Inexa C1

Old March 24th 07, 09:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rdk[_4_]

Default Inexa C1

Does anyone have an opinion on the Inexa C1. They seem to have gone
"factory direct" and are no longer sold in shops (according to the kid
there today). Anyway, this makes a seemingly great value bike ($3,000
full Ultegra, good looking C frame), but does anyone know what the
bikes are like?

$3,000 seems to be the carbon price point for Oz-only brands (Azzurri,
Gitane, Inexa) with Ultegra, and for some others with 105-mix (Scott,
Trek 5000, Spesh Roubaix). The Azzurri got a reasonable write-up in one
of the mags, but I can't find a word on Inexa.

--
rdk

Old March 24th 07, 06:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_5_]

rdk Wrote:
Does anyone have an opinion on the Inexa C1. They seem to have gone
"factory direct" and are no longer sold in shops (according to the kid
there today). Anyway, this makes a seemingly great value bike ($3,000
full Ultegra, good looking C frame), but does anyone know what the
bikes are like?

$3,000 seems to be the carbon price point for Oz-only brands (Azzurri,
Gitane, Inexa) with Ultegra, and for some others with 105-mix (Scott,
Trek 5000, Spesh Roubaix). The Azzurri got a reasonable write-up in one
of the mags, but I can't find a word on Inexa.

I tried an Inexa carbon frame when I was looking at bikes, a long time
ago now, unfortunately it was after I had test ridden the bike I ended
up buying, so it did not compare as far as I was concerned in terms of
ride and handling. Having said that if I was on a certain budget as
you mentioned and was looking again, was great value for the money. I
tried mine down at Chelthenham cycles. But i have noticed their
factory sales and even promotional girls down along Beach Road handing
out lollies Cannot give a comparison to the Azzuri etc....

--
MikeyOz

Old March 25th 07, 06:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Mar 24, 7:42 pm, rdk
wrote:
Does anyone have an opinion on the Inexa C1. They seem to have gone
"factory direct" and are no longer sold in shops (according to the kid
there today). Anyway, this makes a seemingly great value bike ($3,000
full Ultegra, good looking C frame), but does anyone know what the
bikes are like?

$3,000 seems to be the carbon price point for Oz-only brands (Azzurri,
Gitane, Inexa) with Ultegra, and for some others with 105-mix (Scott,
Trek 5000, Spesh Roubaix). The Azzurri got a reasonable write-up in one
of the mags, but I can't find a word on Inexa.

Someone else's opinion is close to worthless, testride them...
testride them all.

Old March 25th 07, 10:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rdk[_5_]

Bleve Wrote:
... testride them...testride them all.That's the plan, but I wonder (with my ability) what I'll be able to

tell after the ride. The Scott dealer offered an all-day test, but for
the others? Sure I'll be able to judge that one fells comfortable, or
fits well, but not whether the bike is twitchy on a fast downhill, or
comfortable after 4 hours. Then again, when you read about "stiff
bottom brackets" and so on, I wonder if it matters to my type of riding
ie not racing.

--
rdk

Old March 25th 07, 10:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ProfTournesol[_7_]

rdk Wrote:
That's the plan, but I wonder (with my ability) what I'll be able to
tell after the ride. The Scott dealer offered an all-day test, but for
the others? Sure I'll be able to judge that one fells comfortable, or
fits well, but not whether the bike is twitchy on a fast downhill, or
comfortable after 4 hours. Then again, when you read about "stiff
bottom brackets" and so on, I wonder if it matters to my type of riding
ie not racing.

well, if you can't tell any difference, then buy the cheapest one! When
you can tell the difference, it's time for another upgrade:-)

--
ProfTournesol

Old March 25th 07, 10:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rdk[_6_]

ProfTournesol Wrote:
well, if you can't tell any difference, then buy the cheapest one! When
you can tell the difference, it's time for another upgrade:-)I agree in theory, but the bank manager and bill payer has made it clear

that this will be the last bike for some time. I plan to be able to
tell.

The more I think about it the more I think Bleves comment "Someone
else's opinion is close to worthless" is quite wrong. Who'd drop $3,000
without any info except from a salesman, which in Inexa's case was some
17 year old kid on Saturday who didn't really know anything?

Anyway, any info welcome!

--
rdk

Old March 25th 07, 11:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

On Mar 25, 5:53 pm, rdk
wrote:
ProfTournesol Wrote: well, if you can't tell any difference, then buy the cheapest one! When
you can tell the difference, it's time for another upgrade:-)I agree in theory, but the bank manager and bill payer has made it clear

that this will be the last bike for some time. I plan to be able to
tell.

The more I think about it the more I think Bleves comment "Someone
else's opinion is close to worthless" is quite wrong. Who'd drop $3,000
without any info except from a salesman, which in Inexa's case was some
17 year old kid on Saturday who didn't really know anything?

Anyway, any info welcome!

--
rdk

I believe his comment was more in line with 'if YOU like it, then is
is right for you'. I could tell you that the bike I own is a fantastic
bike, but when you ride it you find the angles are wrong, or the ride
is to harsh, or the bars seem too far in front.

Bleve's ride them all advice is well worth taking. I didn't test ride,
or ask suitable questions, and now have a bike that is around 5cm too
small. Now looking at a custom job to get it oversized, which could
have been avoided if I had done the right thing first time and not
gone 'Wow, all those components for only $1600!!'

Brendo

Make the right choice first time,

Old March 25th 07, 11:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rdk[_7_]

Brendo Wrote:
Make the right choice first timeThat's the plan

Someone might tell me Aluminium Industries bought a boat-load of frames
made in 2001 that were rejected by almost everyone else, labelled them
Inexa and are still selling them.

On the other hand, maybe Colnago commissioned their first Chinese
frames, made to exacting standards, but changed their marketing
strategy so sold the frames to Aluminium Industries, who labelled them
Inexa etc

Anyway, I couldn't tell that by riding the thing. Some people on here
could, but not me.

Anyway, any info still welcome. I was passed by a bunch on Beach Road
today with the lead rider on an Inexa. At least I know they work

--
rdk

Old March 25th 07, 11:50 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

Someone might tell me Aluminium Industries bought a boat-load of frames
made in 2001 that were rejected by almost everyone else, labelled them
Inexa and are still selling them.

On the other hand, maybe Colnago commissioned their first Chinese
frames, made to exacting standards, but changed their marketing
strategy so sold the frames to Aluminium Industries, who labelled them
Inexa etc

Anyway, I couldn't tell that by riding the thing. Some people on here
could, but not me.

Couldn't tell what? Who made them? It's irrelavant. What you need to
be able to tell is that it is comfortable and suits you. I could spend
$7000 on a frame, and it is quite possible it could feel like crap,
unless I had tried it first and found it to be comfortable and suited
my style.

Who makes it? Who cares. As long as you like riding it.

Anyway, any info still welcome. I was passed by a bunch on Beach Road
today with the lead rider on an Inexa. At least I know they work

For that rider.

Brendo

Old March 26th 07, 12:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rdk[_8_]

Brendo Wrote:

Who made them? It's irrelavant. What you need to be able to tell is
that it is comfortable and suits you.

So last time you bought a bike you had no interest in whether it was a
well made frame, if the warranty support was OK, if the maunfacturer
skimped in design or testing, or if the bike had a reputation for
quality or for falling apart after 12 months. Get real.

I'm not asking for anyone to tell me which bike to buy, but for info on
one particular bike where I can't find info anywhere else.

--
rdk