Jim McNamare, Ed Gin, and Other Postings.....an infinite amount of Monkeys.

Old September 30th 03, 12:25 AM
Larry Varney

Default Jim McNamare, Ed Gin, and Other Postings.....an infinite amountof Monkeys.

ModRatorMan wrote:
Mr. Varney, The only reason I posted on this thread was to remind Jimmy
McNamara that his posts will not be allowed on Recumbents.com. I
could care less what hate oriented posts or viruses he intends to
send to any other newsgroup or discussion boards. I also find his
personal feuds rather boring and that anal behavior of his is no
longer posted at Recumbetns.com Monkey Island.

As I have told you once before my posts are mad on Cyclingforums not
ARBR. If you do not like what you see in the thread then you have the
choice not to read it.

Regards, ModRatorMan

Why is it that only these posts related to Jimmy McNamara have
somehow found their way to this newsgroup? It's not a question - to me -
of not liking what I've read, but a question of why? Why has this
particular thread been posted, via cyclingforums, to this newsgroup, and
no other? Is it just some strange quirk of fate, some accident? Is there
something special about this thread that has had it magically appear
over here?
If I were the moderator of some forum on another system, I'd be
curious as to how and why they are showing up on a completely separate
system. You have a moderated forum, and this is an unmoderated
newsgroup. Should they be mixed?
And now I'm wondering: why don't the posts on this newgroup
automatically get transferred to cyclingforums? Since, apparently,
that's what's happening in the case of those who have taken issue with
what Jimmy McNamara has posted. Maybe it's the title? I'm wondering:
does my reply to you get placed on one of cyclingforum's forums? If so,
which one? Maybe that will lead to the answer of why posts on a
moderated forum - some of the posts, anyway - are showing up on a newsgroup.
Anyway, if you don't believe me, check out the newsgroup
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, and you'll see that your posts are indeed
showing up here, even if they're being made on Cyclingforums. This is
something that you might want to point out to those who are
administering that forum.

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY

Old September 30th 03, 12:37 AM
LinuxDog

ModRatorMan wrote:
Mr. Varney, I am a registered user at cyclingforums.com. Eventually
posts on cyclingforums end up on alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent.
It was brought to my attention that Jimmy McNamara posted previously
that he had not been banned from any recumbent newsgroups.
He has been prohibited from posting at Recumbents.com for hate oriented
posts and uploading a virus not once but twice to the list server.
I do not follow the a.r.b.r. forum that you belong to.
Regards, ModRatorMan
This is not the Cycling Forums list - this is
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent.....

It looks like Cyclingforums is a "portal" to many newsgroups, including
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent. If you look at the forum heading, you can
see that it's listed as "rec.bicycles.recumbent' - the alt is missing.
It's clear that it's a usenet forum, and that's where the posts are
going.. Some may think that they are not following a usenet newsgroup,
but that's what this is. And so are rec.bicycles.racing, and so on.

Old September 30th 03, 12:44 AM
Larry Varney

The answer to why some posts on cyclingforums shows up on this
newsgroup, is obvious by the description of the "forum" on cyclingforums:

This forum is a gateway to the bicycles.recumbent usenet newsgroup. Any
posts you make in this forum will be propagated to usenet.

Actually, the full name is alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, but I guess it
was shortened for brevity. Not all posts on cyclingforums show up on
a.r.b.r., just the ones postsed to "bicycles.recumbent usenet newsgroup".

Old September 30th 03, 01:01 AM
Mark Leuck

"Larry Varney" wrote in message

Why is it that only these posts related to Jimmy McNamara have
somehow found their way to this newsgroup?

Ever see 2 people arguing out in the streets?

Same concept

Old September 30th 03, 04:14 PM
Jim McNamara

Ed - the heinous muckraker - Gin wrote:

"Jimmy registered on the BROL forums and has yet to post any on topic
material."

SNIP

Now this is refreshing ... Ed actually uttered a HALF-TRUTH! True ...
I am registered at BROL. True ... I have yet to post any on-topic
material. Also true ... I have yet to post any off-topic material
either, because I have made but only one post just to test out my
registration. Ed deliberately and conveniently failed to mention that
though, but that is the devious nature of the beast that time an again
exposed his heinous underbelly. Should you care to verify what I've
said, pay BROL a visit. Ed, have you nothing better to do than drag
my name through the mud a monitor everywhere where I might post. You
let go 5 years ago. It would seem that you had a lot of pent up
hatred that exploded into an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation.
You're an obsessed man with too much time on his hands. Take a breath
.... relax ... get over it ... get a life ... grow up .... move on.

Jim McNamara
Old September 30th 03, 05:21 PM
lowracer

Jim McNamara wrote:
[...]

It was the total truth, as you replied. Posting to "check registration"
is not "on topic" moron.

But the issue at hand is, Jimmy still fails to respond or deny his
wrongdoing pouring linseed oil in his neighbors catering truck gas tank.
His silence is tantamount to admitting guilt IMO.

It really doesn't matter as his victim residing at the 4800 block of
Catalpa Ave. Chicago, Illinois 60630, has all the information needed to
retaliate and/seek justice.

Ed Gin