Who Has Gone the Distance?

Old December 3rd 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark & Steven Bornfeld

Default Who Has Gone the Distance?

Carl Sundquist wrote:
Kyle Legate wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Asthma is a lifestyle disease. If you took away Allessandro's
inhaler, he
wouldn't die. He would just get third place in Milan San Remo.

First you bluster a lot of hot air about how asthma doesn't exist, and
now in one sentence you tacitly admit that it does exist, but is a
lifestyle disease.

Shark: 2, Gorilla: 0

I think I understand where MG is going with all this: it seems like he
views disease as something that is caused genetically and leads to death
if untreated (or perhaps even if it is treated).

Why anyone would waste time talking to the Ape about this subject is a
mystery to me.
Plenty of people think the whole medical profession is a big scam.
They are welcome to that delusion (so long as they have their kids
immunized before they send them to school) ;-)

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old December 3rd 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Carl Sundquist wrote:
Kyle Legate wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Asthma is a lifestyle disease. If you took away Allessandro's
inhaler, he
wouldn't die. He would just get third place in Milan San Remo.

First you bluster a lot of hot air about how asthma doesn't exist, and
now in one sentence you tacitly admit that it does exist, but is a
lifestyle disease.

Shark: 2, Gorilla: 0

I think I understand where MG is going with all this: it seems like he
views disease as something that is caused genetically and leads to death
if untreated (or perhaps even if it is treated).

So tuberculosis doesn't exist either?
Old December 3rd 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:

Carl Sundquist wrote:
Kyle Legate wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

[...]

Calm down Dental Twins. I didn't say the whole profession, just most of it. And
not dentists.

So let me ask you this oral surgeon - do 4 out 5 dentists actually believe 50% of
the world's best aerobic athletes have clinical asthma? You actually believe
that incidence? And in a sport known for its doping cheats... a sport known for
recommending asthma inhalers to enhance performance, you believe that most cases
are legitimate?

You can't be that goddamn ****ing stupid naive.

http://www.cptips.com/respasm.htm

The US Olympic Committee reached similar conclusions after the 1996
summer games in Atlanta. Responding to a questionnaire, 117 out of 700
athletes (or more than 16%) reported suffering from asthma. The worst
affected were the cyclists, where the proportion rose to 50%!

Thanks,

Magilla

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2008/05...hi-doping.html
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/01/19/sports/bike.php

Old December 3rd 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

On Dec 3, 1:56*pm, Donald Munro wrote:
ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
I know. *You can vent your frustrations atwww.ratemyprofessor.com. Look
me up as Professor Dirtbag, RBR Community College.

So who's the dean of rbr ? And how do I make an appointment ?

Check the placard on your desk. I'm pretty sure it's you.

As for making an appointment with yourself, that sounds onanistic, so
it should come naturally. So to speak.

-rj

P.S. The kids with a real sense of entitlement don't make
appointments. They just show up and expect to be accommodated.
Old December 3rd 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark & Steven Bornfeld

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Calm down Dental Twins. I didn't say the whole profession, just most of
it. And not dentists.

Well, thank you!

So let me ask you this oral surgeon - do 4 out 5 dentists actually
believe 50% of the world's best aerobic athletes have clinical asthma?
You actually believe that incidence? And in a sport known for its
doping cheats... a sport known for recommending asthma inhalers to
enhance performance, you believe that most cases are legitimate?

You can't be that goddamn ****ing stupid naive.

Being as charitable as I can, it is possible that training aerobically
under suboptimal atmospheric conditions might well increase the
incidence of a variety of respiratory conditions. But no, I would find
it hard to believe that 50% of a population not living within 100 yards
of a coal-fired power plant would develop asthma. I think it's
altogether likely that esp. as some asthma meds are sympathomimetics
that many see this as a way to cheat. I also don't doubt that certain
physicians are aiding and abetting.
This is not the same as denying asthma exists, and goading Carl or
other asthmatics doesn't help your argument.

Steve

Old December 4th 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Ted van de Weteringe wrote:

Howard Kveck wrote:
Ted van de Weteringe wrote:
Howard Kveck schreef:
there really haven't been any bands come along that will fill
stadiums like some of those older bands.
Dance acts, the big DJs fill stadiums. Well at least in Europe they do.

That just isn't the same as a band. It's a different feel all the way
around.

Sure. Was that a requirement, perhaps because you included "like" etc.?

Well, when I wrote, "any bands come along that will fill stadiums like some of
those older bands," I was trying to convey that it was about bands. Interestingly, DJ
stuff doesn't even fill big clubs over here, at least not very often.

You know who fills stadiums worldwide in an old fashioned way?
http://www.andrerieu.com/site/index.php?id=29&L=0

Nice. I think that's pretty cool that he can do that.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old December 4th 08, 11:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Howard Kveck schreef:
Well, when I wrote, "any bands come along that will fill stadiums like some of
those older bands," I was trying to convey that it was about bands.

How eccentric of you to say one thing and mean it too.
Old December 4th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Dec 2, 8:17*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Nobody is sticking up for my claim that asthma doesn't exist because 99% of
cyclists have a doping mentality (even those who don't dope want to dope and
end up getting a TUE, which is really just a loophole for legalized doping).

I am like Frank Serpico and all you people are the corrupt NYPD. *That's what
I'm up against in here. *I am a modern-day superhero of Usenet.

snipped

Magilla
Crimefighter- Hide quoted text -

Your short, smell bad, and look like you just crawled out of the
gutter after a 3 day bender?
This should be fun though:

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlin...nclick_check=1

Vikings Pat and Kevin Williams will sue NFL over four-game suspension
By Sean Jensen

Updated: 12/03/2008 05:23:42 PM CST
Quoted:

Ginsberg made clear that he is taking aim at NFL officials, who
withheld "important knowledge that not only compromised the players in
terms of the program but also jeopardized their health and safety."

"It's the league, and not the players, that ought to be sanctioned for
this kind of behavior," said Ginsberg, who declined to say where or
what he specifically planned to file.

If they win this in a federal court, and I don't think they've got a
chance then it would get really interesting for USADA and their
clowns.
Bill C
Old December 4th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

[...]

The medical "test" for asthma is nothing more than the patient saying he or she
has it. It's a self-serving diagnosis. Anybody in here can get a diagnosis of
asthma by tomorrow morning if they wanted.

The medical profession and patients alike then use the prevalence of asthma to
further claim it's a widespread "disease" thus increasing its incidence and
popularity. How come kids didn't have ADHD until it became reported in the
media? Now everyone claims they have it.

Everytime I go running or cycling I get winded at some point if I push myself
hard enough. Depending upon who you are, you either realize that is a normal
consequence of aerobic activity or you look for a medical explanation as to why
you can't ride as fast as Lance. Most cyclists can't deal with that so they go
to the doctor and get a script.

That's how it works. That's how Darra Torres did it too. Notice how she never
had asthma in her entire life until she began to train for the Olympics at 40
years of age. That's when she got a TUE for asthma. My, what a coincidence.
Her "asthma" only seems to affect her when she's trying to set world records.
Sounds like a very debilitating "medical condition."

"Hey, doctor....I ran a 3:54 mile last week and in the last 400 meters I got a
serious lung burn. I think I have asthma."

Doctor: "Okay, I'll give you something for that - here you go."

That's how the diagnosis of asthma works for elite athletes. It's medical fraud.

Magilla

Old December 4th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Dec 3, 1:59*pm, Mark & Steven Bornfeld
wrote:

... (so long as they have their kids
immunized before they send them to school) ;-)

THere is no immunization/innoculation in the world that will protect
the mind of a child for what will happen to them at publik skools.
Resistance is futile. The children will be assimilated. Every child
is viewed as a potential kommie rekruit. The teachers themselves have
been rekruited. They don't know their master. They go with their
programming. They believe what they teach.

"Good lies have sprinklings of truth."--BF,1759

GPS distance [email protected] Racing 11 October 5th 08 10:10 PM
distance gagtape Unicycling 4 June 13th 07 08:12 PM
Tyres for distance Buck Recumbent Biking 25 March 3rd 07 12:20 AM
the distance Andre Racing 5 May 30th 05 11:53 AM
Why do you distance unicycle? gerblefranklin Unicycling 48 January 19th 05 09:34 PM