First (stupid) injury

Old October 15th 03, 05:48 AM
onefluffybunny

Default First (stupid) injury

So there I was, unicycling back home when I come to a step in the
sidewalk that I have always been able to go over. Except that this time
I didn't make it. Maybe it was the shoes I happened to be wearing today,
as these tend to slip on the pedals since they have a plastic arch.
Maybe it was the backpack on my back shifting my weight to the rear.
Perhaps it was the four bags of groceries in my right hand tossing my
weight to the side. Or it could have possibly been the umbrella in my
left hand catching a gust of wind. Whatever it was, I didn't make it
over the little step in the sidewalk that I have always been able to go
over, and now I have my first (stupid) unicycling injury.

To maintain the spirit of this board, I shall now post the obligatory
non-cleaned-up injury photo.

P.S. Rain is stupid... =\

| Attachment filename: stupid.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/167362|

onefluffybunny
onefluffybunny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3606

Old October 15th 03, 06:11 AM
bugman

You may want to wait until after Halloween to clean that up. Of course
you could just go out on Haloween and do it again for the fresh look.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Old October 15th 03, 06:20 AM
xtremeskier_

Dude.... that is awesome.

--
xtremeskier_
xtremeskier_'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4291

Old October 15th 03, 08:25 AM
zach_jucha

rain is the major enemy of extreme sports. also dew, i slipped on wet
grass once and smashed my tailbone. coincidentally, right after i did
that i cleared my first 6 stair (in total pain). anyway, that injury
kept me from doing any serious riding for weeks.

--
zach_jucha
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

Old October 15th 03, 01:49 PM
zod

Shin Guards are your friend

--
zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)
zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

Old October 15th 03, 10:07 PM
unisteve

I was out doing my paper route once and I was holding about 30 heavy
newspapers full of flyers. my weight was all to one side and I had to
use both arms to keep myself upright. I couldn't hop without using my
hands (it was a little 4" curb and the lady who saw me fall must have
thought I sucked). I was so sad. Stupid injuries rule.

--
unisteve - computer overclocker

"I live on the edge. Sometimes I fall off."

"The saying, 'It's not if you win or lose, but how you play the game'
was perpetuated by losers."
unisteve's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/543

Old October 16th 03, 02:31 AM
unarueda

today i also fell in a really cool way, but unfortunately no
blood...there was some flying though, also no video of it because we
forgot the camera....

--
unarueda - teaching the dark art of unicycling
unarueda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4324

Pump injury Garry Jones General 14 August 2nd 04 08:14 AM
Stupid Behavior Caught on Tape Gary Smiley General 7 September 5th 03 02:11 AM