I found a good sports medicine doctor in NJ - near New York City area.

Old September 11th 05, 04:48 AM
eastcoastguyz

Default I found a good sports medicine doctor in NJ - near New York City area.

I wanted to share with everyone that I found a good sports medicine
doctor in New Jersey. I have flat feet and it has been a real problem
within the last year or so. I had been to other doctors, but I was
still in pain. I don't mean this to be a gut-wrenching story, but I was
starting to wonder if I was going to have to accept that I might have
to live with this foot pain, until it was suggesed to me to look into
sports medicine for a solution.

I located a sports med MD (Board Certified Sports Medicine) and I feel
this one really knows his stuff and has impressive training as well.
I'm cross-posting this to rec.bicycles.racing, cause he is into cycling
too, as you can see from his web site:
http://www.njsportsmed.com/images/croped_bike.jpg

His name is Dr. Marc Silberman, MD, and his practice (New jersey Sports
Medicine and Performance Center) is located in a nice semi-rural area
in Gillette, New Jersey which is about a 50 minute drive (with no
traffic) from New York City, or an hour by train taking midtown direct
from New York Penn Station. For those of you in NJ who don't know
where Gillette is, it's in the North Central NJ area, about a 15 minute
street traffic drive from Summit, NJ. Or 30 minutes (I think) from
Morristown, NJ. Here is his web site and contact info.

Dr. Marc Silberman, MD
New jersey Sports Medicine and Performance Center
689 Valley Road, Suite 104, Gillette, NJ 07933
(908) 647-6464
http://www.njsportsmed.com/

I hope this information helps others, because I feel so much better
now. I recently was able to do my first mile on a treadmill with no
pain. I had not been able to do that in a year. As they say, your
mileage may vary, but I am happy now and looking forward to getting
back to a regular physical routine.