Helmet question

Old August 8th 04, 11:31 PM
Tim

Default Helmet question

I would first like to say that there is always a wealth of knowledge
floating around here and that I appreciate that. Now then, my helmet got
dropped from about seven feet and landed on a concrete slab, however after
thorough inspection it appears to look and feel fine. I even put pressure
on the shell to see if the foam underneath had been compressed, but it
hadn't. It is a "middle model" Bell "Furio" (in case that makes any
difference at all.) What do you guys think?

Old August 8th 04, 11:40 PM
Arthur Harris

"Tim" wrote:
I would first like to say that there is always a wealth of knowledge
floating around here and that I appreciate that. Now then, my helmet got
dropped from about seven feet and landed on a concrete slab, however after
thorough inspection it appears to look and feel fine. I even put pressure
on the shell to see if the foam underneath had been compressed, but it
hadn't. It is a "middle model" Bell "Furio" (in case that makes any
difference at all.) What do you guys think?

I wouldn't worry about it.

Art Harris

Old August 8th 04, 11:51 PM
Dave Thompson

"Arthur Harris" wrote in message
. net...
"Tim" wrote:
I would first like to say that there is always a wealth of knowledge
floating around here and that I appreciate that. Now then, my helmet

got
dropped from about seven feet and landed on a concrete slab, however

after
thorough inspection it appears to look and feel fine. I even put

pressure
on the shell to see if the foam underneath had been compressed, but it
hadn't. It is a "middle model" Bell "Furio" (in case that makes any
difference at all.) What do you guys think?

I wouldn't worry about it.

Art Harris

Me neither. The only force that was applied to the helmet was the weight of
the helmet itself, negligible. If mine, I would wear it again with no second
thoughts.

Old August 9th 04, 12:18 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

"Tim" wrote:
I would first like to say that there is always a wealth of knowledge
floating around here and that I appreciate that. Now then, my helmet

got
dropped from about seven feet and landed on a concrete slab, however

after
thorough inspection it appears to look and feel fine. I even put

pressure
on the shell to see if the foam underneath had been compressed, but it
hadn't. It is a "middle model" Bell "Furio" (in case that makes any
difference at all.) What do you guys think?

I wouldn't worry about it.

Art Harris

Me neither.

OMG, how can you guys say this??!!!! It is his life you are talking
about and you are telling him it is worth nothing ;-)

JT
Old August 9th 04, 12:23 PM
Chris Loffredo

Tim wrote:

I would first like to say that there is always a wealth of knowledge
floating around here and that I appreciate that. Now then, my helmet got
dropped from about seven feet and landed on a concrete slab, however after
thorough inspection it appears to look and feel fine. I even put pressure
on the shell to see if the foam underneath had been compressed, but it
hadn't. It is a "middle model" Bell "Furio" (in case that makes any
difference at all.) What do you guys think?

Put it on. Ride down the street on the wrong side of the road. When you
see the biggest, meanest looking SUV speeding towards you, do a
full-frontal making sure your head impacts with the radiator grille.

If you don't survive, it means the helmet was damaged.
; )

Old August 9th 04, 06:36 PM
RonSonic

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 17:31:51 -0500, "Tim" wrote:

I would first like to say that there is always a wealth of knowledge
floating around here and that I appreciate that. Now then, my helmet got
dropped from about seven feet and landed on a concrete slab, however after
thorough inspection it appears to look and feel fine. I even put pressure
on the shell to see if the foam underneath had been compressed, but it
hadn't. It is a "middle model" Bell "Furio" (in case that makes any
difference at all.) What do you guys think?

Unless it was strapped onto your melon for that fall, it's no big deal.

Figure a helmet that could be damaged by its own weight wouldn't do you any good
anyway.

Ron

Old August 9th 04, 10:45 PM
Bestest Handsander

"Tim" wrote in message
I would first like to say that there is always a wealth of knowledge
floating around here and that I appreciate that. Now then, my helmet got
dropped from about seven feet and landed on a concrete slab, however after
thorough inspection it appears to look and feel fine. I even put pressure
on the shell to see if the foam underneath had been compressed, but it
hadn't. It is a "middle model" Bell "Furio" (in case that makes any
difference at all.) What do you guys think?

It is damaged beyond repair! At least that's what I tell SHMBO so I can buy
the latest and greatest. If you're still happy with it, it's probably fine.