Recumbent Trike Opinions

Old October 9th 03, 04:58 AM
Russ Price

Default Recumbent Trike Opinions

Daniel Towner wrote:
I've just had a look at the Wizwheelz and it looks very wide, which is
obviously why its stable. I use my Windcheetah for commuting on a
range of roads and cycles paths, and if it was any wider than it is, I
would have a lot of problems (barriers, chicanes, stationary traffic,
etc). I'd be cautious about getting such a wide trike, unless you know
for certain that you will never encounter narrow gaps!

Heh - when I took my WizWheelz up the Fox River trail (far west suburban
Chicago, for those unfamiliar with the area), I had to slow down to a
crawl at almost every vehicle barrier, with about an inch of clearance
on each side. It was maddening, to say the least. The Old Plank Road
Trail in the far south suburbs is much more trike-friendly, with center
posts instead of narrow gates to keep the cars out.
--
Russ --kill the wabbit to despam
"The solution is simple: all spammers, if convicted of spamming, should
Old October 9th 03, 12:24 PM
Larry Varney

Russ Price wrote:
Daniel Towner wrote:

I've just had a look at the Wizwheelz and it looks very wide, which is
obviously why its stable. I use my Windcheetah for commuting on a
range of roads and cycles paths, and if it was any wider than it is, I
would have a lot of problems (barriers, chicanes, stationary traffic,
etc). I'd be cautious about getting such a wide trike, unless you know
for certain that you will never encounter narrow gaps!

Heh - when I took my WizWheelz up the Fox River trail (far west suburban
Chicago, for those unfamiliar with the area), I had to slow down to a
crawl at almost every vehicle barrier, with about an inch of clearance
on each side. It was maddening, to say the least. The Old Plank Road
Trail in the far south suburbs is much more trike-friendly, with center
posts instead of narrow gates to keep the cars out.

I remember those barriers! When I rode GITAP earlier this year, the
"homeward bound" leg was on that very trail - and a gorgeous trail it
is, too. The Fox River area, and not just the trail, is worth visiting.
Anyway, I had to slow down and sometimes stop, just to make sure that
I didn't scrape something vital on my Greenspeed GTO. I'm looking
forward to next year's GITAP, and this time I'll be riding my
no-reason-to-slow-down Speed!

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY