The Great Don Quijote of RBM!

Old August 15th 07, 05:02 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_674_]

Default We Have a President That Rides A Bike Now!

still me? wrote:
I'd tell you about your third problem but the second one is already
preventing you from recognizing the first, so there's little point to
continuing.

butbutbut, the rest of us are curious!

"I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition"

Old August 15th 07, 05:47 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Sornson

still me wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:33:23 -0700, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

You really come across as a social class bigot.

Just ask yourself how well "your way" is working in places like New
Orleans. Dependency ain't cutting it; time to try empowerment based
on personal responsibility coupled with opportunity. Only one
problem with that: Dems will not keep getting elected if this
occurs.

Get a clue.

I have a clue. Your first problem is that you assume anyone who
opposes that a-hole of a President and his crony neo-con fascists who
are selling us down a river is a Democrat. Your second problem is that
you are the definition of the brainwashed masses that the neo's are
pulling along like lemmings.

I'd tell you about your third problem but the second one is already
preventing you from recognizing the first, so there's little point to
continuing.

Nonsequitur much? LOL

Bill "oh, and Flogger wants to know who you really are" S.

Old August 15th 07, 05:51 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Keats

"still me" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:52:40 -0500, "Keats" wrote:

"Avoiding long-term poverty is not rocket science. First, graduate from
high
school. Second, get married before you have children, and stay married.
Third, work at any kind of job, even one that starts out paying the
minimum
wage. And, finally, avoid engaging in criminal behavior. If you graduate
from high school today with a B or C average, in most places in our
country
there's a low-cost or financially assisted post-high-school education
program available to increase your skills.

Statistically this is true. Obviously avoiding poverty are choices best
made early in life. Obviously, you can't let yourself be sucked into
victimhood by those whose self interest it is to have you in poverty so
they
can be your poverty pimp, or have you in their voter constituency, or
just
feel good about themselves such as some social workers and other non-
helpful do-gooders. The choices to not be poor come easy and natural for
most people brought up in a non-poverty family, but if you are born into
poverty you will most likely need outside influence to get you off the
poverty track in as much as there are powerful forces working from within
to keep you in place.

Nice theory, but it doesn't wash. I'm no fan of endless, wasteful
social programs, but the very people promoting the financial
assistance programs you cite are the Democrats - who you accuse of
having some farfetched conspiracy to keep people in poverty.

Logic just defeated you.

Can you point me to any congressional democrat promoting the Bush
administration's Department of Education? Most of them seem to be like
you - never uttering a positive word.

As Walter Williams said avoiding long-term poverty is not rocket science.
Graduate from high school. Get married before you have children and stay
married. Get a job and increase your skills. Don't be a criminal. Nothing
too complicated there, eh? Find me a democrat saying these things and I'll
show you a extraordinarily good democrat. But unfortunately this language
isn't part of their talking points or of your own thoughts and speech.

Keats

Old August 16th 07, 05:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Keats

"still me" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:51:41 -0500, "Keats" wrote:

Can you point me to any congressional democrat promoting the Bush
administration's Department of Education? Most of them seem to be like
you - never uttering a positive word.

Don't assume people are Democrats just because they can objectively
recognize that Bush is a neo fascist, neo con moron puppet without a
clue who has caused great harm to the USA that will take decades to
repair.

I haven't seen any talk from either party about education. Bush has
his "no child left behind" but I haven't seem anyone except him hyping
that. In addition, the only hype I've seen out of that is the
ill-designed concept of standardized testing. That just leads to
standardized education and teaching to the test. The fact that some
urban school systems are failing should not be used to penalize and
handicap suburban school systems that work - but that's the effect of
standardized testing.

Why do I have the strong feeling that you belong to a teachers union?

As Walter Williams said avoiding long-term poverty is not rocket science.
Graduate from high school. Get married before you have children and stay
married. Get a job and increase your skills. Don't be a criminal.
Nothing
too complicated there, eh? Find me a democrat saying these things and
I'll
show you a extraordinarily good democrat. But unfortunately this language
isn't part of their talking points or of your own thoughts and speech.

You left out the part about "take a job, any job, at minimum wage"
(paraphrased) from your earlier post. That is a prescription for life
long poverty.

I didn't know that a kid taking a minimum wage job also got a prescription
for life long poverty, but that could certainly explain why democrats and
other liberals are so determined to perpetuate the minimum wage system.

Old August 17th 07, 06:47 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Keats

"still me" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:13:56 -0500, "Keats" wrote:

I haven't seen any talk from either party about education. Bush has
his "no child left behind" but I haven't seem anyone except him hyping
that. In addition, the only hype I've seen out of that is the
ill-designed concept of standardized testing. That just leads to
standardized education and teaching to the test. The fact that some
urban school systems are failing should not be used to penalize and
handicap suburban school systems that work - but that's the effect of
standardized testing.

Why do I have the strong feeling that you belong to a teachers union?

The only logical answer to that question is "because you don't have a
clue".

The only clues I have are the ones you supply. And as far as logic goes I'm
not so sure you've got a clue.

FWIW, I'm none too fond of unions in general or the teachers union in
particular. More importantly, it's obvious that you haven't seen the
hands-on effect of what happens when the state starts dictating
universal tests. It leads directly to state dictated curriculum, a
horrible idea. It ruins good schools that were doing their job, and it
doesn't make any difference in the schools that weren't doing their
job.

[...]

Your quote doesn't apply that phrase to "kids".

Ok, so the quote was all inclusive and did include kids, young people,
middle aged people, older people, seniors, black people, white people,
yellow people, red people, brown people, pink people, fit people, unfit
people, average people, below average people, above average
people.............I could go on and on with this but maybe, just maybe
you've managed to get the idea.

So how does that change anything?

Keats (as Dr. Phil might say - I'm stupefied by this guest)