Discovery ends sponsorship at end of 2007

Old February 12th 07, 09:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Default Discovery ends sponsorship at end of 2007

Tom Kunich wrote:
You can't expect too much from a retired old asscrack model.

wrote:
Alone with the housewives. It was great.

Expect too much? Would you like to compare correct word form usage, on
a per-post basis, TK? You know-- affect/effect, and so forth?

How about spelling? --D-y

He hasn't accused you of being gay yet, which means you've still got to
work a little harder at disagreeing with him in order to make it with
the rest of us on the renowned Kunich gaylist.

Old February 12th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 11, 4:48 pm, "Andy B." wrote:
(Andy B replied):
Of course it's the union's fault - I mean heck, Toyota has the highest
paid
blue collar force in the country and look at how crappy their profits
are.

(I replied):
That's a de facto comparison of good and bad leadership. See, the top
dogs don't all perform anywhere near close!

(Struggling for a comeback):
Wow, you catch on really fast.

If you don't have anything "good" to say, don't say anything. --D-y

Old February 13th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 12, 3:49 am, Donald Munro wrote:
(repeating in all good fun):

wrote):
Alone with the housewives. It was great.

Expect too much? Would you like to compare correct word form usage, on
a per-post basis, TK? You know-- affect/effect, and so forth?

How about spelling?

(now DM):

He hasn't accused you of being gay yet, which means you've still got to
work a little harder at disagreeing with him in order to make it with
the rest of us on the renowned Kunich gaylist.

I was, at one time, and guessing, of course since I haven't been over
to his house to actually *see* the list, at or very near the top.

Evidence (From a thread entitled "Tom Kunich is an Ass"):

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...d45198be3dc78f

Yes, he did say something close to: "I should call the Austin police
on you" for an assertion (made earlier) regarding sexual mores that he
had a hard time swallowing.

He doesn't call the police on just *anyone*, you know!

Keep smilin'. --D-y

Old February 13th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Sheatsley

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
.net...
wrote in message
ups.com...
Good scoop by velonews

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11627.0.html

Discovery is going through financial problems and it is handy to blame the
CEO.

Check our Versus (ex-OLN) who can't even give us a schedule of the spring
classics. I assume that they don't have enough money to cover them and
during Paris-Roubaix they'll be playing re-runs of the Lumberjack Log
Rolling Championships.

Bill Stapleton is a pretty sharp cookie and I'm betting that he'll have
another boffo sponsor on the string soon.

Ain't it time that Genetech sponsored a team? That would certainly be good
for a lot doping charges.

By accident, I found the following schedules on the Versus web site.
You'd never find them from their home page!

First, dates/times for coverage of the spring classics are at:
http://www.versus.com/cyclysm/

Next, dates/times for coverage of the Amgen Tour of California are at:
http://www.versus.com/nw/article/vie...=true&catID=76
Note that coverage starts this Sunday !

10 degrees Fahrenheit and 8-14 inches of snow forcast tonight in upstate NY.
Hurry up Spring.

Regards,
John

Old February 13th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

nk.net...

wrote in message
[...]

John, thanks for the info on the Tour of California.

All of my emails to Versus have gone unanswered but I got exactly the same
accidental hit on that Versus cite. When I first got onto it, it showed the
correct dates but in the text it often said "2006" so that on first glance
it looked like last year's schedule. And at first it didn't show the Tour of
California schedule.

I tried to find it through their home page later and have been totally
unsuccessful.

If there's one thing Versus has shown themselves to be marvelously efficient
at it's marketing. Well negative marketing I suppose you might call it. When
you put morons in charge of everything you get moronic actions.

Old February 14th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven L. Sheffield

On 2/13/07 4:15 PM, in article
t, "Tom Kunich"
cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

When you put morons in charge of everything you get moronic actions.

What a perfect commentary on the state of the union, and our policies in
Iraq!

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old February 14th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Steven L. Sheffield" wrote in message
On 2/13/07 4:15 PM, in article
t, "Tom Kunich"
cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

When you put morons in charge of everything you get moronic actions.

What a perfect commentary on the state of the union, and our policies in
Iraq!

Why is it that you aren't a stock broker any long Steven?

Old February 14th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven L. Sheffield

On 2/13/07 6:43 PM, in article
t, "Tom Kunich"

cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

When you put morons in charge of everything you get moronic actions.

What a perfect commentary on the state of the union, and our policies in
Iraq!

Why is it that you aren't a stock broker any long Steven?

Probably because I never was a stock broker ... I'm not a salesman.

I am, however, part of the branch management team here in SLC, and a trader,
registered in all 50 states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, along with the NASD,
NYSE, AMEX, CBOE, PHLX, PCX, and NQX.

And you're still a moron.

From NASDR BrokerCheck:

File for: Data Current as of: 02/14/2007
CRD# 3227770
STEVEN L SHEFFIELD

ALL CURRENT EMPLOYMENTS

This section provides all current employments (investment-related and
non-investment related) as reported on the individual broker's Form U-4. It
displays the name of the employing brokerage firm that employs this
individual broker, the brokerage firm's CRD number (if applicable), the
location of the office where the individual broker is employed, and the
individual broker's start date.

To view information on NASD registered firms, you can click on the brokerage
firm name hyperlink.

If the individual broker is currently employed with an investment adviser,
the investment adviser's name and CRD number will display. However,
additional information is not available on investment advisers through NASD
BrokerCheck as they are not NASD registered brokerage firms.

If the individual broker is currently employed with a brokerage firm
registered with any self-regulatory organization other than NASD (e.g., the
NYSE), either the brokerage firm's name or "Other Business" will display as
the Employing Firm. To obtain the brokerage firm's name when "Other
Business" displays as the Employing Firm, please call the NASD BrokerCheck
Hotline number, 1-800-289-9999.

A Brokerage Firm CRD Number will display for NASD registered brokerage firms
the individual broker is currently associated with. A Brokerage Firm CRD
Number will not display for NASD registered firms the individual broker was
formerly associated with.

In addition, a Brokerage Firm CRD Number will not display for employing
brokerage firms that are not NASD registered firms. Information on these
employing brokerage firms is not available through NASD BrokerCheck.

Employing Brokerage Firm: MORGAN STANLEY DW INC.
Brokerage Firm CRD Number: 7556
Office of Employment
Address: 2500 LAKE PARK BOULEVARD
WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84120

Start Date: 11/01/2000
End Date: to present

CRD# 3227770
STEVEN L SHEFFIELD

Registrations

This section provides the jurisdictions with which the individual broker is
currently registered or licensed to do business, the category of each
registration, and the date on which the registration approval was granted.

Employer: MORGAN STANLEY DW INC.

Jurisdiction/SRO Category Status Status As Of Date
AK Agent Approved 10/01/2003
AL Agent Approved 10/01/2003
AMEX General Securities Representative Approved 08/20/2002
AR Agent Approved 10/01/2003
AZ Agent Approved 10/01/2003
CA Agent Approved 10/01/2003
CBOE General Securities Representative Approved 08/20/2002
CO Agent Approved 10/01/2003
CT Agent Approved 10/01/2003
DC Agent Approved 10/01/2003
DE Agent Approved 10/01/2003
FL Agent Approved 10/01/2003
GA Agent Approved 10/01/2003
HI Agent Approved 10/01/2003
IA Agent Approved 10/01/2003
ID Agent Approved 10/01/2003
IL Agent Approved 10/01/2003
IN Agent Approved 10/01/2003
KS Agent Approved 10/01/2003
KY Agent Approved 10/01/2003
LA Agent Approved 10/02/2003
MA Agent Approved 10/01/2003
MD Agent Approved 10/01/2003
ME Agent Approved 10/01/2003
MI Agent Approved 10/01/2003
MN Agent Approved 10/01/2003
MO Agent Approved 10/01/2003
MS Agent Approved 10/01/2003
MT Agent Approved 10/01/2003
NASD General Securities Representative Approved 11/07/2000
NC Agent Approved 10/02/2003
ND Agent Approved 10/01/2003
NE Agent Approved 10/01/2003
NH Agent Approved 10/01/2003
NJ Agent Approved 10/01/2003
NM Agent Approved 10/01/2003
NQX General Securities Representative Approved 07/12/2006
NV Agent Approved 10/01/2003
NY Agent Approved 10/01/2003
NYSE General Securities Representative Approved 08/20/2002
OH Agent Approved 10/02/2003
OK Agent Approved 10/01/2003
OR Agent Approved 10/01/2003
PA Agent Approved 10/01/2003
PCX General Securities Representative Approved 08/20/2002
PHLX General Securities Representative Approved 08/20/2002
PR Agent Approved 10/01/2003
RI Agent Approved 10/01/2003
SC Agent Approved 10/01/2003
SD Agent Approved 10/01/2003
TN Agent Approved 10/01/2003
TX Agent Approved 10/01/2003
UT Agent Approved 11/28/2000
VA Agent Approved 10/01/2003
VT Agent Approved 10/01/2003
WA Agent Approved 10/01/2003
WI Agent Approved 10/01/2003
WV Agent Approved 10/01/2003
WY Agent Approved 10/01/2003

Old February 14th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

When you put morons in charge of everything you get moronic actions.

What a perfect commentary on the state of the union, and our policies in
Iraq!

Why is it that you aren't a stock broker any long Steven?

Probably because I never was a stock broker ... I'm not a salesman.

I am, however, part of the branch management team here in SLC, and a
trader,
registered in all 50 states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, along with the NASD,
NYSE, AMEX, CBOE, PHLX, PCX, and NQX.

Touch a nerve there little man? Funny that when you were on the "management
team" in San Francisco that you still worked in a bike shop to make some
money.

2007 Trek 1500 Discovery Channel colors, LIKE NEW [email protected] Marketplace 2 November 12th 06 07:14 PM
Skoda ends Tour de France sponsorship Jason Spaceman Racing 7 August 9th 06 02:16 PM
Stage7: 1) DISCOVERY! 2) DISCOVERY! 3) DISCOVERY! Me Racing 23 June 14th 05 07:46 AM
Sponsorship rayner Australia 4 July 18th 04 06:00 AM
It's official - Discovery takes over USPS Sponsorship Brian P Racing 5 June 17th 04 01:38 AM