That's not a hill.....

Old March 8th 05, 11:53 PM
chris French

Default That's not a hill.....

The move to the 'flatlands' draws closer, just waiting for final
solicitory bits, hopefully exchange of contracts won't be too long and
we can get moving date.

Well I guess the village (all going well) is on hill, it's a heady 10m
above sea level, and I guess the road to the nearest town of St. Ives
does go over what passes for a mountain around there as it goes over the
30 metre contour. But FGS the road our current house is on rises about
20 metres in maybe 300 metres or so.

I think this is going to take bit of readjustment.......
--
Chris French, Leeds
Old March 9th 05, 01:37 AM
Jon Senior

chris French wrote:
The move to the 'flatlands' draws closer, just waiting for final
solicitory bits, hopefully exchange of contracts won't be too long and
we can get moving date.

Well I guess the village (all going well) is on hill, it's a heady 10m
above sea level, and I guess the road to the nearest town of St. Ives
does go over what passes for a mountain around there as it goes over the
30 metre contour. But FGS the road our current house is on rises about
20 metres in maybe 300 metres or so.

I think this is going to take bit of readjustment.......

Where and when? (By private mail if preferred). I'll drop around with a
welcome cake next time I'm visiting the folks!

If my Windows system hadn't committed suicide I'd break out MemoryMap
and track it down from the description, although that does sound like
pretty much everywhere in Cambs.

Jon
Old March 9th 05, 09:02 AM
MSeries

chris French wrote:
The move to the 'flatlands' draws closer, just waiting for final
solicitory bits, hopefully exchange of contracts won't be too long

and
we can get moving date.

Well I guess the village (all going well) is on hill, it's a heady

10m
above sea level, and I guess the road to the nearest town of St. Ives

does go over what passes for a mountain around there as it goes over

the
30 metre contour. But FGS the road our current house is on rises

about
20 metres in maybe 300 metres or so.

I think this is going to take bit of readjustment.......
--
Chris French, Leeds

We never did have a W Yorks urc meet up. Maybe I can stop by when I
ride to Cambridge and back in July or perhaps we'll see you at
Mildenhall !!!

Hope the move is trouble free.

Old March 9th 05, 01:42 PM
Tony Raven

chris French wrote:

The move to the 'flatlands' draws closer, just waiting for final
solicitory bits, hopefully exchange of contracts won't be too long and
we can get moving date.

Well I guess the village (all going well) is on hill, it's a heady 10m
above sea level, and I guess the road to the nearest town of St. Ives
does go over what passes for a mountain around there as it goes over the
30 metre contour. But FGS the road our current house is on rises about
20 metres in maybe 300 metres or so.

I think this is going to take bit of readjustment.......

How dare you! East Anglia is not flat! We have railway bridges.

Tony ;-)
Old March 9th 05, 02:19 PM
iakobski

I think this is going to take bit of readjustment.......

Yes, you won't believe the winds over the fens...

Old March 9th 05, 02:40 PM
Paul - xxx

Tony Raven composed the following;:
chris French wrote:

The move to the 'flatlands' draws closer, just waiting for final
solicitory bits, hopefully exchange of contracts won't be too long and
we can get moving date.

Well I guess the village (all going well) is on hill, it's a heady 10m
above sea level, and I guess the road to the nearest town of St. Ives
does go over what passes for a mountain around there as it goes over the
30 metre contour. But FGS the road our current house is on rises about
20 metres in maybe 300 metres or so.

I think this is going to take bit of readjustment.......

How dare you! East Anglia is not flat! We have railway bridges.

And dykes ...

--
Paul ...
www.4x4prejudice.org
Old March 9th 05, 03:50 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:40:33 -0000, "Paul - xxx"
wrote:

And dykes ...

Is this a reference to Velcro?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
Old March 9th 05, 05:12 PM
Alan Braggins

wrote:

And dykes ...

Is this a reference to Velcro?

East Anglian Dykes:
http://www.wuffings.co.uk/WuffSites/Dykes/EADykes.htm

I've been known to cycle to the Dyke's End pub, and often walk along the
Devil's Dyke, but don't know of any cycling routes that are made not-flat
by it.
Old March 9th 05, 05:59 PM
Paul - xxx

Alan Braggins composed the following;:
wrote:

And dykes ...

Is this a reference to Velcro?

East Anglian Dykes:
http://www.wuffings.co.uk/WuffSites/Dykes/EADykes.htm

I've been known to cycle to the Dyke's End pub, and often walk along the
Devil's Dyke, but don't know of any cycling routes that are made not-flat
by it.

The sloping sides make excellent 'practice' areas for slalom bikes .. I
guess ...

--
Paul ...
www.4x4prejudice.org

Herne Hill situation ScumOfTheRoad UK 2 February 7th 05 11:02 AM
Stupid gearing (or an encounter with Succombs Hill) Sky Fly UK 17 November 8th 03 10:35 AM
Herne Hill - Saturday and Sunday this weekend John Hearns UK 2 October 3rd 03 09:51 AM
Texas Hill Country River Region Bicycle Classic Mike Recumbent Biking 2 September 30th 03 02:37 AM
Arcata celebrates Skot, Denise Hill is Back Leaves Reno amid fanfare Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway Recumbent Biking 0 July 26th 03 09:24 PM