waterproof bicycle seat cover

Old January 17th 18, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

Default waterproof bicycle seat cover

I am looking for recommendations for a waterproof bicycle seat cover.

I will be riding with it, so it needs to be sturdy.

Thanks,
Andy
Old January 17th 18, 10:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/17/2018 3:23 PM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a waterproof bicycle seat cover.

I will be riding with it, so it needs to be sturdy.

When I'm riding, _I'm_ the waterproof seat cover! (Incontinence hasn't
set in yet.)

I have one of these on one saddle:
https://www.amazon.com/Raleigh-Prote.../dp/B003RLCDC2
But it's just because I love the saddle, even though it's looking grungy
with a couple of rips.

I don't know if that cover is waterproof (say, for parking the bike
outdoors) but I suppose you could add a plastic bag between it and the
saddle.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 18th 18, 07:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 12:23:57 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for a waterproof bicycle seat cover.

Plastic food wrap, also known as Seran Wrap:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=plastic+food+wrap&oq=plastic+foo d+wrap
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_wrap

I will be riding with it, so it needs to be sturdy.

Take the roll with you. When you destroy one layer, remove it, toss
it, and replace with a new layer. I use 2 layers which seems to help
keep it in one piece. I don't ride in the rain often, so my testing
and experience are minimal.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old January 18th 18, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 1:31:31 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/17/2018 3:23 PM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a waterproof bicycle seat cover.

I will be riding with it, so it needs to be sturdy.

When I'm riding, _I'm_ the waterproof seat cover! (Incontinence hasn't
set in yet.)

Thank you for sharing! I ride plastic saddles. I had mold fur growing on an old Ideal leather saddle on a bike I stored in my somewhat moist garage (good roof, but water would blow in when the door was open, water tracked in, snow melt off car, etc.) Leather is not great in persistently wet environments. It's do-able, but to me, not worth the effort. I've always preferred plastic. I don't bother with covers on plastic saddles.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 18th 18, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/17/2018 3:23 PM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a waterproof bicycle seat cover.

I will be riding with it, so it needs to be sturdy.

When I'm riding, _I'm_ the waterproof seat cover! (Incontinence hasn't
set in yet.)

Thank you for sharing! I ride plastic saddles. I had mold fur growing on an old Ideal leather saddle on a bike I stored in my somewhat moist garage (good roof, but water would blow in when the door was open, water tracked in, snow melt off car, etc.) Leather is not great in persistently wet environments.

Well, you are in western Oregon, where mildew is a cash crop.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 18th 18, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Spray saddle with silicone, tie bag on with bag"s handles...ride.

Cover riding bag with a fresh parking bag

A complete bag can be sewn using cardboard templates n material from Seattle Fabrics online.

Riding bag is comfortable cheap chamois ..no feeding
Old January 18th 18, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On 1/17/2018 3:23 PM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a waterproof bicycle seat cover.

I will be riding with it, so it needs to be sturdy.

When I'm riding, _I'm_ the waterproof seat cover! (Incontinence hasn't
set in yet.)

Thank you for sharing! I ride plastic saddles. I had mold fur growing on an old Ideal leather saddle on a bike I stored in my somewhat moist garage (good roof, but water would blow in when the door was open, water tracked in, snow melt off car, etc.) Leather is not great in persistently wet environments.

Well, you are in western Oregon, where mildew is a cash crop.

Among other crops. https://pedalbiketours.com/pedal-rol...tland-pot-tour

Fresh mollusc, too. https://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/20...ver/aceb7f.jpg

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 18th 18, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 11:15:41 -0800 (PST), jbeattie
wrote:

Fresh mollusc, too. https://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/20...ver/aceb7f.jpg
-- Jay Beattie.

The local multiversity worships the banana slug:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=banana+slug+ucsc

I've been assured that Slime tire tube sealant is not made from banana
slugs:
https://shop.slime.com/collections/tube-and-tubeless-sealants

Old January 18th 18, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Nothing like bag of mood elevators n a Ducati
Old January 18th 18, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/17/2018 3:23 PM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a waterproof bicycle seat cover.

I will be riding with it, so it needs to be sturdy.

When I'm riding, _I'm_ the waterproof seat cover! (Incontinence hasn't
set in yet.)

Thank you for sharing! I ride plastic saddles. I had mold fur growing on an old Ideal leather saddle on a bike I stored in my somewhat moist garage (good roof, but water would blow in when the door was open, water tracked in, snow melt off car, etc.) Leather is not great in persistently wet environments.

Well, you are in western Oregon, where mildew is a cash crop.

Among other crops. https://pedalbiketours.com/pedal-rol...tland-pot-tour

Fresh mollusc, too. https://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/20...ver/aceb7f.jpg

Looks yummy! Would you say it's more of a banana flavor, or more lemony?

And how much of the first link would it take to make you find out?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Gel Bicycle Seat Cover - Any Good ??? [email protected]> General 20 August 4th 05 08:36 PM
Seat Cover UniFanatic03 Unicycling 7 June 26th 05 02:51 PM
FS Gel Seat Cover [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 13th 05 08:43 AM
Miyata Seat + KH Seat Cover = massive frustration mscalisi Unicycling 4 January 2nd 04 07:05 PM
Air seat cover unarueda Unicycling 4 November 1st 03 06:17 AM