Time that all vehicles have number plates and insurance

Old September 21st 19, 02:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Time that all vehicles have number plates and insurance

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 1:31:45 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

You snipped my reasonable question:

"... Are "jester" and "fool" not synonyms, then?".

Are they?
Do some research [1] and report back.

[1] You will need to go back before time immemorial.

Old September 21st 19, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 21/09/2019 04:35, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, September 20, 2019 at 3:16:40 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
Pedestrian punched and shoved into road by scum cyclist

https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/1...st-birkenhead/

More proof pedestrians should be forced to wear helmets.

Yet another stupid comment by the group clown.

Oh get on your bike.
Old September 21st 19, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 21/09/2019 02:10, Simon Jester wrote:

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 1:31:45 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

You snipped my reasonable question:

"... Are "jester" and "fool" not synonyms, then?".

Are they?
Do some research [1] and report back.

[1] You will need to go back before time immemorial.

You never could get into Shakespeare (for instance), could you?

Your favoured authors preffered to write about golliwogs and goblins, I
expect.

https://www.avg.com

Old September 21st 19, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 21/09/2019 12:09, JNugent wrote:
On 21/09/2019 02:10, Simon Jester wrote:

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 1:31:45 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

You snipped my reasonable question:

"... Are "jester" and "fool" not synonyms, then?".

Are they?
Do some research [1] and report back.

[1] You will need to go back before time immemorial.

You never could get into Shakespeare (for instance), could you?

Your favoured authors preffered to write about golliwogs and goblins, I
expect.

sigh

"preferred"...

https://www.avg.com

Old September 21st 19, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 12:09:37 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/09/2019 02:10, Simon Jester wrote:

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 1:31:45 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

You snipped my reasonable question:

"... Are "jester" and "fool" not synonyms, then?".

Are they?
Do some research [1] and report back.

[1] You will need to go back before time immemorial.

You never could get into Shakespeare (for instance), could you?

I have read Shakespeare and Dickens, yawn.

Your favoured authors preffered to write about golliwogs and goblins, I
expect.

I had a Golliwog instead of a Teddy Bear as a child but I preferred sci-fi until Terry Pratchett and David Eddings put pen to parchment.

How's the report on Jester vs Fool coming? I look forward to reading it.
Old September 21st 19, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 21/09/2019 17:24, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 12:09:37 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/09/2019 02:10, Simon Jester wrote:

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 1:31:45 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

You snipped my reasonable question:

"... Are "jester" and "fool" not synonyms, then?".

Are they?
Do some research [1] and report back.

[1] You will need to go back before time immemorial.

You never could get into Shakespeare (for instance), could you?

I have read Shakespeare and Dickens, yawn.

Did you leave out King lear?

Your favoured authors preffered to write about golliwogs and goblins, I
expect.

I had a Golliwog instead of a Teddy Bear as a child but I preferred sci-fi until Terry Pratchett and David Eddings put pen to parchment.

How's the report on Jester vs Fool coming? I look forward to reading it.

Try the Dramatis Personae of the play referred to above.

https://www.avg.com

Old September 21st 19, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 7:06:45 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Why should I?
You are the one who needs to provide evidence for the etymology of Fool and Jester.

Old September 22nd 19, 01:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 21/09/2019 20:12, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

Not at all. You haven't understood.

Another poster pointed out (correctly) that "fool" and "jester" are
synonyms. And they are.

You said they aren't. But you were wrong. It is up to you to show how
and why (that is, if) the other poster was wrong in remarking that the
words are synonymous.

Good luck with that.

https://www.avg.com

Old September 22nd 19, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 22/09/2019 02:19, JNugent wrote:
On 21/09/2019 12:09, JNugent wrote:
On 21/09/2019 02:10, Simon Jester wrote:

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 1:31:45 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

You snipped my reasonable question:

"... Are "jester" and "fool" not synonyms, then?".

Are they?
Do some research [1] and report back.

[1] You will need to go back before time immemorial.

You never could get into Shakespeare (for instance), could you?

Your favoured authors preffered to write about golliwogs and goblins,
I expect.

sigh

"preferred"...

No problem.
If Wm. Shaxpere could spell his name in at least 8 different ways then
you should be able to spel prefered in more than won wae ....
Old September 22nd 19, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 22/09/2019 04:24, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 12:09:37 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/09/2019 02:10, Simon Jester wrote:

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 1:31:45 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

You snipped my reasonable question:

"... Are "jester" and "fool" not synonyms, then?".

Are they?
Do some research [1] and report back.

[1] You will need to go back before time immemorial.

You never could get into Shakespeare (for instance), could you?

I have read Shakespeare and Dickens, yawn.

Your favoured authors preffered to write about golliwogs and goblins, I
expect.

I had a Golliwog instead of a Teddy Bear as a child but I preferred sci-fi until Terry Pratchett and David Eddings put pen to parchment.

How's the report on Jester vs Fool coming? I look forward to reading it.

I remember having a gollywog.
You cannot get them these days.
*sigh*.