Everybody is Out

Old March 24th 20, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default Everybody is Out

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 12:49:29 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 9:34:41 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/24/2020 10:06 AM, Ted Heise wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 16:21:55 -0500,
AMuzi wrote:
On 3/23/2020 3:47 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 15:22:15 -0500, AMuzi wrote:
Oh, yes. Chemicals! Like COOH and H2O and the dread O2,
right? Killers all

COOH as in a carboxyl ion? Methinks you might mean CO2 as in
carbon dioxide, the dreaded gas that produces global warming
and soda water bubbles. Also, CO2 and O2 are both gases, not
chemicals. I guess you could call H20 (dihydrogen monoxide) a
chemical, but it seem a little odd:
https://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Thank you; I was wrong.

Ethanol : CH3CH2OH

Knew what you meant, assumed all the Hs were inferred and missed
that it would have been MeOH in that form.

I'm the last person to defend hyperbolic concern about *chemicals*
but in this case I think there was an implicit "industrial" or
"concentrated" or somesuch qualifier that made it pretty
reasonable. I'm sure you knew that.

I was led astray by Gene Daniels, who often used that
abbreviation in error. How dangerous is a lack of basic
chemistry?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html

They were also taking radiator coolant for their fevers. I'll line up with TK -- although six feet away and in disguise -- to agree that this is not Trump's fault. Hyping the drug, however, has led to hording by medical professionals, which is a whole other problem.

-- Jay Beattie.

This is a very cheap and easily available drug. The US produces most of it because it is a generic drug for malaria and no one wants to make something that cheap.
Old March 24th 20, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

AMuzi wrote:
[...]

Apparently this has been in the physician rumor mill, with
thousands of family/friends prescriptions, for six weeks now.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 25th 20, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike A Schwab

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 5:00:11 PM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:

This is a very cheap and easily available drug. The US produces most of it because it is a generic drug for malaria and no one wants to make something that cheap.

Loss of sense of smell and taste seems to occur first before other symptoms and sometimes will occur even if you never have other symptoms. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/h...ell-taste.html

Avoid taking ibuprofen for Covid19. It has been causing complications when taken while injured. Tylenol seems to be OK. https://www.yahoo.com/news/avoid-tak...202007508.html

When U.S. declared war on Germany in 1917, it seized the U.S. Aspirin patent from Bayer, a german company, making it very cheap. When the flu hit, M.D.s gave them enough to keep the fever down. Unfortunately, the dosage amounts and effects were not studied until the 1960s. Looks like Aspirin overdoses were the cause of high death rates from flu from 1918 to 1970, and Reye's Syndrome from kids with a fever taking aspirin. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1002132346.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CF_W0XX_Kw Chloroquine takes existing zinc in your body and moves it into your cells, where it interferes with virus replication. Taking it before or after infection will not help. It does have side effects. China and South Korea have been administering it, with a mild reduction in symptoms.
Old March 25th 20, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 17:32:04 -0700 (PDT), Mike A Schwab
wrote:

[...]

The U.S. Air Force issued Chloroquine/Primaquine tablets to troops
stationed in Vietnam. It was intended, we were told, to prevent
malaria. One tablet weekly.
My experience was that they caused an upset stomach and diarrhea, for
most users, for about 5 days after taking the weekly pill.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 25th 20, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/24/2020 7:32 PM, Mike A Schwab wrote:
[...]

Are you an MD or well informed? I'm not, so I ask. I wonder
why several doctors report dramatic resolution with
Cloroquine along with Azithromycin (in small studies) since
it's a virus not a bacterium?

I read Colyer & Hinthorn at a site with a paywall. Here's a
copy:
https://www.investorvillage.com/smbd...g&mid=20457441

They are not the only MDs on this path:
https://forward.com/news/national/44...-trump-doctor/

(Note to reader: There are over a million MDs in USA so like
Federal judges you can find one with every imaginable
opinion or analysis on any issue on any day.)

Old March 25th 20, 01:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 20:15:01 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

[...]

One of the larger hospitals here announced that they had cured a
patient using flu medicine and HIV medicine which helped an infected
patient recover.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/rajavit...onavirus-case/
As it happens I go to a Cardiologist at the same hospital and asked
him about the "cure" and he told me that yes, they had cured a
patient.

I note that the article is a bit more specific and do not claim a
cure, rather that the symptoms disappeared in 48 hours :-)
and, that the Thai's were apparently using a treatment similar to a
treatment that the Chinese were using.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 25th 20, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/24/2020 8:56 PM, John B. wrote:
[...]

Yes, that (an HIV antiviral) was widely reported in early
February but dropped out of the news here for some reason.

Old March 25th 20, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 6:15:07 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

There is a brief explanation of the mechanism on the Wiki site. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ch/kXhikTvywTA Fascinating if you're into viral genetics and cellular metabolism. I've read the website and am now an expert. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vMO3XmNXe4

-- Jay Beattie.
Old March 25th 20, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 21:04:29 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

[...]

I'm not due to see the Cardiologist until May but I will ask him :-)
By the way see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona..._2019#Research
Apparently Chloroquine has some anti-viral properties.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 25th 20, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

John B. wrote:

One of the larger hospitals here announced that they had cured a
patient using flu medicine and HIV medicine which helped an infected
patient recover.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/rajavit...onavirus-case/
As it happens I go to a Cardiologist at the same hospital and asked
him about the "cure" and he told me that yes, they had cured a
patient.

I note that the article is a bit more specific and do not claim a
cure, rather that the symptoms disappeared in 48 hours :-)
and, that the Thai's were apparently using a treatment similar to a
treatment that the Chinese were using.

BTW: Your King and His bicycling entourage are staying at Omar Zawawi's
Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl, Garmisch. That's a just a short ride from "viral"
Tyrol. Seems a strange place to select for exile -- unless Rama X. Longhorn
brought His own masks, toilet paper and chloroxqueen, or is indeed
invulnerable and intending to buy up more prime real estate in the crash.