Is anyone clean?

Old June 10th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Is anyone clean?

benjo maso wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bob Schwartz wrote:
wrote:
Wow. You seem to know a lot about me. Things I don't even think or do.
That's a good way to become the "winner" in a Usenet argument. Just
make things up.

I did no such thing. I presented a pointed response which you avoided.
That is a defense mechanism that is consistent with denial. Don't be
such a self righteous puke.

If it is really essential to you to follow a clean sport you are left
with the one with the brooms that Curtis mentioned. Unless you are
willing to not see things you don't want to see, then the options
are more numerous. If that is the approach you are going to take then
don't expect to be a self righteous puke and have people love you.
The history of doping in sport goes back as far as the existance of
dope and sport. None of this is new, only its visibility to you.

You are familiar with the 'Convicts of the Road' interview that
Albert Londres conducted with Henri Pélissier, right? Should we talk
about some of the stuff that 6 day racers took, back in the day?

The people with the brooms are lucky that lite beer is not considered
performance enhancing. If it was then even they would be off limits.

Bob Schwartz

That sport with brooms seems to be alcohol and nicotine driven, at
least historically. It's about like league bowling, except on the
championship level.

http://soudogcurling.tripod.com/gervaistribute.html
Everything I've read said he was THE patron saint of this type stuff.
****, it doesn't matter if it's tiddlywinks. When there's competition,
people cheat. That's just the reality, and always has been. Doesn't
mean we like it, just means we're realistic, not demanding some
non-existant sporting utopia.

... or organisations like the UCI which is claiming already for 40 years
that we are making progess (sounds familiar somehow) ...

Benjo

Hey, New drugs, New tests, New rules, that's progress right ;-)
What's important in life is the journey!
Bill C

Old June 10th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

benjo maso wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bob Schwartz wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Quite right. So let nobody trying to spoil it claiming that we're on the
verge of reaching the destination...

Benjo

Old June 12th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:24:48 GMT, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

I did no such thing. I presented a pointed response which you avoided.
That is a defense mechanism that is consistent with denial. Don't be
such a self righteous puke.

Technical point here. 'Puke' is no longer the perjorative term it once
was, now that it is the official designation of the first rung of the
Livedrunk (c) Ladder of Life. We would prefer 'self righteous ****'.

You only get hurt if you fall off sober.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old June 12th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Simon Brooke wrote:

People who care about bike racing have to deal with the fact that
it /isn't/ a clean sport, and that we /can't/ know whether our personal
heroes are clean. People cope with that in different ways. But however
we cope with it, it's a scab, and we don't like it when other people
pick our scabs in public.

More people should read Allan Peiper's book.
http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=1315

Old June 12th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

in message . com, Tom
Kunich ') wrote:

Simon Brooke wrote:

People who care about bike racing have to deal with the fact that
it /isn't/ a clean sport, and that we /can't/ know whether our
personal heroes are clean. People cope with that in different ways.
But however we cope with it, it's a scab, and we don't like it when
other people pick our scabs in public.

More people should read Allan Peiper's book.
http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=1315

And just to cap it all, browsing about on that site I found this:
http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp...kid=39&ID=1466

Get them while stocks last - you'll never have another chance!

Simon, never afraid of taking a liberty, for what that's wurth.

;; Perl ... is the Brittney Spears of programming - easily accessible
;; but, in the final analysis, empty of any significant thought
;; Frank Adrian on Slashdot, 21st July 2003

Spring clean elyob UK 6 February 18th 06 11:06 AM
how do you clean tandem timing chains? [email protected] Techniques 12 October 5th 05 06:28 PM
How can there be clean riders in the top 20, 30 places? [email protected] Racing 7 August 26th 05 06:29 AM
RR: I take it all back.. CLEAN YOUR BIKE! hippy Australia 23 February 24th 05 11:03 PM