Cateye Adventure Wireless Speedo with Altimeter

Old August 18th 19, 06:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default Cateye Adventure Wireless Speedo with Altimeter

Somehow I lost the link from the transmitter unit to the head. Now I find that I have at least two transmitter units and neither of them connect to the head unit. I vaguely remember that there was a process you had to go through to mate the transmitter to the head unit but can't find the manual now and can't find anything on the web.

Does anyone know or remember how this is done?
Old August 18th 19, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 8/18/2019 1:17 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
Somehow I lost the link from the transmitter unit to the head. Now I find that I have at least two transmitter units and neither of them connect to the head unit. I vaguely remember that there was a process you had to go through to mate the transmitter to the head unit but can't find the manual now and can't find anything on the web.

Does anyone know or remember how this is done?

I generally do it by taking the brand manual for any new device and
putting it in the file folder labeled "Manuals" in my filing cabinet.

But I guess it's too late for that now. Sorry.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old August 18th 19, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Earls61[_2_]

https://www.cateye.com/intl/support/...W_ENG%20v4.pdf

Is this the one?
Old August 19th 19, 12:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 3:46:42 PM UTC-7, Earls61 wrote:
https://www.cateye.com/intl/support/...W_ENG%20v4.pdf

Is this the one?

That is exactly it. It doesn't quite operate the way they describe but close enough for government work. I finally have it working. Thanks a million.

The trick is that you have to run through the entire RESET process and then when you're holding the reset button on the transmitter down nothing will happen until you release the reset. THEN the CLOCK set function appears.

I was trying to set it up without starting at the top.
Old August 19th 19, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 10:17:10 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Somehow I lost the link from the transmitter unit to the head. Now I find that I have at least two transmitter units and neither of them connect to the head unit. I vaguely remember that there was a process you had to go through to mate the transmitter to the head unit but can't find the manual now and can't find anything on the web.

Does anyone know or remember how this is done?

It helps if you disclose the Cateye model. Not all of them use the
same procedure. The process is called "pairing". If you Google
search for "Cateye [insert_model_name_here] pairing", you should get
the instruction sheet. Otherwise, grove through this mess for your
unspecified model:
https://www.google.com/search?q=cateye+pairing&oq=cateye+pairing

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old August 19th 19, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

I did -the Cateye Adventure.
Old August 19th 19, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

wrote:

Somehow I lost the link from the transmitter unit to the head. Now I find that I have at least two transmitter units and neither of them connect to the head unit. I vaguely remember that there was a process you had to go through to mate the transmitter to the head unit but can't find the manual now and can't find anything on the web.

Does anyone know or remember how this is done?

It helps if you disclose the Cateye model. Not all of them use the
same procedure. The process is called "pairing". If you Google
search for "Cateye [insert_model_name_here] pairing", you should get
the instruction sheet. Otherwise, grove through this mess for your
unspecified model:
https://www.google.com/search?q=cateye+pairing&oq=cateye+pairing

I did -the Cateye Adventure.

Sorry. I missed it in the subject line. I usually don't read the
subject line because it usually has nothing to do with the question or
content.

Here's the 22MByte quick start guide for the CC-AT200W:
https://www.cateye.com/files/manual_dl/0/30/CC-AT200W_QS-m_ENG_v1.pdf
Pairing the sensor is on Pg 30 and is in the form of a movie. My PDF
viewer (PDF X-Change) won't play the movie.

Here's the English manual, which describes the pairing process without
a movie:
https://www.cateye.com/intl/support/manual/data/doc/CC-AT200W_ENG%20v4.pdf

Good luck.