Obvious jokes

Old July 21st 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan

Default Obvious jokes

Okay, I haven't seen these here yet (I haven't made a thorough search),
so
it seems I have to be the one to post them.

1. Pro Cycling magazine had a cover featuring "The Basso Code". The
answer
should come out in the next issue, "Brillo".

2. Vinokourov's new team is now completely Wurthless.

-ilan

Old July 21st 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Marty

ilan wrote:
Okay, I haven't seen these here yet (I haven't made a thorough search),
so
it seems I have to be the one to post them.

1. Pro Cycling magazine had a cover featuring "The Basso Code". The
answer
should come out in the next issue, "Brillo".

2. Vinokourov's new team is now completely Wurthless.

I get the 2nd joke completely.

I also have seen the messages regarding Operacion Puerto and that
Brillo is code for Basso. Are there any sources that can explain this
connection in more detail? I just want to be able to tell the joke and
really "get it" myself.
--
Marty

Old July 22nd 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Marty wrote:
ilan wrote:
Okay, I haven't seen these here yet (I haven't made a thorough search),
so
it seems I have to be the one to post them.

1. Pro Cycling magazine had a cover featuring "The Basso Code". The
answer
should come out in the next issue, "Brillo".

2. Vinokourov's new team is now completely Wurthless.

I get the 2nd joke completely.

I also have seen the messages regarding Operacion Puerto and that
Brillo is code for Basso. Are there any sources that can explain this
connection in more detail? I just want to be able to tell the joke and
really "get it" myself.
--
Marty

Think "tugboat". It's Basso's dog.

Old July 22nd 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

"Scott" wrote in message
ups.com...

Marty wrote:
ilan wrote:
Okay, I haven't seen these here yet (I haven't made a thorough search),
so
it seems I have to be the one to post them.

1. Pro Cycling magazine had a cover featuring "The Basso Code". The
answer
should come out in the next issue, "Brillo".

2. Vinokourov's new team is now completely Wurthless.

I get the 2nd joke completely.

I also have seen the messages regarding Operacion Puerto and that
Brillo is code for Basso. Are there any sources that can explain this
connection in more detail? I just want to be able to tell the joke and
really "get it" myself.

But it is reported that Ivan Basso's two year old daughter is givibg their
do a different name. I won't be surprised if the prosecutor will submit her
to a gruelling cross-examination. After all, in the war on the use of
performance enhancing products fundamental rights don't count anymore and is
everything allowed.

Benjo

Old July 22nd 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

benjo maso wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message
ups.com...

Marty wrote:
ilan wrote:
[...]

When I read that report about his lawyer saying that his daughter calls
the dog by a different name, the first thing I thought was, they got a
new dog.

Old July 22nd 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan

Yes, since both Basso and Ullrich reacted to their suspensions by
stating
that they would now prove their innocence, it seems clear that the
current
situation is that riders are guilty until proven innocent.

-ilan

benjo maso wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 22nd 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On 21 Jul 2006 19:54:20 -0700, "ilan" wrote:

Yes, since both Basso and Ullrich reacted to their suspensions by
stating
that they would now prove their innocence, it seems clear that the
current
situation is that riders are guilty until proven innocent.

They'll never rest until they find the real dopers.

Ron

benjo maso wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 22nd 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Marty

"Scott" wrote in message
ups.com...

Marty wrote:
ilan wrote:
Okay, I haven't seen these here yet (I haven't made a thorough search),
so
it seems I have to be the one to post them.

1. Pro Cycling magazine had a cover featuring "The Basso Code". The
answer
should come out in the next issue, "Brillo".

2. Vinokourov's new team is now completely Wurthless.

I get the 2nd joke completely.

I also have seen the messages regarding Operacion Puerto and that
Brillo is code for Basso. Are there any sources that can explain this
connection in more detail? I just want to be able to tell the joke and
really "get it" myself.
--
Marty

Think "tugboat". It's Basso's dog.

So Lance's dog is "Cowboy"?
--
Marty

Old July 22nd 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

RonSonic wrote in
:

They'll never rest until they find the real dopers.

Look for a one-armed man. But it could be more like poor Jason McCord,
doomed to wander the country with a broken sword, forever accused, never
being able to clear your name. What *do* you do if you're branded, and
you know you're a man?

--
Bill Asher
Old July 22nd 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

William Asher wrote:
RonSonic wrote in
:

They'll never rest until they find the real dopers.

Look for a one-armed man. But it could be more like poor Jason McCord,
doomed to wander the country with a broken sword, forever accused, never
being able to clear your name. What *do* you do if you're branded, and
you know you're a man?

First thing I'd do is replace the broken sword with a big-ass rifle.