[OT] Speed of Light

Old November 24th 11, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

Default Speed of Light

On Nov 21, 9:28*am, atriage wrote:
On 21/11/2011 09:25, Simply Fred wrote:

atriage wrote:
Well yeah except that neutrinos have mass so we are not talking about
just information, we are talking about something with actual mass that
*appears* to be able to travel c.

That can't be possible. Nothing is supposed to have more mass that a fully
kitted out FM.

Not much danger of one of them varmints exceeding c though.

--

I have a buddy who has a Litespeed. When I overtake him I'm going
faster than litespeed
Old November 24th 11, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

On Nov 23, 8:10*am, Uncle Dave wrote:
On 22/11/2011 21:26, Phil H wrote:

Phil 'I give a ****' H

Good for you! *I suspect you might still be relatively young. *You'll
learn ;-)

UD

61 next month........it's too late for me to not give a ****. I missed
that boat.
Phil H
Old November 24th 11, 10:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 24/11/2011 02:52, Phil H wrote:
On Nov 23, 8:10 am, Uncle wrote:
On 22/11/2011 21:26, Phil H wrote:

Phil 'I give a ****' H

Good for you! I suspect you might still be relatively young. You'll
learn ;-)

UD

61 next month........it's too late for me to not give a ****. I missed
that boat.
Phil H

Just a whipper snapper, UD thinks 'changing gear' means getting off and
reversing the back wheel.

Old November 24th 11, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On Nov 23, 8:10 am, Uncle wrote:
On 22/11/2011 21:26, Phil H wrote:

Phil 'I give a ****' H

Good for you! I suspect you might still be relatively young. You'll
learn ;-)

UD

61 next month........it's too late for me to not give a ****. I missed
that boat.
Phil H

Just a whipper snapper, UD thinks 'changing gear' means getting off and
reversing the back wheel.

When I started we never had any of this pedals and chains nonsense,
though we did have wheels. We used to propel ourselves with our feet
which is how mankind is supposed to travel...

UD
Old November 24th 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

On Nov 23, 8:10 am, Uncle wrote:
On 22/11/2011 21:26, Phil H wrote:

Phil 'I give a ****' H

Good for you! I suspect you might still be relatively young. You'll
learn ;-)

UD

61 next month........it's too late for me to not give a ****. I missed
that boat.
Phil H

Just a whipper snapper, UD thinks 'changing gear' means getting off and
reversing the back wheel.

When I started we never had any of this pedals and chains nonsense,
though we did have wheels. We used to propel ourselves with our feet
which is how mankind is supposed to travel...

Obviating the need for compression hose.

--
Old Fritz
Old November 24th 11, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On Nov 23, 8:10 am, Uncle wrote:
On 22/11/2011 21:26, Phil H wrote:

Phil 'I give a ****' H

Good for you! I suspect you might still be relatively young. You'll
learn ;-)

UD

61 next month........it's too late for me to not give a ****. I missed
that boat.
Phil H

Just a whipper snapper, UD thinks 'changing gear' means getting off and
reversing the back wheel.

When I started we never had any of this pedals and chains nonsense, though we
did have wheels. We used to propel ourselves with our feet which is how mankind
is supposed to travel...

Always amazes me how you used to get round corners with ginourmous wheel at the
front.

Old November 24th 11, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 24/11/2011 19:05, Frederick the Great wrote:

On Nov 23, 8:10 am, Uncle wrote:
On 22/11/2011 21:26, Phil H wrote:

Phil 'I give a ****' H

Good for you! I suspect you might still be relatively young. You'll
learn ;-)

UD

61 next month........it's too late for me to not give a ****. I missed
that boat.
Phil H

Just a whipper snapper, UD thinks 'changing gear' means getting off and
reversing the back wheel.

When I started we never had any of this pedals and chains nonsense,
though we did have wheels. We used to propel ourselves with our feet
which is how mankind is supposed to travel...

Obviating the need for compression hose.

Yeah but they used to wear cleats out at hellava rate.

Old November 24th 11, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Nov 23, 8:10 am, Uncle wrote:
On 22/11/2011 21:26, Phil H wrote:

Phil 'I give a ****' H

Good for you! I suspect you might still be relatively young. You'll
learn ;-)

UD

61 next month........it's too late for me to not give a ****. I missed
that boat.
Phil H

Just a whipper snapper, UD thinks 'changing gear' means getting off and
reversing the back wheel.

When I started we never had any of this pedals and chains nonsense, though we
did have wheels. We used to propel ourselves with our feet which is how mankind
is supposed to travel...

Always amazes me how you used to get round corners with ginourmous wheel at the
front.

'Twas even harder earlier when the wheels were square,
before we learned how to make round ones.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Dumbasses everywhere
(except the Canadians).

Fredmaster Ben

Old November 24th 11, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On Nov 23, 8:10 am, Uncle wrote:
On 22/11/2011 21:26, Phil H wrote:

Phil 'I give a ****' H

Good for you! I suspect you might still be relatively young. You'll
learn ;-)

UD

61 next month........it's too late for me to not give a ****. I missed
that boat.
Phil H

Just a whipper snapper, UD thinks 'changing gear' means getting off and
reversing the back wheel.

When I started we never had any of this pedals and chains nonsense,
though we
did have wheels. We used to propel ourselves with our feet which is
how mankind
is supposed to travel...

Always amazes me how you used to get round corners with ginourmous wheel
at the front.

I didn't mean one of those modern contraptions, I meant one of these -
http://www.philaprintshop.com/images/velocipede.jpg.

Ah, halcyon days of yore.

UD
Old November 24th 11, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On Nov 23, 8:10 am, Uncle wrote:
[...]

That's non-UCI legal, where's Pat McQuaid when you need him?

The Speed of Light [email protected] General 42 May 2nd 07 04:50 PM
does a light bike equal more speed for a heavy rider? [email protected] UK 47 October 19th 06 05:13 PM
High-end Single Speed Mt. Bike - Ventana "El Toro" - Super Light! ClimbTheMtns Marketplace 0 April 30th 06 05:02 PM
Speed of light cycling elyob UK 20 May 19th 05 01:59 PM
Polar Power: Cadence light works, no data to monitor (Speed works) Andrew F Martin Techniques 9 February 20th 05 06:24 AM