Surely all pavement cyclists are insured?

Old May 1st 18, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Surely all pavement cyclists are insured?

Brain damaged woman unable to get any compensation from uninsured
pavement cyclist that mowed her down.

https://inews.co.uk/news/scotland/wo...ist-insurance/
Old May 1st 18, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 01/05/2018 15:59, MrCheerful wrote:

Brain damaged woman unable to get any compensation from uninsured
pavement cyclist that mowed her down.

https://inews.co.uk/news/scotland/wo...ist-insurance/

She should have got TMS320 to investigate. Every cyclist is insured up
to the hilt, apparently. He'd have soon located the fridge-freezer policy.
Old May 2nd 18, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 3:59:58 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
Brain damaged woman unable to get any compensation from uninsured
pavement cyclist that mowed her down.

https://inews.co.uk/news/scotland/wo...ist-insurance/

More evidence for compulsory walking helmets.

Old May 2nd 18, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 9:24:42 AM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

More evidence for compulsory walking helmets.

Here's one.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcGRqCoWsAA6kEh.jpg
Old May 2nd 18, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 02/05/2018 09:49, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 9:24:42 AM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

More evidence for compulsory walking helmets.

Here's one.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcGRqCoWsAA6kEh.jpg

The pair of you have absolutely no regard for the safety and security of
pedestrians in pedestrian-only spaces.
Old May 2nd 18, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Wed, 02 May 2018 08:49:22 GMT, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 9:24:42 AM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

More evidence for compulsory walking helmets.

Here's one.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcGRqCoWsAA6kEh.jpg

OFF-TOPIC!; that's the car-driving one.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old May 2nd 18, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 01/05/18 17:44, JNugent wrote:
On 01/05/2018 15:59, MrCheerful wrote:

Brain damaged woman unable to get any compensation from uninsured
pavement cyclist that mowed her down.

https://inews.co.uk/news/scotland/wo...ist-insurance/

She should have got TMS320 to investigate. Every cyclist is insured up
to the hilt, apparently. He'd have soon located the fridge-freezer policy.

Thank you for giving me credit for bein an expert in such matters. Al I
know is that I have £10m TP as member of a club and £1m TP as a standard
part of home insurance - as in most home policies. Only stupid people
have tried to suggest that a fridge-freezer policy is equivalent to home
insurance. Why have you fallen for it?
Old May 3rd 18, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 02/05/2018 13:38, TMS320 wrote:

On 01/05/18 17:44, JNugent wrote:
On 01/05/2018 15:59, MrCheerful wrote:

Brain damaged woman unable to get any compensation from uninsured
pavement cyclist that mowed her down.

https://inews.co.uk/news/scotland/wo...ist-insurance/

She should have got TMS320 to investigate. Every cyclist is insured up
to the hilt, apparently. He'd have soon located the fridge-freezer
policy.

Thank you for giving me credit for bein an expert in such matters. Al I
know is that I have £10m TP as member of a club and £1m TP as a standard
part of home insurance - as in most home policies. Only stupid people
have tried to suggest that a fridge-freezer policy is equivalent to home
insurance. Why have you fallen for it?

It's your good self who has fallen for it in responding to comments
about a turd on a bike who had no insurance.

Though as we know, because we have been told so frequently, that
apparently cannot happen, much. And if it does happen, it'll probably be
alright, and if it isn't alright, it's better than being hit by a
40-tonne artic on the pavement.

Hyperbole? not from a cyclist, surely? Pavement cyclist claims aterrorist in a van weapon came near him. MrCheerful UK 15 September 23rd 16 09:07 PM
The big answer: cyclists should be insured Mr Benn[_4_] UK 143 March 1st 12 07:36 AM
Pavement cyclists targeted again but not pavement motorists. Doug[_3_] UK 44 October 30th 09 08:31 AM
Pavement cyclists wafflycat UK 4 September 30th 05 10:15 PM
Cyclists on pavement Euan Australia 103 June 22nd 05 11:43 PM