Discovery ends sponsorship at end of 2007

Old February 11th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Discovery ends sponsorship at end of 2007

"Andy B." wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 11, 8:52 am, "Andy B." wrote:
(I wrote):

You took it to the group, as I told you to do so in a reply to your
trashy email.

FYI, I always intended it to go to the group, I just hit the wrong button.
Oh, I mean, thank you oh wize one, without your guidance, my trashy e-mail
would have never made it. I love you.

You can't expect too much from a retired old asscrack model.

Old February 11th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 11, 7:52 am, "Andy B." wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Feb 9, 6:09 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Discovery is going through financial problems and it is handy to blame
the
CEO.

Corporate America, what a wonderful place for those who don't even
have to perform to grab a handle off the top. --D-y

No no no, you've got it all wrong. The top jobs are held by the ones who
perform them best - that's why they have the high salaries and you don't.

High salary doesn't necessarily imply high performance.

http://www.businessweek.com/2000/00_42/b3703102.htm
http://www.forbes.com/2005/04/20/05ceoland.html
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/kool_aid.jpg

Ben

Old February 11th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 11, 12:09 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

You can't expect too much from a retired old asscrack model.

Alone with the housewives. It was great.

Expect too much? Would you like to compare correct word form usage, on
a per-post basis, TK? You know-- affect/effect, and so forth?

How about spelling? --D-y

Old February 11th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 11, 9:14 am, "Andy B." wrote:

FYI, I always intended it to go to the group, I just hit the wrong button.

Yeah, twice you hit the wrong button.

Oh, I mean, thank you oh wize one, without your guidance, my trashy e-mail
would have never made it.

You and Kunich. "Wise" is spelled with an "s". I know, it gets
confusing when you try to go just by sound. English is tough that way.
You'll get it.

I love you.

I'm long since spoken for. So the "marta" in your email addy-- is that
your mom? --D-y

Old February 11th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 11, 9:16 am, "Andy B." wrote:
(I wrote):

Ford and GM are foundering because of *the workers*? Or, better yet,
the unions?

(Andy B replied):
Of course it's the union's fault - I mean heck, Toyota has the highest paid
blue collar force in the country and look at how crappy their profits are.

That's a de facto comparison of good and bad leadership. See, the top
dogs don't all perform anywhere near close!

OK, make sure the "send" button isn't in your mail program again. IOW,
don't just shut your eyes and hit Enter, hoping for the electrons to
know where they're supposed to go.

Good luck! --D-y

Old February 11th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andy B.

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 11, 9:14 am, "Andy B." wrote:
I'm long since spoken for. So the "marta" in your email addy-- is that
your mom? --D-y

My beard. Good luck,

-Andy B.

Old February 11th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andy B.

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 11, 9:16 am, "Andy B." wrote:
(I wrote):

Ford and GM are foundering because of *the workers*? Or, better yet,
the unions?

(Andy B replied):
Of course it's the union's fault - I mean heck, Toyota has the highest
paid
blue collar force in the country and look at how crappy their profits
are.

That's a de facto comparison of good and bad leadership. See, the top
dogs don't all perform anywhere near close!

Wow, you catch on really fast.

-Andy B.

Old February 11th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST

On 2/11/07 2:29 PM, in article ,
"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote:

wrote:
High salary doesn't necessarily imply high performance.

http://www.businessweek.com/2000/00_42/b3703102.htm
http://www.forbes.com/2005/04/20/05ceoland.html
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/kool_aid.jpg

Or vice versa.
http://www.dronkert.net/

You would get more hits if it was drunkert.net

Old February 12th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 9, 4:09 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

I am really not surprised at all that Discovery is dropping the team.
Lance is a very hard act to follow. There is no rider who will come
close to matching Lance. Teams come and go after time it's the nature
of cycling. If Discovery can pull off a big win this year then they
probably will be able to find another sponsor. But let's remember that
even Merckx was forced leave a team because they could not find a
sponsor. But the real risk is for the Trek Stores who have put all
their eggs in one basket. Without the team things will be very
interesting.

Good scoop by velonews

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11627.0.html

Discovery is going through financial problems and it is handy to blame the
CEO.

Check our Versus (ex-OLN) who can't even give us a schedule of the spring
classics. I assume that they don't have enough money to cover them and
during Paris-Roubaix they'll be playing re-runs of the Lumberjack Log
Rolling Championships.

Bill Stapleton is a pretty sharp cookie and I'm betting that he'll have
another boffo sponsor on the string soon.

Ain't it time that Genetech sponsored a team? That would certainly be good
for a lot doping charges.

2007 Trek 1500 Discovery Channel colors, LIKE NEW [email protected] Marketplace 2 November 12th 06 07:14 PM
Skoda ends Tour de France sponsorship Jason Spaceman Racing 7 August 9th 06 02:16 PM
Stage7: 1) DISCOVERY! 2) DISCOVERY! 3) DISCOVERY! Me Racing 23 June 14th 05 07:46 AM
Sponsorship rayner Australia 4 July 18th 04 06:00 AM
It's official - Discovery takes over USPS Sponsorship Brian P Racing 5 June 17th 04 01:38 AM