Help I dont want to start wearing cycle clips!

Old June 9th 07, 12:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Help I dont want to start wearing cycle clips!

I recently brought a MTB after many years of not cycling (since school) and
I have hit a bit of a snag... I have trashed every pair of trousers I have
worn so far. They keep being torn up at the ankle by the chain. I have been
looking for a pair of MTB trousers with something like Velcro straps to
tighten the shine on the right side, but I cant find any... So its looking
like I'm going to have to start using cycle clips!! What do people use?

Cheers
Scott

Old June 9th 07, 03:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Zilla

"a" wrote in message
I recently brought a MTB after many years of not cycling (since school)

and
I have hit a bit of a snag... I have trashed every pair of trousers I have
worn so far. They keep being torn up at the ankle by the chain. I have

been
looking for a pair of MTB trousers with something like Velcro straps to
tighten the shine on the right side, but I cant find any... So its looking
like I'm going to have to start using cycle clips!! What do people use?

Cheers
Scott

Try a rubber band...

Old June 9th 07, 05:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paul Boyd[_2_]

On 09/06/2007 12:53, a said,
I have been
looking for a pair of MTB trousers with something like Velcro straps to
tighten the shine on the right side, but I cant find any... So its looking
like I'm going to have to start using cycle clips!! What do people use?

I use MTB trousers with Velco strips... Something like these:-
http://www.endura.co.uk/hummvee_trouser.html

Failing that, just wear baggies.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old June 9th 07, 05:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Do you know if there are any straps you can buy to adjust trousers, as I
brought a pair of altrua altitude trousers and the legs on them are to
baggy, I think they will get caught in the chain when I wear them.

On 09/06/2007 12:53, a said,

Old June 9th 07, 06:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

a wrote:
I recently brought a MTB after many years of not cycling (since school) and
I have hit a bit of a snag... I have trashed every pair of trousers I have
worn so far.

Roll them up. That's what all the trendy pseudo-messengers do around here.

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old June 9th 07, 07:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paul Boyd[_2_]

On 09/06/2007 17:54, a said,
Do you know if there are any straps you can buy to adjust trousers, as I
brought a pair of altrua altitude trousers and the legs on them are to
baggy, I think they will get caught in the chain when I wear them.

You probably can buy them, but I'm guessing you're in the USA so I have
I no idea where you can buy them from locally. The trousers I put the
link up for have Velcro straps at the ankle and about 2/3rds of the way
up the calf that pull the bottom of the leg tight enough not to flap and
get caught in the chain (and they're available world-wide!)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old June 10th 07, 12:42 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 11:25:57 -0700, Paul Boyd wrote:

On 09/06/2007 17:54, a said,
Do you know if there are any straps you can buy to adjust trousers, as
I brought a pair of altrua altitude trousers and the legs on them are
to baggy, I think they will get caught in the chain when I wear them.

You probably can buy them, but I'm guessing you're in the USA so I have
I no idea where you can buy them from locally. The trousers I put the
link up for have Velcro straps at the ankle and about 2/3rds of the way
up the calf that pull the bottom of the leg tight enough not to flap and
get caught in the chain (and they're available world-wide!)

I don't think he's from the US; no one here uses the word "trourser."
--
Slack

Old June 10th 07, 02:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Zilla

Seriously, have you tried it? I got the idea from
an LBS here which let folks try bikes. Of course
they have the occassional rider with "trousers"
or jeans, and they give them one of those thick
rubber bands to slide over the jeans.

"a" wrote in message
Good one! Helped lots.