"I don't f'ing care, mate" cyclist gets a fine

Old April 3rd 18, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

Default "I don't f'ing care, mate" cyclist gets a fine

On 03/04/2018 13:13, JNugent wrote:
On 03/04/2018 10:04, Peter Keller wrote:
On 03/04/18 01:19, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2018 18:35, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 6:18:18 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
" one of the most stupid, arrogant and dangerous things I’ve seen"
"common sense isn’t all that common." said the Assistant chief
constable.

He clearly doesn't come across many cyclists, the majority are like
that.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3754536.html

Crank v Brooks 1990

Is Crank a synonym for "cyclist"?

I think it is the thing which connects the spindle inside the bottom
bracket to the pedal.

It can be a lot of things (eg, the name of a small and quite
sought-after village near St Helens in Lancashire and even the German
for "sick").

But in "Crank v Brooks 1990 (or 1980), it looks as though it's being
used as a substitute for a proper noun and there has to be a reason for
that.

and even the German
for "sick").

Where did you learn German?
Old April 3rd 18, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 03/04/2018 15:02, colwyn wrote:
[...]

'ich bin krank' seems to be something a cyclist should say.
Old April 3rd 18, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

On 03/04/2018 15:54, MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

Â* for "sick").

Where did you learn German?

'ich bin krank' seems to be something a cyclist should say.

Im gegenteil - Radfahren ist Gesundheits freundlich!

Old April 4th 18, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 04/04/18 03:15, colwyn wrote:
[...]

Ich stimme zu. Radfahren ist eine sehr gesunde herrliche geldsparende
Art Fahrens.
Old April 5th 18, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

On 04/04/2018 10:04, Peter Keller wrote:
On 04/04/18 03:15, colwyn wrote:
[...]

Eine ausgezeichnete Beschreibung zur Nutzung des Drahtesels - weder zum
Vergnuegen oder als Verkehrsfahrzeug! (Pah - Crank indeed!)
Old April 6th 18, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

Â*Â* for "sick").

Where did you learn German?

'ich bin krank' seems to be something a cyclist should say.

Im gegenteil - Radfahren ist Gesundheits freundlich!

Ich stimme zu. Radfahren ist eine sehr gesunde herrliche geldsparende
Art Fahrens.

Eine ausgezeichnete Beschreibung zur Nutzung des Drahtesels - weder zum
Vergnuegen oder als Verkehrsfahrzeug! (Pah - Crank indeed!)

Mein Drahtesel gibt mir viele Vergnügung. Ich benütze ihn fast immer für
meinen Transportbedarf.
Auch sehr gesund ist er.