Channel's radio playlists
sound as quaint as a member of the Greatest Generation worrying about
the moral effects of Elvis' hips.

I know. That's the point: their playlists are pretty much designed to cater to the
people who grew up in the late '70s and early '80s. The station the guys at work tend
to listen to is guaranteed to play one song from each of the following bands per hour:

Aerosmith
Zep
AC/DC
Halen
Sabbath/Ozzy
ZZ Top (always post- Eliminator)
Pink Floyd
Hendrix

Every couple of hours will see them play "Don't Fear the Reaper" or "Godzilla" by
BOC, one of Frampton's two hits, and Heart's "Barracuda."

*I'm trying to mix it up a bit.

You're Fogelizing. Be careful.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old December 2nd 08, 08:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Dec 1, 10:59*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
*Howard Kveck wrote:

In article ],
*Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Dumbass: of course I know that's Sheedy! I saw the Breakfast Club about
eight times in my youth, at least once or twice involuntarily as some
sort of misbegotten class work.

My question was of the "Mary Ann or Ginger?" genre.

Leaning Sheedy, but Ringwald was a redhead...

* *Yes, I realized that after I posted. Oops.

And?

--
Ryan Cousineau /

Sheedy.
Old December 2nd 08, 09:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

*Howard Kveck wrote:

*Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Dumbass: of course I know that's Sheedy! I saw the Breakfast Club about
eight times in my youth, at least once or twice involuntarily as some
sort of misbegotten class work.

My question was of the "Mary Ann or Ginger?" genre.

Leaning Sheedy, but Ringwald was a redhead...

* *Yes, I realized that after I posted. Oops.

And?

Sheedy.

1985: Ringwald
1998: Sheedy

This one's for Bruce:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139362/

Ben
Old December 2nd 08, 09:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert[_11_]

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message

That's how life works, Carl. It's like all those people who go to church
and
prayer to a Sky Daddy are gonna be real disappointed when they die and
find
nothing.

You're really down on Sky Daddy. I suggest your start in the east first and
work your way west. You don't understand the power of the mind in relation
to the transcendent reality. This is something monks and martial artists
have experienced for thousands of years. For you, certainly there will be
nothing when you die because all you have is intellect without experience.
You are bad off. Let me suggest something real simple first. Try taking Tai
Chi for a year, at least that will enlighten you some about forms of energy
which cannot be seen. Then I suggest going east, two years at the Ashram to
experience Brachma. After that, a year in Tibet to practice ohm, and that
should give you a new perspective about Sky Daddy. The reason a person's
life ends with a physical death, is because spiritually they have nothing
and they know nothing that really matters when the time comes to make the
transition. All that you will experience will be a physical death, and in
that regard, maybe it would be better if you were never born. What a waste.

Old December 2nd 08, 09:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

MagillaGorilla wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:31:31 -0500, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

Most people who go to a doctor and claim asthma
are fat, sedentary people who
can't figure out why they are out of breath when
they walk up a flight of
stairs.

Where I live, kids die from asthma. Pollution plays a big part in
that.

You won't find any death certificate from the coroner's office in New
York City that says a single child died of asthma.

That's because asthma is not a term a coroner would use, because it's
not descriptive of what exactly killed them. They would use
asphyxiation, or acute hypoxia.
Old December 2nd 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

MagillaGorilla wrote:

There's no such thing as asthma unless you are a ditch digger and a dirt
trench caves in on you...or unless you are a scuba diver and a great
white shark rips the regulator out of your mouth. In both of those
cases, you have a serious ****ing breathing problem.

Speaking of sharks, you're jumping one a second time for the same reason
that you jumped it the first time.
Old December 2nd 08, 11:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Howard Kveck schreef:
there really haven't been any bands come along that will fill
stadiums like some of those older bands.

Dance acts, the big DJs fill stadiums. Well at least in Europe they do.
Old December 2nd 08, 11:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

Most people who go to a doctor and claim asthma
are fat, sedentary people who
can't figure out why they are out of breath when
they walk up a flight of
stairs.
Where I live, kids die from asthma. Pollution plays a big part in
that.

You won't find any death certificate from the coroner's office in New
York City that says a single child died of asthma.

That's because asthma is not a term a coroner would use, because it's
not descriptive of what exactly killed them. They would use
asphyxiation, or acute hypoxia.

Yeah, but our state health department collects the info
http://www.health.state.ny.us/statis.../mort/ast0.htm
http://www.health.state.ny.us/statis...hma/read.htm#2
Old December 2nd 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Carl Sundquist wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:

Magilla Ahmadinejad,

The holocaust was real. Just because you claim differently doesn't
change reality.

For the record, I believe in the Holocaust. Whereas believing in asthma
is like believing in a master Aryan race just because someone told you
it exists.

Magilla Ahmadinejad,

You wrote in the Nature Valley Girl thread:

"No women RACERS are sticking up for me because they don't read or post
here.
BTW, let me let you in on a little secret, LogicMan: no woman cyclist is
sticking up for you either.
Think before you post."

Who's sticking up for your claim that asthma doesn't exist?

Think before you post.

Nobody is sticking up for my claim that asthma doesn't exist because 99% of
cyclists have a doping mentality (even those who don't dope want to dope and
end up getting a TUE, which is really just a loophole for legalized doping).

I am like Frank Serpico and all you people are the corrupt NYPD. That's what
I'm up against in here. I am a modern-day superhero of Usenet.

And I just rescued a bus of gay kids from getting hit by a train in the Bruce
Prop 8 thread.

Magilla
Crimefighter

Old December 2nd 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

wrote:

Most people who go to a doctor and claim asthma
are fat, sedentary people who
can't figure out why they are out of breath when
they walk up a flight of
stairs.
Where I live, kids die from asthma. Pollution plays a big part in
that.

You won't find any death certificate from the coroner's office in New
York City that says a single child died of asthma.

That's because asthma is not a term a coroner would use, because it's
not descriptive of what exactly killed them. They would use
asphyxiation, or acute hypoxia.

Yeah, but our state health department collects the info
http://www.health.state.ny.us/statis.../mort/ast0.htm
http://www.health.state.ny.us/statis...hma/read.htm#2

I can't work with this.

First of all, I need to know the ages of the people who died from asthma.
Because my gut feeling is we're talking predominantly about people over 60
who had emphysema, lung cancer, COPD.

Second, if you notice, New York City has a disproportionately higher death
rate than any other location. If asthma were in fact a medical condition
related to genetics, you wouldn't find a higher death rate based upon
geography. That tells me it's related to environment, which has nothing to
do with a medical condition.

And then how come in Nassau and Suffolk counties the death rate all of
sudden is reduced? Why is that?

Let me tell you what's going on here. There's a lot of elderly people
buried in these statistics. These are not 25 year old men keeling over
because of asthma. These are 72 year old people with oxygen tanks in their
house who are 200 pounds overweight. These are the people you see in those
****ing scooters at Walmart loading up on the cookies and potato chips. I
bet you over 80% of them are smokers are subject themselves to second hand
smoke.

That's all this is - environmental and lifestyle problems.

And a lot of poor kids with related medical conditions are in these
stats...they live in a polluted home environment. And then I'm guessing
maybe 50% are misdiagnosed.

Once you clean up and polish these stats, it will basically support what I
am saying., You won't find any elite athletes dying of asthma. What
you'll find is a 78 year old lady with a nasal canula who had 1 lung
removed from cancer. And if you find any children who died from asthma,
what you'll have is a 14 year old who weighs 269 pounds and was a premature
baby born to a fetal alcohol syndrome mother or a mother who smoked crack
and his lungs were defective.

Asthma is a lifestyle disease. If you took away Allessandro's inhaler, he
wouldn't die. He would just get third place in Milan San Remo.

Magilla

GPS distance [email protected] Racing 11 October 5th 08 10:10 PM
distance gagtape Unicycling 4 June 13th 07 08:12 PM
Tyres for distance Buck Recumbent Biking 25 March 3rd 07 12:20 AM
the distance Andre Racing 5 May 30th 05 11:53 AM
Why do you distance unicycle? gerblefranklin Unicycling 48 January 19th 05 09:34 PM