Carrying

Old January 25th 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chancock

Default Carrying

Hey all.
When you guys go unicycling like into town or something how do you
carry your unicycle when you go into a shop? I always ride mine
everywhere and I just can't find a nice way to carry it.
Thanks alot

--
Chancock
Chancock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14147

Old January 25th 07, 07:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

hand between the top of the tyre and frame. hold the frame there

hold where the asterisk is and have seat under armpit.
_

--*-
| |

EDIT: aski art doesnt work on these forums. damn

--
gabetheunicycleman

unicycleman does not stand..... he sits on the air --unicycleman-

5 months of riding and i can do a 360 unispin.woot.
gabetheunicycleman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13054

Old January 25th 07, 09:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

use the code tags, like this:

Code:
--------------------

\_/

---
|*|
|^|

--------------------

hand goes at the asterisk, tire is the carat (^)... and yeah, this is
how I carry the uni too.

--
onelesscar

"my bounty is as boundless as the sea
my love as deep
the more i give to thee the more i have
for both are endless"
onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127

Old January 25th 07, 11:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

If it's raining and I'm riding the coker, i just turn it upside down and
carry it like that so the tire doesn't hit the ground and make a mess.
If i'm not riding my coker then yeah, like everyone else says.

--
Hazmat

If you fail at unicycling or unicycle tricks, try again, when you try
again. You will never fail.
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old January 25th 07, 11:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

i just hold mine by the saddle and wheel it anywhere, i rarely ever pick
it up.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old January 25th 07, 11:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

I usually hold the saddle and wheel it around, if I feel the need to
carry it, i usually grab one leg of the frame near the top where it is
perfectly balanced and carry it around like that. I put it on and angle
do the wheel doesn't jab into my leg.

--
tomtrevor

01010100 01101111 01101101 00100000 01010100 01110010 01100101
01110110 01101111 01110010
'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)
WHEEL WALK ON WATER

BLUEGREENORANGEBLACKPURPLEREDWHITEYELLOW
Thanks to my sponsers: my mum
'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
(http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
(http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
(http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
(http://www.google.rw/)'!'
(http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
(http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)'o'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliced_bread)'m'
(http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
(http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'R'
(http://www.tlb.org/Park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
(http://www.burntfaceman.com/)'n'
(http://www.adcott.net/binary/)'d'
(http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
(http://www.cheese.com)'m'
(http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
'L'
(http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)'i'
(http://www.virtualgravy.com/)'n'
(http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)'k'
(http://www.cheaphumor.com/)'a'
(http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
(http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
(http://www.break.com/)
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Old January 25th 07, 01:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

tomtrevor wrote:
I usually hold the saddle and wheel it around, if I feel the need to
carry it, i usually grab one leg of the frame near the top where it is
perfectly balanced and carry it around like that. I put it on and angle
do the wheel doesn't jab into my leg.

That works, but it puts some sideways stress on the bearings which
isn't the best thing for them.

--
maximus unius

Originally Posted by *Beener*
Is ISIS, ISIS, is ISIS not ISIS, is KOXX ISIS really ISIS, is Kris Holm
ISIS more ISIS than KOXX ISIS, ISISISISISIS!

maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

Old January 25th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

maximus unius wrote:
That works, but it puts some sideways stress on the bearings which isn't
the best thing for them.

the sideways forces on the bearing just by its own weight should be
pretty negligable compared to doing big and long sidehops

Old January 25th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Do you know in some movies people carry the unis on their backs? Like in
Under No Influence and Into the Thunder Dragon trailers.

How do they do that? Do they take off the pedals or something like
that? Or do they make some special strap arrangement?

--
ivan

Read me! thank you.
ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

Carrying tyres Not Responding UK 10 June 15th 06 11:57 PM
Carrying a rucksack Ian B. UK 26 December 18th 05 02:16 PM
Carrying enough water - how to? Julesh UK 29 June 30th 05 08:53 AM
carrying stuff cathwood Unicycling 13 March 31st 05 05:59 PM