Nitto #177 "Noodle"

Old April 5th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Nitto #177 "Noodle"

Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
review for those who might be interested.

http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm

-nate

Old April 6th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Llatikcuf wrote:
Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
review for those who might be interested.

http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm

Nate,

How do the bars feel when you ride on the tops (if you ever do)? It's
hard to tell how pronounced that initial curve is, but doesn't seem
ergonomic. Granted, you may just ride on the hoods and drops, in which
case it's not an issue.
\\paul
Old April 6th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Llatikcuf" wrote in message
oups.com...
Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
review for those who might be interested.

http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm

Nice pics! What size did you get? I've been riding 46cm Noodles for about
the last 6 months and I love them. I actually have the ramps tilted up about
2 degrees for the bullhorn effect. Lots and lots of comfortable hand
positions, but my favorite is on the ramps.

A well-thought-out, beautifully crafted piece of hardware.

-Hank

Old April 6th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Paul Hobson" wrote in message
Llatikcuf wrote:
Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
review for those who might be interested.

http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm

Nate,

How do the bars feel when you ride on the tops (if you ever do)? It's
hard to tell how pronounced that initial curve is, but doesn't seem
ergonomic. Granted, you may just ride on the hoods and drops, in which
case it's not an issue.
\\paul

I ride the tops all the time, in fact I got some inline cheater levers so I
could brake from up there. The bars actually go through the valley of your
palms. I know there's a nerve there, but I've experienced zero numbness from
that hand position.

-Hank

Old April 6th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Paul Hobson wrote:
Llatikcuf wrote:
Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
review for those who might be interested.

http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm

Nate,

How do the bars feel when you ride on the tops (if you ever do)? It's
hard to tell how pronounced that initial curve is, but doesn't seem
ergonomic. Granted, you may just ride on the hoods and drops, in which
case it's not an issue.
\\paul

They feel good! They are curved like mountain bars, more natural
feeling. I don't ride with my hands there much, but I do like to ride
with my hands open, palms on the curve of the bar. I really like this
bar. Rivendell has a better pictu

http://www.rivbike.com/images/catpics/16-111.jpg

-nate

Old April 6th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Hank Wirtz wrote:
"Llatikcuf" wrote in message
oups.com...
Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
review for those who might be interested.

http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm

Nice pics! What size did you get? I've been riding 46cm Noodles for about
the last 6 months and I love them. I actually have the ramps tilted up about
2 degrees for the bullhorn effect. Lots and lots of comfortable hand
positions, but my favorite is on the ramps.

A well-thought-out, beautifully crafted piece of hardware.

I got a 44, that's what I have always ridden. I would have to go and
try a 46 before I slap the cash down.

-nate

Old April 6th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

snippage of Nitto Noodle discussion

Ya know, I know this bar is kinda neo-retro with a twist and I love the
flat tops at the brifteur attachment point but I just can't get
comfortable with the classic round bend. Too much pressure on the
outside edges of my palm when not at the very bottom of the bar.

Do they make an "anatomic" version?

D'ohBoy

Old April 6th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

D'ohBoy wrote:
snippage of Nitto Noodle discussion

Ya know, I know this bar is kinda neo-retro with a twist and I love the
flat tops at the brifteur attachment point but I just can't get
comfortable with the classic round bend. Too much pressure on the
outside edges of my palm when not at the very bottom of the bar.

Do they make an "anatomic" version?

TTT Morphe. Still available.

D'ohBoy

Old April 7th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have the 48 cm version of these bars on two of my bikes. They are
easily the most comfortable bars I have ever ridden. Great bars.

They make a 48cm? Damn, I bought my 46cm Salsas without doing enough
research first. If I had seen these in a 48 I would have bought them.

Greg

FA: Nitto Stem & Bars Jack Marketplace 0 December 31st 05 11:19 PM
WANTED TO TRADE: Nitto 25.4 for your Nitto 26.0 Technomics stem mstuartev Marketplace 0 September 29th 05 12:21 AM
FS: Nitto bars and stem Andrew Karre Marketplace 0 August 3rd 05 02:58 PM
FS: Seatpost 27.2 x220 Specialized - Nitto Crystal Fellow - Tee Marketplace 0 March 5th 05 02:42 PM
#1 Online Racing game for Pc 4 Free! is Nitto 1320/ Get it NOW www.NittoLive.info Racing 0 December 19th 04 06:54 AM