Handlebars?

Old August 9th 04, 05:04 PM
Harris

Default Handlebars?

In rec.bicycles.tech CR_ wrote:
I just purchased a new bike.
It's a trek 5200.
When i ride more than 10 miles or so I develop wrist pain.
I also have a cannondale and when i ride this bike I have no problems.
One thing I have noticed between the two is the cannondale has wider
handelbars than the Trek.
Could this be the problem?
I have very wide shoulders for my size.
I am thinking maybe it is putting more weight on my wrists or is this
nonsense or should I look for another cause.....the saddle perhaps?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
This bike is a bitch to ride right now

They're probably swapping the bars because you mentioned it. I suspect the
bars are too low and/or too far forward. It's possible the frame isn't
even the proper size for you.

Another things to consider are where the brake levers are attached to the
bars and the tilt of the bars. That will determine the transition from
bar to brake hood. If this isn't set up properly, your hands and wrists
could be put in an uncomfortable position. I would have tried adjustments
before replacing things.

Art Harris