on Bush and his crashes

Old August 1st 04, 09:24 PM
Werehatrack

Default on Bush and his crashes

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:00:39 GMT, RonSonic
wrote:

Better shot, but doesn't change much, still looks like a doofus and still has no
legs. At least he's got enough tan to avoid the "flourescent tubes with hair"
look.

Kerry almost certainly doesn't have time to spend two or three hours a
day on a bike. In his position, I'd say that he's lucky to get two or
three hours a week. You don't get LanceLegs(tm) sitting at a desk or
in the seat of a limo or plane.

Dubya, OTOH, seems not to give a damn whether he's on the job or off
doing something else.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old August 1st 04, 10:05 PM
foldedpath

RonSonic wrote in
:

http://tinyurl.com/44bq3

Better shot, but doesn't change much, still looks like a doofus and
still has no legs. At least he's got enough tan to avoid the
"flourescent tubes with hair" look.

Ron

Hah! You must have seen me riding my bike recently!

That look immediately precedes the "lobster leg" look.

--
Mike Barrs
Old August 1st 04, 11:07 PM
Pat

True, but there are some elements of this bicycle ****ing contest that
are somewhat worrying. For instance, the reference in a previous article
in the Denver Post (see earlier thread "where did all these SEROTTAS
come from???", link from "meb" on 29 July) to GWB's riding with such
fury that his Secret Service agents are getting broken collarbones and
ribs trying to keep up with him.

A bit of a shame that GWB feels the need to assert whatever virility he
may have by trying to humiliate his bodyguards who are doing their best
(poor sods) to protect him. Why does he have to try to burn his riding
mates off his peloton all the time? Gives a truer insight into his
leadership style than most would want to see.

Okay, cool off a bit, here. As I understand it, he is learning to ride on
the trails--or no trails--on his ranch. He is riding a mountain bike. I have
never seen a peloton on mountain bike trails (have you?). I am sure new
mountain bike riders fall from time to time. I read that he took up
mountain biking because his knee was giving him problems when he ran.
That's the basic stuff. Now, where you get from that to "asserting virility"
and "burning his riding mates off the peloton all the time" I don't know.
This reminds me of the letter writer who wrote to the editor that because
John Kerry didn't throw a perfect strike at that baseball game, that meant
he "couldn't be trusted to complete anything." Take a deep breath and
realise this is not real deep stuff! It's just sports!

Pat in TX

Old August 1st 04, 11:08 PM
Pat

"Boris Foelsch" wrote

In their subtle way, I think they're trying to say GWB's not real smart
about staying safe on a bike.

In their subtle way, I think they're trying to say GWB's not real smart,
period.
--
mark

The man's learning to ride a mountain bike off road. Give him a break! All
newbies have crashes. I did an endo when I got my mountain bike. I fell
when I got my new inline skates. it has nothing to do with intelligence and
everything to do with experience.

Pat in TX

Old August 2nd 04, 12:32 AM
Mark Hickey

Werehatrack wrote:

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 14:56:14 GMT, "mark" wrote:

In their subtle way, I think they're trying to say GWB's not real smart,
period.

It takes subtlety to *not* say it. It takes blindness to not see it.

What does it take to truly believe that a truly dumb person could
actually rise to the most powerful position on earth?

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old August 2nd 04, 12:52 AM
Tom Sherman

Mark Hickey wrote:

What does it take to truly believe that a truly dumb person could
actually rise to the most powerful position on earth?

Who said Dick Cheney was stupid?

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old August 2nd 04, 01:23 AM
Trevor Jeffrey

Mark Hickey wrote in message ...
Werehatrack wrote:

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 14:56:14 GMT, "mark" wrote:

In their subtle way, I think they're trying to say GWB's not real smart,
period.

It takes subtlety to *not* say it. It takes blindness to not see it.

What does it take to truly believe that a truly dumb person could
actually rise to the most powerful position on earth?

An illusion called democracy.
TJ

Old August 2nd 04, 02:22 AM
LioNiNoiL_a t_N e t s c a p E_D 0 T_N e T

A bit of a shame that GWB feels the need to assert whatever
virility he may have by trying to humiliate his bodyguards
who are doing their best (poor sods) to protect him.

That lot deserve every helping of humiliation he can dish them: a bunch
of girlie-men who can't even keep up with a middle-aged Fred like the
President.

--
Robots don't kill people -- people kill people.
http://www.irobotmovie.com/

Old August 2nd 04, 02:31 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Robert wrote:

(pls - for us on the wrong side of the pond - who's Fabrizio?)

Fabrizio Mazzoleni is the defending champion of the Tour de Farce.

Tour de Rêves. Check the archives.

I should know, I'm the president of the fan club,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.wiredcola.com
Verus de parvis; verus de magnis.
Old August 2nd 04, 02:41 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Robert wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

"Boris Foelsch" wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/01/we...cgr.html?8hpib

I'm not so sure about some of the commentary - I find road riding to be at
least as dangerous as off-road, but it's amusing anyway.

In their subtle way, I think they're trying to say GWB's not real smart
about staying safe on a bike.

Well it IS the New York Times. ;-)

I think it's great that both candidates are riding bikes, and that
both are doing it with enough abandon to crash once in a while (you
don't want a commander in chief who is scared by a little road rash).

True, but there are some elements of this bicycle ****ing contest that
are somewhat worrying. For instance, the reference in a previous article
in the Denver Post (see earlier thread "where did all these SEROTTAS
come from???", link from "meb" on 29 July) to GWB's riding with such
fury that his Secret Service agents are getting broken collarbones and
ribs trying to keep up with him.

Considering some of the damage that I have done to myself riding against
only myself (and that I have seen others do without any encouragement
from me) using a mountain bike, I'd say that falling down is an
unavoidable element of "serious" dirt riding. If you're not pushing fast
enough to occasionally fall down, you're probably not riding very
seriously, or the terrain isn't very serious.

A bit of a shame that GWB feels the need to assert whatever virility he
may have by trying to humiliate his bodyguards who are doing their best
(poor sods) to protect him. Why does he have to try to burn his riding
mates off his peloton all the time? Gives a truer insight into his
leadership style than most would want to see.

That could just mean he's riding at his own pace, and that the Secret
Service guys aren't very good riders. I guess he should wait, but I'd
say it's the perogative of the Prez to ride hard and fast during his
downtime.

I'm tempted to read more into Kerry's repeatedly blaming sporting
mishaps on his security detail, which actually has a tad more chance of
giving some character insight than assuming Bush is the reason his SS
men keep getting hurt.

Sounds like the kind of thing that Idi Amin used to do with *his*
security detail.

No, it doesn't.

Be sure that GWB doesn't shave his legs. Hrr, hrr, . . .

I just wish Kerry would buy a real jersey and Bush would lose the toe
clips. Fabrizio must be horrified.

(pls - for us on the wrong side of the pond - who's Fabrizio?)

Winner of the Tour de Reves. A legend in his own mind. The ultimate
peloton style authority. A force to be reckoned with.