OT. Resident Troll can't tell a bicycle group from a political group

Old September 13th 19, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default OT. Resident Troll can't tell a bicycle group from a political group

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 03:28:24 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 10:56:57 AM UTC+1, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
It's really sad that one of our Resident Trolls can't even tell
a bicycle group from a political group. But I guess that's exactly what makes him a Troll.

Is there one "troll" or many, Rideablot?

Many, but that's no excuse for you to be one. The distinction between
the common every day troll and what you're doing is in how the
discussion is initiated. Most of the time, a discussion starts with a
question or statement involving bicycling. The topic continues for
perhaps two or three back and forths until someone mentions one of the
unrelated hot topics (politics, elections, beer, food, global warming,
etc). The discussion never returns to the original topic. The
distinction between the common every day troll and what you are doing
is that you initiate the discussion with an off topic attention
grabbing rant. Diverting a bicycling discussion into politics is
somewhat excusable, since very few participants in rec.bicycles.tech
are able to resist, and it does reduce the number of political
discussions. Starting an off topic political rant with the usual
inflammatory statements is not excusable.

http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/genesis.txt

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old September 13th 19, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

[...]

However if people just ignored the Trolls and never responded to them the Trolls would most likely move on to other newsgroups or forums where they'd get more attention.

Cheers
Old September 14th 19, 10:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Surprised to discover you keeping company with this scum, Jeff. Mind their slime doesn't rub off on you.

Given the inevitability of political discussion, I would have thought the useless jerks in this thread should be grateful that I've clearly labelled political threads so that they can avoid them. As it is, I'll just add the fact that they're ingrates to the ****storm of their shortcomings. I'm not responsible for worthless monkeys lacerating themselves on my posts. Worse, these jerks seek out my posts merely to complain: if I say the sun shines outside my window, they'll start a fire about it so they can blow smoke. It's how these wizened little old no-hopers catch their cheap thrills. Their only redeeming feature is that I win bets on what they will say next, from professional peers, who absolutely cannot believe that people will let their pointless petty hatreds hang out so in public.

FYI, I'm interested in the justification (and legal obfuscations) that a progressive like Jay brings to the current self-immolation of the Democrat Party, and what Andrew thinks from the opposing side. The clowns in this thread have nothing original to contribute to understanding except stale street corner gossip; they're no loss, and they know I know it, which accounts for them trying to boost their relevance in threads like this one.

Be happy you were born with brains and judgement.

Andre Jute
Meanwhile, back at my online motivation lab...