urc's resident "troll feeder"

Old January 26th 09, 03:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

Default urc's resident "troll feeder"

After over 45 posts in the last 4 days I confess to having consigned "Just
this guy" yet again to my "killfile". His endless drivelling responses label
him as much of a "troll" as "judith" / "nuxx" ( in his/her countless
aliases) and he has finally joined that select band of permanent residents.

It would seem to be a good idea that he actually gets on his bike instead of
his "high horse" for a change.

I shall be subjected to flames I know, but he, above all others, bears a large
responsibility for dragging this NG back into the mire.

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old January 26th 09, 06:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Jan 26, 2:13*am, "Trevor A Panther"
wrote:
After over 45 posts in the last 4 days I confess to having consigned "Just
this guy" yet again to my "killfile". His endless drivelling responses label
him as much of a "troll" *as *"judith" / "nuxx" ( in his/her countless
aliases) and he has finally joined that select band of permanent residents.

Are you suggesting that Judith and I are the same person? If so,
you're not exactly the sharpest tool in the box, are you? Do you
think that by giving yourself a pompous avatar, you'll persuade people
that you must be automatically right about everything?

You are right, however, that Crapman is a ****wit and is more
responsible than anyone for the state of URC. It's high time that he
and his motorist-hating sycophants stopped using this group as a
platform for their warped anti-car views. The murderer Crapman has
even resorted to attempting to censor discussions about the efficacy
of speed cameras by deliberately stirring it when everyone is getting
along fine and having an adult debate (without him of course), such is
his fear that the truth will emerge if he doesn't (cf the recent 100+-
post thread started by me, where *every* post was a positive and
worthwhile contribution to the discussion - except his one).
Newsgroups are supposed to be about debate and discussion, yet he
wishes to suppress the "wrong" kinds of debate and discussion, and
even when he deigns to get involved in a debate, his infamous and
sneering "style" towards his opponents (not to mention his constant
and blatant dishonesty, together with his ever-present hidden agendas)
is deeply unhelpful.

I shall be subjected to flames I know, but he, above all others, bears a large
responsibility for dragging this NG back into the mire.

Actually, I think the majority here agree with you. Perhaps you and
them need to unite and tell Crapman in no uncertain terms that he's
not welcome here. But you won't, because you're scared. You know
that him, Spindrift and their posse of hate-filled psychopaths have a
track record of writing abusive letters, making bomb threats and so on
and so forth against anyone who dares to oppose them, and you don't
want to become their latest target.

Still, don't you think you ought to stand up to them and send out the
message that you will not have your rights to free speech denied by
little Bin Ladens who try to silence their opponents with fear? When
people think of cyclists, do you want them to think of lying,
murdering, car-hating terrorist wannabes, or reasonable, moderate
types who (just like most motorists) only want to be treated fairly
and reasonably, and not to be despised and discriminated against just
for choosing their particular method of transport?

Get rid of the car-hating freaks, and the "trolling" will disappear.
You know it perfectly well. "Trolls" only bother with groups which
house controversial or infamous posters in the first place, and there
would be nothing remotely controversial or infamous about this group
if only the despised motorist-haters were ousted. Why would anyone
bother "trolling" a group which was genuinely just about cycling
discussion, any more than they would bother "trolling" a group about
knitting? It would be boring. The answer to this group's problems is
always the same: get rid of the universally loathed loonies like
Chapman and Spindrift, who are only using this group to further their
own spiteful agendas anyway, and everything will be fine. Why not try
it? Nothing else has worked, has it? It's time for some realism.
You know it makes sense.
Old January 26th 09, 07:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

Trevor A Panther wrote:
After over 45 posts in the last 4 days I confess to having consigned
"Just this guy" yet again to my "killfile". His endless drivelling
his/her countless aliases) and he has finally joined that select band of
permanent residents.

It would seem to be a good idea that he actually gets on his bike
instead of his "high horse" for a change.

I shall be subjected to flames I know, but he, above all others, bears a
large responsibility for dragging this NG back into the mire.

And I thought they'd both flown south for the winter, I hadn't seen
either of them in ages. Oh well, see how it pans out.
Old January 26th 09, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 02:13:00 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
said in
:

I shall be subjected to flames I know, but he, above all others, bears a large
responsibility for dragging this NG back into the mire.

Really? Despite completely ignoring nuxxy and judith when others
are feeding them? Fascinating.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old January 26th 09, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:25:30 +0100, Tosspot
said in :

And I thought they'd both flown south for the winter, I hadn't seen
either of them in ages. Oh well, see how it pans out.

No, nuxxy is still ranting and judith is still nym-shifting like
crazy, and a few people (not me) are responding to both.

If Trevor wants to use his killfile for argumentative people then
that's his prerogative. I know I am slow to diagnose trolls.

Old January 26th 09, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Andy Leighton

said in :

And I thought they'd both flown south for the winter, I hadn't seen
either of them in ages. Oh well, see how it pans out.

No, nuxxy is still ranting and judith is still nym-shifting like
crazy, and a few people (not me) are responding to both.

If Trevor wants to use his killfile for argumentative people then
that's his prerogative. I know I am slow to diagnose trolls.

Which is part of the problem. Do you think that Tony Dragon is a
cyclist? Or even someone who replies in a fair and even-handed
manner? Do you think you should continue to reply to him until
he joins the mono-maniacs here?

--
Andy Leighton =
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_
Old January 26th 09, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

wrote:

After over 45 posts in the last 4 days I confess to having consigned "Just
this guy" yet again to my "killfile". His endless drivelling responses label
him as much of a "troll" as "judith" / "nuxx" ( in his/her countless
aliases) and he has finally joined that select band of permanent residents.

It would seem to be a good idea that he actually gets on his bike instead of
his "high horse" for a change.

I shall be subjected to flames I know, but he, above all others, bears a large
responsibility for dragging this NG back into the mire.

I've become more aggressive in kill-filing recently. I used to find
the rantings from the likes of Nuxxy and the peurile goading from
Judith faintly amusing, but it gets boring after a while. Judith is a
bit of a challenge as she keeps nymshifting, presumably because she is
some kind of megalomaniac and can't believe people really don't want
to read what she says, but I'm winning that one just now. I've also
taken to ignoring any thread either started merely to start a fight or
hijacked by the non-cyclist wazoks. Most of the troll-responding you
are complaining about happens in such threads anyway.

Doubtless there are some here who would say that's a head-in-the-sand
attitude. They can say that if they want, most of them are kill-filed
anyway :-) It's a form of personal censorship, but no different from
choosing to buy the Sun or the Telegraph or the Guardian, for example.

And I might even get out on the bike today!
Old January 26th 09, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Dunne

Trevor A Panther wrote:
After over 45 posts in the last 4 days I confess to having consigned
"Just this guy" yet again to my "killfile". His endless drivelling
his/her countless aliases) and he has finally joined that select band of
permanent residents.

It would seem to be a good idea that he actually gets on his bike
instead of his "high horse" for a change.

I shall be subjected to flames I know, but he, above all others, bears a
large responsibility for dragging this NG back into the mire.

Guy has become an attention seeking narcissist, continually putting his
hands up and saying 'who, me?' but continues to engage is unwinnable
petty battles with obvious trolls, presumably because he sees himself as
some kind of hero.

It's not big, it's not clever, and it's making URC unpleasant for the
rest of us. Like you, I just wish he'd **** off out on his bike for a
bit and get a sense of perspective, before doing the decent thing and
confining his posting to matters cycling...

Tim

--
My hearts numbered beat | Greetings from Birmingham, UK
Still echoes in this empty room |All about me: www.nervouscyclist.org
Old January 26th 09, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

On Mon, 26 Jan, Peter Grange wrote:

Judith is a bit of a challenge as she keeps nymshifting, presumably
because she is some kind of megalomaniac and can't believe people
really don't want to read what she says

No, it's just because she's a destructive troll who has no goal at all
other than to destroy this group. She has previously acknowledged
that repeated nym-shifting is a key indicator of a troll. She meets
even her own definition.

One should probably feel pity for someone to whom such petty
vindictiveness is a worthwhile goal, but actually, I think she's sunk
below the level where I can even muster that much empathy. She's just
an annoyance you have to live with - like the need to wipe your
backside after you crap, removing the spew from judith is something
that you simply do to get on with life. You don't derive pleasure
from wiping your arse, but it doesn't really detriment your life
either - just do it and forget it.

Except Guy, of course, he likes to play with it then act surprised
when some sticks and he gets shunned too.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old January 26th 09, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

said in :

And I thought they'd both flown south for the winter, I hadn't seen
either of them in ages. Oh well, see how it pans out.

No, nuxxy is still ranting and judith is still nym-shifting like
crazy, and a few people (not me) are responding to both.

If Trevor wants to use his killfile for argumentative people then
that's his prerogative. I know I am slow to diagnose trolls.

Guy

"slow to diagnose trolls"

You are just slow - full stop.

Any chance of coming clean over the question:

Do you think that as a pedestrian you are more likely to be hit by a
bike being intentionally ridden along the path than you are by a car
being intentionally driven along the path?

judith

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy