Knee surgery from CMW

Old December 10th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shug

Default Knee surgery from CMW

Yeah .... good and healin' vibe coming your way. This thread makes me
want to be more careful .... but ride till ya' pop or tear.
Seriously though my wish is for good knees for all of you. My wife is
an aerialist and has been for over 20 years. Popped her ACL doing just a
hitch kick in a show, not even a hard thing but she felt it go. You just
never know so live big whilst you can.
Shug

--
Shug

Industrial Strength Chafing
Old December 10th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Harley

MuniAddict;1146645 wrote:
I'll buy that! You'd only be 75 by then; I'd be nearly 93! I guess
I'll just have to compress those same 40 years of riding into a nice
compact 22.9 years instead! Shouldn't be too much of a problem, since
I've probably done at least 10 years worth in just the last 3 and
change!

Maybe we could start to refer to them as 'unicycle years,' sort of like
"dog years" Terry you decide what the ratio should be and we'll run with
it.

--
Harley

Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can **** a hole
through a rock.
Old December 10th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Harley;1146923 wrote:
Maybe we could start to refer to them as 'unicycle years,' sort of like
"dog years" Terry you decide what the ratio should be and we'll run with
it.

Haha interesting idea! Gotta think aboot that one for a bit...

--
MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old December 10th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

MuniAddict;1146580 wrote:
I think he meant *K*atheryn *H*epburn! Get better old man!

30000

Wooooo! She rides left foot forward. Yay to all you lefties out
there.

|Filename: katy.jpg |

UnicycleJuggler

--Experienced--In--Pain*
'UnIcYcLe *D O
T* CoM *D O T*
Uk' (http://unicycle.uk.com/Shop/)
Old December 11th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Shug;1146651 wrote:
Yeah .... good and healin' vibe coming your way.

+1...........to everyone.

I mildly sprained my ankle in a UPD the other day (just meant I had to
take it easy for the rest of the ride).

I hate stretching, but I've been working really hard on w/ the
flexibility of my Achilles Tendon/calves for the last 9 months and I
think I'll be able to stand w/ my feet flat by the time I get to 1 yr.
I think not being able to stand on one foot is one of the things holding
back my progress the most, and before I can relearn that, I need to get
my heels down

-As some of you know I broke my back almost 9 yrs ago w/ major
paralysis in my lower legs, glutes, and hips, also tightened tendons.
My thighs and core are relatively normal and that w/ my baces (see
avatar) allowed me to learn to ride and then Muni.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old December 11th 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

What kind of UPD did you have that caused that damage to your knee?

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
(http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
(http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
Old December 11th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

By the way, good luck with your surgery tomorrow!

Hope it goes well.

Kris

--
danger_uni
Old December 11th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Munivision

john_childs;1147362 wrote:
What kind of UPD did you have that caused that damage to your knee?

Not really sure. Banged it up a couple years ago in a MTB UPD. Then
at CMW started hurting a bit Saturday on the Coker race. Quit the
race(first time I've ever quit at anything!). Then rode the long ride
Sunday with it getting sorer and sorer(sp?). 7 weeks now and no
improvement. Surgeon thinks it is an older injury aggrivated at CMW. I
did have a few UPD's there, so could have been any of them.

KH-and the whole community-thanks for the good wishes for tomorrow!

--
Munivision

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
Old December 11th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vivalargo

Good luck on your surgery, Jim. The muni has been kinda rough on you.

In fact, almost everyone from my original group of friends is racked up
pretty badly - it took almost 4 years of constant riding.

Eyal is just finishing a four month layoff (knee); Charlie just had his
ACL redone; Don's knee is cooked and he'll probably need a
reconstruction; my shoulder needs surgery from dislocating it during a
big drop/fall, and my MCL is stretched. Other than that, I've seen two
broken backs and countless other injuries over the last few years,
mostly on gnarly DH single tracks. Seems thy will get you eventually . .
Old December 12th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
entropy

vivalargo;1147744 wrote:

In fact, almost everyone from my original group of friends is racked up
pretty badly - it took almost 4 years of constant riding.

Eyal is just finishing a four month layoff (knee); Charlie just had his
ACL redone; Don's knee is cooked and he'll probably need a
reconstruction; my shoulder needs surgery from dislocating it during a
big drop/fall, and my MCL is stretched. Other than that, I've seen two
broken backs and countless other injuries over the last few years,
mostly on gnarly DH single tracks. Seems thy will get you eventually . .
. .

danger_uni wrote:

Up here in Vancouver we're a bit of a mess right now! Frank just got an
MCL tear, Jon has an ACL tear, James has a messed up ankle, and I had a
minor orthoscopy 2 weeks ago.

At least no one can blame me for this mess - I've been surfing for the
last nine months!

Good luck on the recoveries Jim & everyone! The trails will wait.

--
entropy

Shut up and ride.

Toe surgery... UniDudeDX Unicycling 67 March 23rd 08 12:09 AM
Bicycling and arthroscopic knee surgery [email protected] General 10 November 15th 05 05:15 PM
FS: Federal ACL knee gasket knee pads, new, medium Todd Marketplace 0 February 8th 05 04:29 AM
OT Eye surgery Stan Cox UK 23 August 28th 04 11:29 AM
Knee surgery progress report jpcycler Unicycling 35 January 19th 04 02:28 PM