Jeanson banned for life

Old January 20th 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Jeanson banned for life

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
oups.com...

B. Lafferty wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message
ups.com...

"Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms. I doubt very
seriously she was doping in the early years of her career. Whether she
was in the last few years, I don't know. I will NOT jump to
conclusions that she must have been just because she won."

That must be it. That would explain many dominating performances in the
peloton since, say the early 1990s. Wink, wink.

Dumbass -

No male racer ever dominated their races the way she dominated hers
(when she was fully pumped up).

Not even Eddy Merckx.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

That's because the depth of the women's fields doesn't compare to the men.
Think Museeuu flying home in P-R putting time on his pursuers who were
working to bring him back.

Old January 20th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

B. Lafferty wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dumbass -

No male racer ever dominated their races the way she dominated hers
(when she was fully pumped up).

Not even Eddy Merckx.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

That's because the depth of the women's fields doesn't compare to the men.
Think Museeuu flying home in P-R putting time on his pursuers who were
working to bring him back.

Before we get too worked up about using comparisions to make
our points about Jeanson and 'the program', I just want to
point out that both Merckx and Musseuw were on the top programs
of their day.

Bob Schwartz
Old January 20th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 1/20/06 3:33 AM, in article
. net, "B. Lafferty"

B. Lafferty wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message
ups.com...

"Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms. I doubt very
seriously she was doping in the early years of her career. Whether she
was in the last few years, I don't know. I will NOT jump to
conclusions that she must have been just because she won."

That must be it. That would explain many dominating performances in the
peloton since, say the early 1990s. Wink, wink.

Dumbass -

No male racer ever dominated their races the way she dominated hers
(when she was fully pumped up).

Not even Eddy Merckx.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

That's because the depth of the women's fields doesn't compare to the men.
Think Museeuu flying home in P-R putting time on his pursuers who were
working to bring him back.

How many Wasps did he take for that??

Old January 20th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
For EPO use: http://www.940news.com/locale.php?news=2020

"The US tests weren't the first time Jeanson had tested positive and
that's why she was banned for life." -- that would be a no-show at the
drugsmobile after the 2003 Flèche Wallonne, and hematocrit too high before
Worlds 2004.

Several interesting notes in this piece like retiring before being
sanctioned...

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9400.0.html

"Jeanson took out a U.S. racing license following a battle with the
Quebec cycling federation after the 2003 world championships in
Hamilton, when she was not allowed to start the road race due to an
elevated hematocrit level. She passed subsequent doping tests."

Looks like USA Cycling is paying for their lust
Old January 20th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Me" wrote in message
On 1/20/06 3:33 AM, in article
. net, "B. Lafferty"

B. Lafferty wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message
[...]

:-)

Old January 20th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Scott wrote:
Ceasar Valeroso wrote:

"The US tests weren't the first time Jeanson had tested positive and
that's why she was banned for life." -- that would be a no-show at the
drugsmobile after the 2003 Flèche Wallonne, and hematocrit too high before
Worlds 2004.

Abut taught her to cheat, it's sad she might have been a champion
without the drugs, but we'll never know if what we saw was real, or not. I
think everyone knew, some of those races she looked like the bionic woman
compared to the rest, it was unreal, and was.

Everyone seems to think that because she was so dominant she must've
been cheating, yet we forget that every so often a true phenomenon
comes along (usually in the jr ranks, and continuing for awhile in the
elites/pros). Think of how Lemond crushed the jr's and elite amateurs
while still quite young.

Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms. I doubt very
seriously she was doping in the early years of her career. Whether she
was in the last few years, I don't know. I will NOT jump to
conclusions that she must have been just because she won.

I think she was one of those phenoms anyways and would have still been
so without dope... i think she's young, naive, not too smart and got
involved with the wrong people.
Old January 20th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Marlene Blanshay wrote:
Scott wrote:
Ceasar Valeroso wrote:

[...]

There've been some real questions from everybody about her
relationship with Abut for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised to find
out that he fed her EPO and lied to her about it. He's always tried to
keep her isolated and under his control from everything I've heard and
seen, and from a personal point of view I think he's an arrogant
asshole at best. I think this was a great young kid he exploited and
ridden for all she was worth, now he'll probably dump her cold after
the appeals are used up. The few times I've said Hi to her or been
around when she was talking with others she seemed like a really nice
person but he would never let her do too much of that at any race I
saw.
Bill C

Old January 20th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bill C wrote:

There've been some real questions from everybody about her
relationship with Abut for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised to find
out that he fed her EPO and lied to her about it.

If that's true, I wonder if we'll ever know. Or if she'll ever know,
for sure.

He's always tried to
keep her isolated and under his control from everything I've heard and
seen, and from a personal point of view I think he's an arrogant
asshole at best. I think this was a great young kid he exploited and
ridden for all she was worth, now he'll probably dump her cold after
the appeals are used up.

Dump her? She's quit, even if she wins her appeal.

And for whom? I don't think he'll be finding any more cyclists who
want him as a coach.

His athletic background is canoeing, anyway. I never quite figured out
how he ended up as her cycling coach.

The few times I've said Hi to her or been
around when she was talking with others she seemed like a really nice
person but he would never let her do too much of that at any race I
saw.

Wow. I've had the same experience. Wow.

Bill C

Old January 20th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Marlene Blanshay" wrote in message
news

I think she was one of those phenoms anyways and would have still been so
without dope... i think she's young, naive, not too smart and got involved
with the wrong people.

why the poor, defenseless creature!

Old January 21st 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 20 Jan 2006 13:44:46 -0800, "MMan" wrote:

His athletic background is canoeing, anyway.
I never quite figured out
how he ended up as her cycling coach.

Got to her first and hung on/ isolated her. I'm still hoping to read
a "tell-all" from Nicole Freedman about her time on Rona. That'll be
wild stuff.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Lance Armstrong found with banned substances in Paris! rs Techniques 0 September 10th 05 05:40 PM
Jeanson and Bessette MMan Racing 4 August 3rd 05 04:25 PM
Jeanson and her skeptics Sierraman Racing 4 July 7th 04 01:02 AM
Jeanson On The Skids B. Lafferty Racing 16 May 29th 04 01:04 PM
Boys banned from riding to school Extract from BBC News page Paul Moss UK 143 April 20th 04 08:05 PM