Rock n Roll

Old June 20th 17, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Rock n Roll

On 2017-06-19 16:04, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 1:23:41 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote:

And yes, it does take less than a minute even if Frank won't believe it.

Two dabs per second for the entire chain? Yes, I won't believe it, unless you
post a video. Sorry for the skepticism.

sigh

Can't do videos. Let me explain the wonderful workings of a Q-Tip. You
shake the White Lightning bottle a couple of seconds, spritz the usual
dose into a shotglass. Then you dip one side of the Q-Tip into the fluid
and gently stroke along 5-7 links of the chain, with slight overlap.
Lower run, so the lube goes on the rollers where they run inside.
Simultaneously you can hold a piece of folded Kleenex between middle and
ring finger that glides along the underside of the chain to catch
possible drippings. Repeat that 18-20 times while backpedaling the crank
at equal speed. Done.

It is advisable not to use a shotglass that is still in use for its
intended purpose ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old June 20th 17, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 6/18/17 9:54 AM, Joerg wrote:

snip

The actual lube job took less than a minute.

Not bad, but lubing with foaming chain lube takes about half that time.
Old June 20th 17, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2017-06-19 16:04, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 1:23:41 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote:

And yes, it does take less than a minute even if Frank won't believe it.

Two dabs per second for the entire chain? Yes, I won't believe it,
unless you
post a video. Sorry for the skepticism.

sigh

Can't do videos. Let me explain the wonderful workings of a Q-Tip. You
shake the White Lightning bottle a couple of seconds, spritz the usual
dose into a shotglass. Then you dip one side of the Q-Tip into the fluid
and gently stroke along 5-7 links of the chain, with slight overlap.

Ah. IOW, you smear it on the entire chain working five to seven links
at a time.

That seems significantly different than what you described befo "I
apply lube to each link using a Q-Tip... [i] dab it on."

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 20th 17, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

[i]
That seems significantly different than what you described befo "I
apply lube to each link using a Q-Tip... dab it on."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6F4GtyRfto
Old June 20th 17, 11:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
dave[_3_]

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 14:20:22 -0700, Joerg wrote:

snip

I didn't know Duct Tape was for cleaning ears.

It's too painful :-)

It's very good for removing excess ear hair though. And cheaper than
waxing at the salon.

--
davethedave
Old June 20th 17, 02:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/19/2017 10:18 PM, Doug Landau wrote:[i]

That seems significantly different than what you described befo "I
apply lube to each link using a Q-Tip... dab it on."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6F4GtyRfto

You've convinced me.
Can't wait for the hot chicks to show up after I Q-Tip lube
my chain!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 20th 17, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-06-19 19:53, Frank Krygowski wrote:[i]
On 2017-06-19 16:04, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

For an engineer you have remarkably little imagination. A human finger
is capable of going up and down. Even two fingers holding a Q-Tip are.
Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat, like a machine gun. It's just that after 5-7
links there ain't enough juice left in the Q-Tip to go on.

Does it register now?

Old June 20th 17, 02:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-06-19 18:39, sms wrote:
On 6/18/17 9:54 AM, Joerg wrote:

snip

The actual lube job took less than a minute.

Not bad, but lubing with foaming chain lube takes about half that time.

Plus the clean-up of drippings. I am married so I've got to clean up :-)

Old June 20th 17, 02:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 8:18:27 PM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:[i]
That seems significantly different than what you described befo "I
apply lube to each link using a Q-Tip... dab it on."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6F4GtyRfto

I suppose that's what little fat, ugly boys dream about.
Old June 20th 17, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2017-06-19 16:04, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

:-) It gets better and better, Joerg.

Really, a video would be great.

--
- Frank Krygowski