Why is hi-vis clothing easier to see? What’s so special about the colour?

Old August 31st 19, 09:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Why is hi-vis clothing easier to see? What's so special about the colour?

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 20:56:41 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 20:19:57 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 01:31:58 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 21:09:53 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news although I can't remember the last time I saw an orange.

Then you need to get out more. It varys by industry too. some
like the railways have their own colors for various reasons.

Ah, I do remember orange at a level crossing.

Yeah, that's the most obvious example.

Why do railways need different colours?

So they can easily work out who does what job etc.

They're all orange, every last one of them.

**** off Hucker. Your latest trolling has done very well, now just
**** off and die.

Killfile too complicated for your little brain is it?

I don't use it. Just **** off.

Old August 31st 19, 09:52 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Rod Speed

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 05:29:07 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 22:38:57 +0100, Max Demian

wrote:

On 27/08/2019 17:25, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 17:13:18 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
wrote:

On 8/27/2019 9:03 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why is hi-vis clothing easier to see? What’s so special about
the
colour?

Color, you ignorant limey.

So why isn't red, yellow, etc as easy to see? If you wear a
bright
red
tshirt, you aren't as visible as wearing a hi-vis jacket. Does
it
convert all the wavelengths into one or something?

It's fluorescent. It converts ultraviolet (especially prevalent
in
the
dusk) into visible light.

I never realised this - there's more UV at dusk?

Yep, because the sunlight is going thru a lot more air
and dust etc in the air and UV gets thru that better
than the longer wavelength light. That’s why sunsets
are red, the red light is reflected off the crap in the air.

Isn't it to do with diffraction and refraction?

Yes but that’s just different words for the same thing.

No,

Yep.

No.

Yep

Diffraction is light encountering an obstacle, like the edge of a
planet:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffraction

That’s just one form of diffraction.

Refraction is light encountering a different medium, like going from the
air into a lake: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refraction

That’s just one form of refraction.

They're different things entirely,

They are irrelevant to what we were discussing;.

go read Physics 101.

Go and **** yourself, again.

one is bending round corners, eg long wave radio goes further as it
can
go over mountains.

That’s not what is involved in there being more UV at sunset.

The other is bending when it goes into another medium, eg shining a
torch into water.

That’s not what is involved in there being more UV at sunset.

One bends high frequencies more, the other bends low frequencies more.

More UV at sunset isnt about bending.

You said above: "That’s why sunsets are red, the red light is reflected
off the crap in the air."

Because that is the reason for more UV at sunset.

That would make more red, duh.

Wrong, as always. The red is initially coming from the sun.
When some of that is reflected back towards the sun and well
away from the individual, that’s less at the individual, stupid.

But er.... we see sunsets as red, which means the red end of the
spectrum
must be reaching our eyes more than the blue end.

Wrong, as always. We see sunsets as red because the sky
around the setting sun is red because of the red being
reflected off what is in the sky around the setting sun.

It reflects into our eyes,

And to a lot more than just our eyes, stupid.

that's why we see it, therefore the red is reaching us, and also any
hi-vis jackets.

Only a small subset of it is. Whereas much more of the UV which isnt
reflected so much, gets to our eyes and our hi vis jackets, stupid.

If the blue end (including UV) was reflected more, sunsets would be blue.

Duh.

I guess it's to do with diffraction of sunlight at the horizon?

More the much longer amount of air in the path between
the sun and you.

Presumably mainly available in certain colours.

Why are they always yellow or green?

They arent normally green and plenty are orange/reddish.

Almost every one I see nowadays is yellow.

Then you need to get out more.

I have no desire to see more health and softy bull****.

It isnt H&S bull****.

That's what hivis is all about - ****ing safety.

Its also about who works for the railways
etc with the different color for them etc.

Same with the cops and paramedics and fireys
etc at car crashes etc, helps to be able to see
who is who quickly at the scene.

They tend to have "FIRE" written on them.

Not on the sides they don’t.

In the case of railway workers, there are only railway workers.

Wrong, as always.

And what's with the different sirens for police, fire, ambulance, I doubt
anyone knows which is which,

Those in them obviously do.

especially since they've all started using about three different wails
when one doesn't get the morons out of their way.

A google image search shows 75% yellow and 25% orange,

Its nothing like a representative sample of whats seen in the real
world.

A google search is very representative.

Google image results arent.

Same coding.

Nope.

Prove it.

Do a search with a unique keyword and see
the different result with all and images, stupid.

There's no reason it wouldn't be.

Wrong, as always.

although I can't remember the last time I saw an orange.

Then you need to get out more. It varys by industry too. some
like the railways have their own colors for various reasons.

Ah, I do remember orange at a level crossing.

Yeah, that’s the most obvious example.

Why do railways need different colours?

So they can easily work out who does what job etc.

They're all orange, every last one of them.

Wrong, as always. Just saw a pile in Aldi yesterday,
both yellow and orange.

Old August 31st 19, 09:53 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Commander Kinsey

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news although I can't remember the last time I saw an orange.

Then you need to get out more. It varys by industry too. some
like the railways have their own colors for various reasons.

Ah, I do remember orange at a level crossing.

Yeah, that's the most obvious example.

Why do railways need different colours?

So they can easily work out who does what job etc.

They're all orange, every last one of them.

**** off Hucker. Your latest trolling has done very well, now just
**** off and die.

Killfile too complicated for your little brain is it?

I don't use it. Just **** off.

No. You want me to go away, learn to use your antique Windows XP contraption correctly. I had a killfile back in 1995.
Old September 1st 19, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 20:40:26 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 20:56:41 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:

[]

**** off Hucker. Your latest trolling has done very well, now just
**** off and die.

Killfile too complicated for your little brain is it?

I don't use it. Just **** off.

Idiot troll feeder yourself.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old September 1st 19, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 20:56:41 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:

[]

**** off Hucker. Your latest trolling has done very well, now just
**** off and die.

Killfile too complicated for your little brain is it?

I don't use it. Just **** off.

Idiot troll feeder yourself.

I did not feed Hucker. I told the sad, life long failure to **** off. Spot
the difference?

Old September 1st 19, 11:41 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

That's just one form or refraction.

They're different things entirely, go read Physics 101.

[...]

It reflects into our eyes, that's why we see it, therefore the red is
reaching us, and also any hi-vis jackets. If the blue end (including
UV) was reflected more, sunsets would be blue.
I guess it's to do with diffraction of sunlight at the
horizon?

More the much longer amount of air in the path between
the sun and you.

Presumably mainly available in certain colours.

Why are they always yellow or green?

They arent normally green and plenty are orange/reddish.

Almost every one I see nowadays is yellow.

Then you need to get out more.

I have no desire to see more health and softy bull****.

It isnt H&S bull****.

That's what hivis is all about - ****ing safety.

Its also about who works for the railways
etc with the different color for them etc.

Same with the cops and paramedics and fireys
etc at car crashes etc, helps to be able to see
who is who quickly at the scene.

They tend to have "FIRE" written on them. In the case of railway
workers, there are only railway workers. And what's with the
different sirens for police, fire, ambulance, I doubt anyone knows
which is which, especially since they've all started using about
three different wails when one doesn't get the morons out of their
way.
A google image search shows 75% yellow and 25% orange,

Its nothing like a representative sample of whats seen in the
real world.

A google search is very representative.

Google image results arent.

Same coding.

Nope.

Prove it. There's no reason it wouldn't be.

although I can't remember the last time I saw an orange.

Then you need to get out more. It varys by industry too. some
like the railways have their own colors for various reasons.

Ah, I do remember orange at a level crossing.

Yeah, that's the most obvious example.

Why do railways need different colours?

So they can easily work out who does what job etc.

They're all orange, every last one of them.

**** off Hucker. Your latest trolling has done very well, now just **** off
and die.

Yes he is a real stench, and revulsion is he not?
Old September 1st 19, 11:42 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news although I can't remember the last time I saw an orange.

Then you need to get out more. It varys by industry too. some
like the railways have their own colors for various reasons.

Ah, I do remember orange at a level crossing.

Yeah, that's the most obvious example.

Why do railways need different colours?

So they can easily work out who does what job etc.

They're all orange, every last one of them.

**** off Hucker. Your latest trolling has done very well, now just
**** off and die.

Killfile too complicated for your little brain is it?

I don't use it. Just **** off.

Sen Phucker is a real ratbag and a squeaking rat.
Old September 1st 19, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 20:56:41 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:

[]

**** off Hucker. Your latest trolling has done very well, now just
**** off and die.

Killfile too complicated for your little brain is it?

I don't use it. Just **** off.

Idiot troll feeder yourself.

I did not feed Hucker. I told the sad, life long failure to **** off. Spot
the difference?

Sad long life failure Hucker is a real total moron.
Old September 1st 19, 11:45 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default FLUSH another 231 !!! Lines of the Two Prize Idiots' EndlessTroll****!

On 01/09/2019 10:03, The Peeler wrote:
...and nothing's left!

And true, Uncle Peter is a mistake of nature.
Old September 1st 19, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 20:56:41 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:

[]

**** off Hucker. Your latest trolling has done very well, now just
**** off and die.

Killfile too complicated for your little brain is it?

I don't use it. Just **** off.

Idiot troll feeder yourself.

I did not feed Hucker. I told the sad, life long failure to **** off.
Spot the difference?

Not really; you xposted abuse, no diff. [c.f. Pot v. Kettle]

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

SPECIAL PRICE Pro Team Clothing [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 3rd 07 08:16 AM
Special Price Clothing - Professional Team lunar Marketplace 0 December 22nd 06 02:48 PM
what colour? Butty Unicycling 1 August 15th 05 01:40 PM
what colour? Smilymarco Unicycling 0 August 15th 05 01:38 PM
Uni colour heavy metal unicycling Unicycling 47 June 9th 05 10:30 PM