USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

Old December 20th 03, 02:40 AM
anonymous

Default USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

Looks like usps will be riding Decathlon bikes with Campy this year:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...southbank/D59A
5066
Old December 20th 03, 03:15 AM
Steven L. Sheffield

On 12/19/2003 06:40 PM, in article
, "anonymous"
wrote:

Looks like usps will be riding Decathlon bikes with Campy this year:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...southbank/D59A
5066

Matt is changing teams (to Cofidis) for next year ... Could be he's already
returned his Trek to USPS and has received his new bike from Cofidis, but
still has to race in USPS colors until 1 January.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old December 20th 03, 03:17 AM
Jiyang Chen

That's unfortunate for Trek. Lance Armstrong is the main reason why Trek is
such a popular brand among recreational riders. W/out Lance they will lose
a big share of the business.

Old December 20th 03, 06:19 AM
Glhudson1

Looks like usps will be riding Decathlon bikes with Campy this year:

i think that is matt white's new cofidis team bike for the '04 year.

gary
Old December 20th 03, 09:56 AM
Time Cop

Where's the pics at this link?

Old December 20th 03, 03:13 PM
Callistus Valerius

Default trek 5200 for sale

My Trek 5200 is now for sale. Where do you buy Decathlon bikes?

Old December 20th 03, 04:28 PM
chris

I would have to agree. There's no way trek would lose Armstrong this
late in the game; same goes for shimano, who hadn't won a tour before
Armstrong and just totally redesigned the their levers based on his
input. It just ain't going to happen. Trek also has a relationship
with the US postal service.

CH

Old December 20th 03, 11:47 PM
Andre

The link word wrapped. You'll have to paste the portion that wrapped to the
next line.

--
--------------------------
Andre Charlebois
"Time Cop" wrote in message
r.com...
Where's the pics at this link?

Old December 21st 03, 04:17 AM
Colin Campbell

Time Cop wrote:

Where's the pics at this link?

--

The last 4 characters of the link were "broken", and appear on the next
line. You'll have to add them to see the picture.

Old December 21st 03, 04:41 AM
Colin Campbell

Callistus Valerius wrote:

My Trek 5200 is now for sale. Where do you buy Decathlon bikes?

En la Belle France, je croix.

Actually, you can Google on "Decathlon bicycles" can find that there is
a US marketing organization.

But, don't sell the Trek just yet. The worst I've heard about the Trek
- USPS relationship is that Trek will no longer put the USPS decal on
their bikes, because the Postal biggies want too much for each decal.
That's what my dealer told me last summer when I bought my 5200 (now
magically transformed to at least a 5600 by the application of my Record
gruppo, Mavic wheels, Michelin tires, Flite saddle, etc.).

Trek 820 vs. Fuji Boulevard Jim_Bowman_007 Mountain Biking 8 July 9th 04 03:50 AM
Klein vs. Trek Lester Long Racing 22 September 29th 03 06:47 PM
New (2004) Trek 1200 Howard Slomer General 2 August 10th 03 01:20 AM