A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Sleep Aids

Old April 30th 18, 04:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill
external usenet poster

Default Sleep Aids

I was trying to get a cyclist on board on for some kind of government oversight-coordination of autonomous vehicles. He said he was out buying a Subaru with his wife and when the dealer started hyping all the self driving safety features.

The cyclist said the dealer got irritated when he called the technology "sleep aids."

What is really inexplicable is that if I've only had 2 hours sleep, I can still cycle 160 km through the desert w/o stopping.

If I drive I must pull over for a nap. Or two.

Explain _that_ one.

Fortunately I can nap when it's 50 degrees C.

Bret Cahill

Ads
Old April 30th 18, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Sleep Aids

On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 4:31:10 AM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
I was trying to get a cyclist on board on for some kind of government oversight-coordination of autonomous vehicles. He said he was out buying a Subaru with his wife and when the dealer started hyping all the self driving safety features.

The cyclist said the dealer got irritated when he called the technology "sleep aids."

What is really inexplicable is that if I've only had 2 hours sleep, I can still cycle 160 km through the desert w/o stopping.

Explain _that_ one.

Bret Cahill

When I was coming back from my honeymoon in 1983, I fell asleep on the way back after driving for 20 hours non stop.
Old April 30th 18, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill
external usenet poster

Default Sleep Aids

Explain _that_ one.

Bret Cahill

When I was coming back from my honeymoon in 1983, I fell asleep on the way back after driving for 20 hours non stop.

Just a five or 10 minute nap and I always can drive a couple more hours but it would take a lot of money to justify driving more than 12 hours in one day.

Bret Cahill

Old April 30th 18, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Sleep Aids

On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 10:24:21 PM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:

Explain _that_ one.

Bret Cahill

Just a five or 10 minute nap and I always can drive a couple more hours but it would take a lot of money to justify driving more than 12 hours in one day.

Bret Cahill

I was 20 miles from home and my new wife was 4 months pregnant!

In 2012, I was forced by work to drive the 635 miles from Rotterdam to Salzburg in 13 hours with the 28 year old daughter concerned and nearly crashed again!
Old May 1st 18, 05:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill
external usenet poster

Default Sleep Aids

Explain _that_ one.

Bret Cahill

Bret Cahill

I was 20 miles from home and my new wife was 4 months pregnant!

In 2012, I was forced by work to drive the 635 miles from Rotterdam to Salzburg in 13 hours with the 28 year old daughter concerned and nearly crashed again!

You forced my hand so I will 'fess up about my carrot truck experience.

The hours were so long and the ag trucks so poorly maintained that the undocumented drivers were calling their wives for a ride back to Mexico. They refused to drive the rigs back to the valley.

Most of the disabled vehicles on the I-10 into LA were carrot trucks from one company.

We logged miles on a removable binder. If you made it to the destination w/o being pulled over you replaced that sheet with another "updated" one.

The previous days sheets were burned in the carrot fields.

I hate to admit it but at least once I woke up behind the wheel of a 40 ton loaded carrot truck on U. S. 395.

If you ever cycle or drive in California, give the ag truckers a wide berth.

Bret Cahill